'On your bike, Hasler'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
TWO-TIME premiership winning skipper Fred Jones has launched a scathing attack on Manly coach Des Hasler, labelling the nature of his defection to the Bulldogs “disgraceful.”

Read the full article

What's the difference between Fred Jones and Des Hasler? Fred is a true Manly legend.

Let's just say the final straw in Des' fallout with the board is due to them not chasing/ upping a certain players contract. He had long term plans for a few key players, but Manly would have none of it.

Those who talk don't know, those who know don't talk.....

I wonder how many Manly legends the MD had to contact before finding someone prepared to slam Des?

Fred is an all-time favourite and I respect his opinion because of that but I don't know how closely involved he is with the club these days. It sounds like he was responding to what he's been reading in the media rather than inside knowledge.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I wonder how many Manly legends the MD had to contact before finding someone prepared to slam Des?

Fred is an all-time favourite and I respect his opinion because of that but I don't know how closely involved he is with the club these days. It sounds like he was responding to what he's been reading in the media rather than inside knowledge.

Thank you! Just remember, all that glitters is not gold.

cliffylyons said:
Let's just say the final straw in Des' fallout with the board is due to them not chasing/ upping a certain players contract. He had long term plans for a few key players, but Manly would have none of it.

Those who sold out the game to Murdoch SuperLeague - crippling its future - like say the Bulldogs, are scum through and through. They lack integrity, and are a waste of space.

Being a "Manly" supporter, and not a slimy Bulldog in thin disguise, you'd agree with that "cliffylyons", wouldn't you?

Some posters here need to wipe their chin !!

cliffylyons said:

Have you read the post re Toovey and where Foz's manager has stated he is staying at Manly...great news, did someone walk in dog poo around here, smells like one, oops I mean it.

cliffylyons said:

Which players and who is your source?

Look at the 72 and 73 Grand final wins and then tell me that Fred Jones is a 'crock of ****'. Disgraceful comment. He was captain in both those historic wins. I've been known to be very hard on Orford's playing ability (Captain 08), but have never referred to a Manly player with such disdain. You can disagree with his comments, but he has the right to state them. Just as you do.

DSM5 said:
Look at the 72 and 73 Grand final wins and then tell me that Fred Jones is a 'crock of s**t'. Disgraceful comment. He was captain in both those historic wins. I've been known to be very hard on Orford's playing ability (Captain 08), but have never referred to a Manly player with such disdain. You can disagree with his comments, but he has the right to state them. Just as you do.

Manly Legend.......without doubt!!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:

His main gripe seems to be Des negotiating his contract prior to the GF. I think all evidence so far seems that is a reasonable assumption to make. He mightn't have agreed before or specifically during GF week, but to think he wasn't speaking to them til after the premiership win is fanciful.

Cmon, Fred and Des are BOTH Manly legends thats history and no one can re-write it...

(although maybe rewriting history to suit yourself is part of your trade if you work for the daily terrograph....)

Des has done amazingly well as a player and also as a great coach.

The issue is his defection to the bulldogs, the whys and wheres surrounding it, its effect on everyone's morale and most importantly its effect on the manly players and their morale for the coming year(s).

Des is lower than ribot in my books

To quote Hadley
G R U B.......... GRUB!!!!!!

Surely somewhere he is accountable and is surely breaching some part of his contract?

I wonder if I went to a competitor of my place of business if I could take all the intellectual property that I wanted and poached half the management team if I indeed would still be holding my position there. I am in no way saying that the Sea Eagles should “Sack” Des Hassler, but surely he is accountable to someone somewhere within the Manly Sea Eagles.

I think Des should still be in the head coaching position……. Of probably the Gatorade bottles for our star players and set him some very high KPI’s in doing so, For example Choc likes 4 bottles in the order of Red, Blue, Yellow and Orange but he will take the orange one first if he scores a try. Foran, well Fozzie likes the Blue one first but likes his name to be written on the bottle and Gorgeous George likes a lucky dip of Gatorade all mixed together.

Seriously has anyone within the Sea Eagles bother to ask Des what the hell is he doing?????????

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6