On field calls.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of my biggest gripes with the advent of the bunker is the ref's on field call.

There are many situations where the ref is unsighted and/or relies on a touch judge to form a "ref's call" decision, which then supposedly requires cast iron proof to overturn, or even worse still "bunker interpretation/discretion.

If a referee is unsighted or needs to rely on a touchie to make a call there should be no "on field call".

One of my biggest gripes with the advent of the bunker is the ref's on field call.

There are many situations where the ref is unsighted and/or relies on a touch judge to form a "ref's call" decision, which then supposedly requires cast iron proof to overturn, or even worse still "bunker interpretation/discretion.

If a referee is unsighted or needs to rely on a touchie to make a call there should be no "on field call".
Yep. When the ref hasn't got a clue then he should signal the bunker by scratching his head and shrugging his shoulders, or by invoking the Sgt Schultz response "I know nothin....."

I would like to see the ref return to being the final arbitrator .... when the ref sees the same 20 replays on the big screen ... and the bunker calls a clanger ... the ref being able to over-ride and say "Bull****" ...

Yep, how is it that a referee that was unsighted is forced to take a guess?
The video ref rocks and rolls it, slo-mo, different angles and they still can't be sure and give the benefit of the doubt to.....a guess.

Look at yesterday's game when the Dragons actually did cross the tryline.
How could the touchie or the ref make a decision of try/no try in normal speed yet they leant towards it being no try, the player wasn't out, where he grounded it was the issue.
There was a poofteenth in it and was there enough doubt to take it off them if it went up a try to video ref?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6