Operation 50,000 +

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Hey people I was thinking,
we had at least 60,000+ Manly fans left at the GF for the lap of honor
so I reckon we try to get similar numbers at the Rd 1 game vs the Dogs and totally outnumber them and make it like a Manly home game by getting huge numbers to the 1st game watching the premiers go around 50,000+ crowd would be awesome, imagine the atmosphere again
I know it is still under 6 months away

best ever home and away crowds
104583 (Double Header) Manly v Newcastle
Parramatta v St George Illawarra

62255 (DH) Sharks v St George Illawarra
Sydney Roosters v Parramatta

58593 Brisbane v St George

57212 Brisbane v Gold Coast

55934 Balmain v St George

Flip link said:
But its all about supporting your team Pete...
And its all about the atmosphere 
wink.gif

Garts link said:
Dreaming.  Going to see your team in a GF is different to watching them play in Rd 1.
True but we could get a heap just sitting in 1 section in anticipation of another great season

Canteen Worker link said:
I will be there. Not a great stadium in many ways but my team is playing and I live 15 mins away.
walking distance, too bad they didn't build a Suncorp stadium type of ground there

I'm not a big fan of Homebush either but me, Kiero and the kids go where the team is to support them.

Our away supporter base is building and I noticed this season that we were getting quite a good group of "regulars" that are travelling.

One major difference is that the level of communication between disparate groups has allowed us to get together as a group pre-game and in the ground rather than there being "lots of little groups" scattered around and people standing by themselves in various parts of the ground.

The supporters bus now has a regular "crew" that travel together and the atmosphere on board is great - a couple of beers and a chat en route is a great way to build up to the game (and of course if you chose that option as part of the membership package it makes it very reasonable price wise for locals - was about $6 return for each trip last season)

Next season, the bus option will give 7 trips (Depending on where we play the Dragons in Rnd 18 - OKI DOKI will be free but the 'gong is outside Sydney metro so won't be)

Will be an expansive time around May with 3 QLD trips in 6 weeks (Cowboys/Broncos and Gold Coast) - The Broncos and Titans trips this year were brilliant and a "must do" if you can get there (we had several hundred people meeting up pre-game for both and then sitting together at the grounds - lot of fun and of course great results - the club generally organise a function in and around both these fixtures so a good way to meet players and old boys alike.....)

Hmmmm....March seems a long way away.....
Vid

Not going to the World Club Challenge Vid? 

Yep good fun going to away games, I will be there for Round 1

The Wheel link said:
Not going to the World Club Challenge Vid? 

Yep good fun going to away games, I will be there for Round 1

Hey Wheel,

Hope all's well?

Was really keen to get to the UK for th WC challenge but it is on the day before young Sami's birthday so can't not be there for that and the cost of taking the 2 kids with me will be too prohibitive even with hitting  up friends and family in the UK for free food and accomodation.

Some of the boys are fairly keen to find out more and keen to go but we'll see....

By the way - did your mate ever recover the shoe from the tree at Homebush (You JUST had to be there......! LMAO..)

Yes all is well, especially as we are about to fly to Gold Coast tomorrow for a weeks holiday.

No the shoe is still up the tree and will be there as a premanent monument to our Grand Final day - will have to go visit the tree in Round 1 to see if it still is up there.

Trip to World Club Challenge is unlikely for me, will have to go by myself as cost of family too much - mentioned it to the wife the other day and she didnt say no but I feel she didnt think I was serious - see what happens.

The Wheel link said:
No the shoe is still up the tree and will be there as a premanent monument to our Grand Final day - will have to go visit the tree in Round 1 to see if it still is up there.

probably pick it up from the Dogs game in round 1

Vidmar don't forget to remind me coming up to the Broncos and Titans games. I will definitely fly or drive down for one if not both as well as a possible trip to townsville as well

I will be in Hicksville when we play the donkeys, so I plan to repeat the post-game Caxton Street whoop-it-up that I so thoroughly enjoyed this year.

And I have to make a trip to Brookie next year as my boys have been promised a post-game dressing shed visit. 

vidmar link said:
Will be an expansive time around May with 3 QLD trips in 6 weeks (Cowboys/Broncos and Gold Coast) - The Broncos and Titans trips this year were brilliant and a \"must do\" if you can get there (we had several hundred people meeting up pre-game for both and then sitting together at the grounds - lot of fun and of course great results - the club generally organise a function in and around both these fixtures so a good way to meet players and old boys alike.....)

Gold Coast & Broncos are within a 3 week period from memory, will probably only go to one of the two, but which one?

The Wheel link said:
Trip to World Club Challenge is unlikely for me, will have to go by myself as cost of family too much - mentioned it to the wife the other day and she didnt say no but I feel she didnt think I was serious - see what happens.

Wife says I can to the World Club Challenge "if I want to", the funny thing is the tone of voice in saying "if I want to" was such that if I did I would spend the next 6 months forever being reminded "that I wanted to and you did!"

I will take the safe option and stay at home.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/nrl-draw-2009/2008/10/01/1222651160736.html

This will give you the 2009 draw if you've not seen it already.

Mark from Brisbane (Who some of you will know) has been tasked by the club with organising the WC Challenge trip (If you want to be added to his email group to be kept updated on the package as it is planned you can contact him at [email protected])

I believe it is early days in the planning as understandably there will be a lot to be planned but from what I understand so far the plan looks a bit like this (and I quote...)

1) Game Manly v London Harlequins (warm up game)
2) Game Bradford Bulls V ????? (to see the mighty Beaver in Bradford Colours...won't that be strange???)
3) Game WCC at Eland Road, Leeds, V Leeds Rhino's

Also the chance to head over to Anfield to see the mighty reds in action.....

Hmmmmmm....I really should put that lotto ticket in next week...Will be an awesome trip

Speaking of which, I was talking to a regular "face" from the Hill at the awards night who I knew was putting any "spare" money each week on the TAB on the Eagles to win the premiership....all up he put just over $3k on them over the course of the season and drew over $35K! 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6