Omar Slaimankhel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
We have given this bloke a lifeline, he is on a train and trial contract for pre season 16 to 17. He plays fullback, centre, wing and 5/8. Fox sports saying he is being bought as depth. Good buy if you ask me he is a talented back who could provide great depth and he will be cheap too. We need more depth in the backs and this helps that problem.

From memory originally from Afghanistan, moved to Auckland as a refugee, and dominated the 20s as a fullback for a couple of years but never really cracked NRL with the Warriors so went to play rugby in Japan, and spent last season with the chooks

From memory was a great talent in the 20's at fullback and wing, but with a very slight build.

He was the best fullback in the 20s a few years back but from what I've heard he dropped off a bit lately. Seems like a good depth signing with some speed... I mean he has a YouTube video on him so I will take him ;)

We need pace so I think this could be a good depth signing. If he's better/faster than Hex then I'm content.

So very much revolves around what our 1.2 Million Dollar men are doing in 2017.

If one or both moves on, retires , medically retires we would have a LOT of cap to pick up a good player or two , and as we know contracts mean bugger all these days they can easily be bought out.

So very much revolves around what our 1.2 Million Dollar men are doing in 2017.

If one or both moves on, retires , medically retires we would have a LOT of cap to pick up a good player or two , and as we know contracts mean bugger all these days they can easily be bought out.

Indeed Mark. But they way we are stocking up on low level bargain basement talent I'm getting the feeling there is going to be at least one passenger collecting his pension next year, and this could be the last of the 'signings' ( if you call some of these blokes that )

Indeed Mark. But they way we are stocking up on low level bargain basement talent I'm getting the feeling there is going to be at least one passenger collecting his pension next year, and this could be the last of the 'signings' ( if you call some of these blokes that )

Possibly, as I've been saying for a while it's clear that unlike Killer who knew he was done and pulled out of the last year of his contract, one that remains feels " entitled " to his big contract and won't be going anywhere.

The other may play on, but is " injury prone".

It's such a pity that other than medical retirement involving tricky insurance that long serving players can't be retired and paid out not affecting the cap, I'm sure a few sides have these although we might be worse affected than most.

If both stay, and hardly play a part in the 2017 season then all we can expect is a repeat of 2016, bottom 4 at best, and if the others currently below us improve then it could be worse!

But I have faith, despite being pissed off at the Gang of Four ( now Kelly's gone the gang of three) they'll be doing their best to dig us out of the hole.

They have money.

Gillett was not being offered vouchers at the Steyne.

I have to take my hate off to Bozo here. Buying the best up and coming youngsters is exactly what we need. I'll Even be happy if he does the same in the back row.

Yes, I do recall seeing some articles about him ages ago, and watched a couple of U20s games in which he featured. Very talented, definitely fast. He was behind a lot of good players at the Warriors however, so never really got a start there. I recall him picking up a ball at speed in the in-goal, with one hand, and racing at full speed up the field. Made me think "hm, he's talented." Although come to think of it, that could also have been Glen Fissiahi...another Warriors potential superstar that never quite came good. Could be a pattern developing here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6