Oldfield

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I think he has a tonne of promise and im not knocking him, but i'd prefer Whare on the wing when Matai returns

Whare did nothing I noticed. No mistakes, but no attack.
I'm still worried about Oldfield. Hopefully he'll improve. He doesn't get involved much.
The Wolfman was terrific.

Oldfield went well IMO. Wolf was shocking at times coming up and in too early at poor times.

Oldfield had some good plays. Besides the mishap in goal he had a solid game.

They kicked to wolfie most of the night, oldie came in for 4 or 5 runs which is 4 or 5 more than last week

Agreed Napper, as i said, im not implying he was poor. I just think Whare is a better option

When Matai returns, Whare to replace Oldie. Too many errors in his game and doesnt get involved. Whare was slick tonight, very impressive with limited opportunities.

Once again Oldfield isn't sepcial, but he does nothing wrong. Keep giving him the start, we all know what he's capable of.

He looks like he's down on confidence. Whe he needs to do is get more touches of the ball, because he isn't getting involved he must feel like every time he does get a touch or has to make a decision he must feel like its important. He hangs out on his wing waiting and the pressure thinking about it makes him tentative and worried about making a mistake. If thats the way your thinking your not going to have a good game.

Hopefully Toovs tells him he's got the spot and to get some early touches and take some dummy half runs and feel part of the game. Give him some confidence and he'll come good.

maybe he should give Robbo a call. He was the master of patience, didn't do much to get noticed, but was always in the right spot when we needed him.

Why put crap on Oldy? Manly wont pass to him and the opposition wont run at him or kick to him.
It's not his fault he doesn't get as much exposure as Dave. He's fast and strong. A game will come to him one day, then we can judge.

Im not hating on the kid, hes got a heap of talent imo. Its not just tonight,hes not getting involved and making some crucial errors. I understand that hes not getting any ball,but whats stopping him from getting into dummy half and having a run?

To get some confidence, hes got to try and involve himself in the game.

They guy will improve each week.

I am tipping he scores a double in GF.

I am not having a dig at the kid but think there is a lesson for those people who were calling for him at the expense of robbo last year

Give the kid a break, tigers tough team to defend against. I have to say whare looks to have baulked up a little he impressed some of his runs, really warming to Munro a real worker.

lsz said:
I am not having a dig at the kid but think there is a lesson for those people who were calling for him at the expense of robbo last year

To be fair,Robbo had a poor 2010 by his standards,obviously he picked up again before he left which i was happy to see

Also Robbo lost alot of speed in his last 2 years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4