Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excuses 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ohhh ok it's ok for a losing coach to have excuses if you like him, but it's not ok for any reasons for the coach you don't..🤣🤣🤣

Ok I get it agenda much 🤣
My info was just meant as that , to be informative about what transpired.

In my opinion very harshly treated by the Donkey set up , but there’s been huge changes there since that happened.

Still doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to have success with us , but I truly believe he’s not a dud.

Did well at the Bunnies.

Doomed to failure by “ the system “ in Brisbane.

87 /13 @Woodsie

A few more positives should get this to about 90/10 and honestly you’ll never get it any higher than that.

Most of lurking here in late November I'd suggest are optimists! I go into every season thinking we can win it, obviously that gets corrected real quick most years but I'm back season after season like the rest of us chasing that Holy Grail!

movieposter.jpg

I was going to go with Hunters and Collecters but our club is more Monty Python than Mark Seymour.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't understand?
I have an agenda???
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He left end of August, 4 rounds remaining, with a minus 300 or something diff from 3 wins sitting in 15th spot 1 w ahead of the dogs.

The damage was done, the spoon was his, 20 rounds but because he got sacked with 4 to go the spoons not his responsibility, come on, 🤣 whether that fits your preferred narrative is another question altogether.
Well a fact is a fact, can't wait to read of your excitement when the Eagles lose for the first time next year, I'm a lifelong Manly supporter and I fail to understand the negativity that motivates some on here. As none of us have any say in appointments all we can do is hope that we have positive outcomes. The Hasler Mk2 era and the Barrett years were hardly anything to get excited about and those who wish to denigrate actions by the club to lift us out of that period of ineptitude are either morons or not genuine Manly supporters, take your pick😂

Well a fact is a fact, can't wait to read of your excitement when the Eagles lose for the first time next year, I'm a lifelong Manly supporter and I fail to understand the negativity that motivates some on here. As none of us have any say in appointments all we can do is hope that we have positive outcomes. The Hasler Mk2 era and the Barrett years were hardly anything to get excited about and those who wish to denigrate actions by the club to lift us out of that period of ineptitude are either morons or not genuine Manly supporters, take your pick😂
Exactly the fact is, he was the head coach during their worst ever results. Sugar coat it all you like. And I am concerned with that. So fking what

For you to post what you just did, you don't know me to well, never celebrate a loss at any point but you be you, just because I am a little more cautious about the appointments and not losing my **** because a new coach has arrived doesn't mean anything other than that.

I presume you also got so excited when the dud was appointed too. FMD

I'm so over this "true Manly Supporter Crap" just because someone has a different belief on the best the club could do or how they went about it.

It's insulting to your intelligence and general high esteem I held you in. Dissapointing but then as I am a life long supporter I must be a freaking Moron, Ron...whoa there's a thought......

My info was just meant as that , to be informative about what transpired.

In my opinion very harshly treated by the Donkey set up , but there’s been huge changes there since that happened.

Still doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to have success with us , but I truly believe he’s not a dud.

Did well at the Bunnies.

Doomed to failure by “ the system “ in Brisbane.
Info of eeexcuuuuses...... 🤣

He did, but to apply the excuses, he inherited a premiership winning team, all he had to do was turn up 😜

I'm just winding you up big fella, given you a little spice 👍

Exactly the fact is, he was the head coach during their worst ever results. Sugar coat it all you like. And I am concerned with that. So fking what

For you to post what you just did, you don't know me to well, never celebrate a loss at any point but you be you, just because I am a little more cautious about the appointments and not losing my **** because a new coach has arrived doesn't mean anything other than that.

I presume you also got so excited when the dud was appointed too. FMD

I'm so over this "true Manly Supporter Crap" just because someone has a different belief on the best the club could do or how they went about it.

It's insulting to your intelligence and general high esteem I held you in. Dissapointing but then as I am a life long supporter I must be a freaking Moron, Ron...whoa there's a thought......

I agree with @Mark from Brisbane he never had a chance at the Broncos @ManEagle He had no support from the Broncos Old Boys, who deathrided him from the very beginning of his first training session. They didn't want him there and took whatever opportunities came around to stir up **** and create additional internal conflicts. The senior players didn't want him there, and it became a lot easier to blame his coaching for their lack of effort and intent.

In the end he lost any support he might have been given begrudgingly by the Broncos club admin, who also never wanted him in the first place. I think he has learnt some pretty painful lessons through that whole experience, and do not expect him to have the same issues with us.

I am predicting he takes us top six next season, and top four the next. I will be happy to bring up some posts from this thread when that happens. Until then this argument seems pretty meaningless.

BTW I always thought the dud was a dud, and that bringing back Des was always going to end in tears. Seibold et al I am far more optimistic about. Lets wait and see who was right, and who was wrong. Happy to put a lazy $50 on MWSE making the finals if you are game. Paypal works for me.

Info of eeexcuuuuses...... 🤣

He did, but to apply the excuses, he inherited a premiership winning team, all he had to do was turn up 😜

I'm just winding you up big fella, given you a little spice 👍

Same here @ManEagle I am happy to make it spicy by taking some money off you when we make the finals next season. ;):cool:

Happy to be proven wrong, but I worry about Siebold. He is great salesman and sounds good in front of a camera. Siebold inherited pretty much a top four team at Souths so I don't really believe that those results can be relied upon. A local A grade coach could have done okay with that team he had assembled.

I'm not familiar enough with the Broncos situation to comment, but at the end of the day the results don't paint a great picture. I would have preferred to keep Des at least until his contract ended, but if we had to change then I would have preferred Flanagan because he has a track record of taking teams and building them up.

Time will tell.

I don't think that Kelma Tuilagi is going to be as great as people think.
Week in week out I see him as average with a few moments in his game.
Certainly going to have to lift his intensity level a bit i would say , even though i have not noticed much of him . 2 nd rowers are expected to play a full game these days naturally and with a fairly high workload and mobility factor Well that 's what the top tier sides seem to have on a regular basis . Maybe Condon can be a consideration there as well , Ben Turbo still a maybe there . Bulemor , middle role most likely

Certainly going to have to lift his intensity level a bit i would say , even though i have not noticed much of him . 2 nd rowers are expected to play a full game these days naturally and with a fairly high workload and mobility factor Well that 's what the top tier sides seem to have on a regular basis . Maybe Condon can be a consideration there as well , Ben Turbo still a maybe there . Bulemor , middle role most likely
@Woodsie seems to think our forward pack are going to surprise.

Personally I think they’ll ALL have to take giant steps UP to compete with most sides.

I’m just hoping the new coaching staff can breath life into them.

Paseka could be anything , but he’s not named Pillowseka lightly.

Jake I believe should be a Prop and not play 80.

Ola obviously takes one 2nd row and we assume Tuilagi the other BUT can he play 80???

Then who plays lock??

It’s the big question that will not be answered until March.

I agree with @Mark from Brisbane he never had a chance at the Broncos @ManEagle He had no support from the Broncos Old Boys, who deathrided him from the very beginning of his first training session. They didn't want him there and took whatever opportunities came around to stir up **** and create additional internal conflicts. The senior players didn't want him there, and it became a lot easier to blame his coaching for their lack of effort and intent.

In the end he lost any support he might have been given begrudgingly by the Broncos club admin, who also never wanted him in the first place. I think he has learnt some pretty painful lessons through that whole experience, and do not expect him to have the same issues with us.

I am predicting he takes us top six next season, and top four the next. I will be happy to bring up some posts from this thread when that happens. Until then this argument seems pretty meaningless.

BTW I always thought the dud was a dud, and that bringing back Des was always going to end in tears. Seibold et al I am far more optimistic about. Lets wait and see who was right, and who was wrong. Happy to put a lazy $50 on MWSE making the finals if you are game. Paypal works for me.
Oh I agree he was up against it, but he still failed,I'm just applying the Nio excuses rule across the board rather than selective.

See my above post, I expect us to make the finals anything less is unacceptable this year after they have made the decisions they have made and the way the owners handled it.

I am going to refrain from any positivity here until I see the players deliver some of the effort that Siebold talks about. I think the Siebold + Flanagan combo looks great on paper, but if the players don't lay down some sacrfice for the Manly jersey it doesn't matter who you wheel in.

It certainly feels like it's been a long time since I've seen effort and sacrifice from a majority of these blokes that wear the Manly jersey. They really pissed me off, in particular, this year.

But I'll be there in my Sea Eagles colours, with Sea Eagles glasses on, yelling in their direction in round 1,

Lets see what happens,

NYEagle

I'm curious whether people are expecting the new coaches to introduce a different pattern of defence. Or tweak something?
And are we going to have a new style in attack?
Or is the desired improvement all coming from getting players to 'try harder'?

2 forced changes I can see in attack are firstly, whether Schu's kicking game is immediately up to NRL standard. And secondly, Walker played a key role in our quick wide shifts - whoever replaces him at 14 won't have his passing game, nor probably his running threat.

If the three heads can work as one we have the right balance. If they all pull in different directions then we are farked. I kinda like the fact that they are all well credentialed and are trying to prove themselves.

All I'm looking forward to for 2023 is how our new attack performs , a big improvement in defense and high fitness levels .With a good preseason and minimal injuries ,we can be in the 4 by season end and has a big shot at winning from there .This team now knows the difference between the highs of 2021 and lows of 2022 and must be looking at 2023 to win the GF .( including the new coaches ) Let's go Manly .

All I'm looking forward to for 2023 is how our new attack performs , a big improvement in defense and high fitness levels .With a good preseason and minimal injuries ,we can be in the 4 by season end and has a big shot at winning from there .This team now knows the difference between the highs of 2021 and lows of 2022 and must be looking at 2023 to win the GF .( including the new coaches ) Let's go Manly .
The defence is the thing that needs improving most !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4