Opposing forum posters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
I quite like the different perspective & banter that posters from a opposing teams brings to Silvertails. I appreciate that some are trolls & are out to cause trouble to amuse themselves from day one, but a reasonable percentage are often here to talk footy and again get a different perspective and opinion on things.
What I don't get is why we have to "beat" these guys up until they get fed up and bite back or just leave.
Surely we are all mature enough to appreciate that people will have different opinions to ours, especially opposing team supporters.
I think they can add another element to this already awesome site, without the need for ridicule just because they happen to support another footy team.

I quite like the different perspective & banter that posters from a opposing teams brings to Silvertails. I appreciate that some are trolls & are out to cause trouble to amuse themselves from day one, but a reasonable percentage are often here to talk footy and again get a different perspective and opinion on things.
What I don't get is why we have to "beat" these guys up until they get fed up and bite back or just leave.
Surely we are all mature enough to appreciate that people will have different opinions to ours, especially opposing team supporters.
I think they can add another element to this already awesome site, without the need for ridicule just because they happen to support another footy team.

Maybe, but they all have one thing in common.

They are all smartarses who are here to stir the pot, it's the nature of football forums .

I've got no problems with opposition supporters joining in the debate here. As long as they remember this is a Manly supporter's site, and understand that we will generally be pretty one eyed... Well that's fine. If they can't understand/deal with this fact... Well there's a little red cross up in the corner they can click on..

Put it this way. Jonathan Thurston is considering a switch to Manly, so Dan goes to The Nth QLD website to calmly "speak to people" about it.

It'a not the right place or time. It's antagonistic, to say the least.

Want a good night's worth of comedy? Head over to the Roosters Forum after they lose to a sh*thouse team. More fans complaining than there is attending their games.

I am ok with it too but I draw the line when a troll starts to slag off our players with inuendo as that fishy troll did in relation to snake, that has no place on this forum!

Yeah line crossed, right there. I'd expect a pretty cold shoulder logging in to their forums to have a go at posters about Gal's drug ban..

I am ok with it too but I draw the line when a troll starts to slag off our players with inuendo as that fishy troll did in relation to snake, that has no place on this forum!

Yep, and it's amazing how many of them sink to that low eventually, they just can't help it.

You were a bit of fun until that @sharky , now go back to the shire like the naughty little boy you are!!!

Could not care less about what ANY opposition fan thinks of Manly....to most of them beating Manly is up there with Christmas day or better...what does any opposition fan get out of signing up and posting on a Manly fan site , other than shyte stirring , beats me ?? A Manly fan perspective ? Perspect this ...we hate you too.

Even when they do carry on and slag us off (stir the pot, etc), it's no big deal. We should all be able to have a laugh. However, if they want to dish it out, then they should be prepared to take it in return. Some of our supporters are greatly adept at putting a troll in his/her place.

I will also mention that I am yet to see one our Silvertail posters hassle a genuine supporter of an opposition team on this site in an unfair manner. It's only ever been the trolls that have copped it, so as I mentioned, if you are going to dish out, be prepared to cop some back; it's all in good fun!

What annoys me is when they come on here and try to pass themselves off as Manly fans. So long as they declare what club they follow and don't try to ****stir I've got no problem with them.

I think any of us would mind if they came here without an agenda; to discuss RL in general. However, we only get Dog supporters when they steal our coach; Parra supporters when they are stirring us about Whatnow; and now Sharks fans about DCE.
Surely now of us went to the Titans site to kick them when they were down.
So, by all means opposition supporters, let's get your slant on things. Every club has problems, and the NRL is in disarray. But be respectful when you do it.

Hey hey easy fellas I am still about but don't partake in much footy stuff during the off season, I go fishing (drinking) in the summer months.

I do read your forum on a regular basis but haven't really had the need to come storming in and give you lot a serve.@;)

Go da doggies@:D

It's good to have a friendly banter with rival fans. As long as no one takes past a bit of fun and good old footy discussion.

Yep this has always been my viewpoint. I actually really enjoy discussing football as well as manly and enjoy the varying perspectives

I don't understand why people who support other teams would come to a forum who support another side. I can't take them seriously and have rarely, if ever, engaged them.

If they are not Manly then they have no idea.

It is a footy forum not a Manly one

Take Sharky. Nothing in his posts until he was abused and abused and then bite back (then banned?)

Not wanting to sound like an old bugger but in the old days I used to like the opposition fans coming in to discuss upcoming games etc. they always provided an alternate viewpoint which i enjoyed

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6