One Penalty to the Opposition Every 5 minutes 42 seconds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleGT

Reserve Grader
14 is a lot of penalties in the modern game. Were Manly so bad and the Panthers so disciplined? Extremely doubtful in my opinion. When contested scrums were removed from the game (basically because fans were sick of referees deciding matches based on scrum penalties), the number of penalties per game dropped significantly. Tonight was back to the bad old days. Except the referees arm only went one way.

That is all. Discuss please.

If you take out the stoppages in the game and the time we had the ball I reckon it's more 1 penalty every 3 minutes .
Absolutely disgraceful but expect nothing to come of it

Mate these blokes supposedly refereeing are on pretty good coin to do a job , how fuhcing hard is it to follow that through. Trent barrett or any other coach in the same position should be aloud to question this clowns diabolical performance. Im sure we will hear more about this but it wont help manly now.

At the same time with only 4 penalties that means we got one every 20 minutes.....

I bet Gould won't crap on about how poor the refs are when talking about tonight's game :think: But then like just about everything he says, it comes with an agenda (even if cleverly hidden) that happens to benefit the club he's with at the time, in this case Penrith.

Phi Gould:

"The referees are told to give 16 penalties a game, that’s their marker, that’ their KPI,’’ he told Peter Sterling and James Bracey after the match.

Eight-all, nine-seven, that’s their KPI, that’s what they look for. You’ve got to be really bad to concede more than that or to get less than that.

Our game is totally over refereed. Our referees are totally over coached. We have got so many officials controlling this game that are in the referees’ ear all the time that they will run around and nitpick penalties.

We don’t need a pocket referee, we’ve got to get rid of that rubbish.

Because there are two blokes looking to get their KPI, looking to keep their coach happy and keep the reviewer happy that they are looking for these nitpicking penalties and they totally miss the fact a bloke has turned sideways and played the ball.

They miss the important stuff. Don’t start me on this rubbish. I hate it, I hate it."

We certainly did not deserve 14 penalties against us..!!

The official in question needs to be stood down permanently. Clearly tonight showed that he can not officiate in a neutral manner as per what his role supposedly demands. Whether he was coached by whoever on what result was needed (a Manly loss) or whether his ego (among other things) got in the way is not the point. He knew what he was doing and it was on display for all to see.

Another glaringly obvious bias/manipulation by the official, meant that we were not awarded the very same penalties for the very same infringements against us.

There are a few still shots (on Facebook etc) of Riff players not square at marker and I mean completely not square. This impeded Marty on a few occasions in particular and his ability to go forward.

Then the no try, well, as if the 14 penalties, extra metres etc, given to the opposition was not already a complete joke, but no they also got given points.

The game was really handed to Penrith on a platter and deserves scrutiny and disciplinary action for the one who orchestrated it.

I don't have the exact figures but I presume that a handful of penalties last night were back to back ones in our own 20 when we professional foul to slow game down. Penalty to Penrith, 2-3 tackles, defence stretched, concede another penalty to prevent the try. Lots of teams do it. It skews penalty counts a bit because they aren't a proper leg up penalty as such.

One that really got me fired up last night was the one for the dummy half throwing the ball into tommy lying in the ruck. That was just a complete and utter milking of a moron with a whistle. That situation could arise 2 or 3 times in every set so you could effectively work your way up the field on penalties if you are prepared to throw the ball deliberately downwards to an opposition player laying on the ground in the vicinty of the ruck.

The bottom line is ( watch the next game and see for yourself ), almost every tackle could bring about a penalty , markers not square, hands on the ball, holding down too long.

So now you know this it's how the penalties are distributed that's at question.

I understand, under pressure teams will choose to give away penalties on their line to reset their defence, these I don't disagree with.

But it's the blatant " one sided nature " of how many, where and when these are blown that's really pissing me off.

Last night was probably the most one sided reffing performance I've seen in a decade, we simply were never destined to win.

But on a larger scale this is happening week in week out , one side getting a run of penalties that affects the outcome of the game, you only have to look at the last SOO to see that , yes NSW weren't as good as game 1 BUT a 6-0 count in the second half saw to that.

For the first time in decades I'm really starting to wonder if the angst is worth the effort.

Getting beaten by a better team, with a penalty count of 4-3 in a hard slog of a game is dissapointing , getting beaten with a penalty count of 14-4 with a one sided referee just gifting the game to the opposition in an ego driven wankfest is heart breaking.

I don't have the exact figures but I presume that a handful of penalties last night were back to back ones in our own 20 when we professional foul to slow game down. Penalty to Penrith, 2-3 tackles, defence stretched, concede another penalty to prevent the try. Lots of teams do it. It skews penalty counts a bit because they aren't a proper leg up penalty as such.

One that really got me fired up last night was the one for the dummy half throwing the ball into tommy lying in the ruck. That was just a complete and utter milking of a moron with a whistle. That situation could arise 2 or 3 times in every set so you could effectively work your way up the field on penalties if you are prepared to throw the ball deliberately downwards to an opposition player laying on the ground in the vicinty of the ruck.
And the night before Farrah (iirc) did the same thing to no avail.......

Interesting that comments in the kennel echo those made here. They also think that riff were handed the game & that there should be an investigation @:D

Interesting that comments in the kennel echo those made here. They also think that riff were handed the game & that there should be an investigation @:D
Not just the Kennel.

Whilst there's the usual " Manly haters" on social media there's was a deluge of gobsmacked people last night and continues today.

If our arch enemy Buzz was tweeting that it was a stich up of monumental proportions.

The best bit is, in the first half when we had that run of penalties against us and the wanker in fluro was threatening DCE with sin bins and telling him how naughty we are, 2 of those penalties were blatant refereeing errors. He penalised us for a 1 on 1 strip when Green didn't arrive until AFTER the ball was taken and a strip in another tackle where the guy just lost it cold.
So maybe the farkwit should get his **** in order before telling DCE to get his sorted.

They said on Fox that Barrett said it was the biggest lobsided penalty count in 2 years of Footy.

We were a bit worse in dicipline last night but more of a 7-4 penalty count, doubling that number is a rort. The piss weak explaination will be hard to listen to.

As others have said there have been a lot of non-manly supporters that were left wondering what happened.

That was an absolute joke penalty
That is when i think Penera lost control of the game
He could have penalised both teams more the way he was going but i believe he thought i cant give any more penalties cause this game is getting out of control (and getting out of control because of his actions and no other matters )

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6