Oldfield to Roosters - this week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Should Perrett get a release the Roosters could ask Manly for the immediate services of speedster Michael Oldfield, who agreed to a two-year deal over the weekend.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sam-perrett-farewells-roosters-teammates-but-switch-to-bullodgs-is-in-limbo/story-e6frexnr-1226399203538

We have now,no Wingers left - in Tooves we Trust :angel:

I didn't even know he was going until I read that article last night.
Were there threads on here about his leaving? (oldfield) I get all my info from silvertails so I hope people aren't dropping the ball! ;):)

globaleagle said:
I didn't even know he was going until I read that article last night.
Were there threads on here about his leaving? (oldfield) I get all my info from silvertails so I hope people aren't dropping the ball! ;):)

I thought that he would be off, but to Parra to be with his mate Hoppa.

Maybe the Perret release instigated Easts to approach him.
Oldie still has a long way to go to be a first grade winger, but good luck to him.

Found out last night that Parra paid $450k for Darcy - Manly were sane enough not to match it .

Oldie is still good mates with JWH & Tasi so it's not too surprising. If the Wolf goes as anticipated, we'll be very light on for wingers next year.

I demand a 30 page thread on Oldfield now!

He's not worth 30 pages Dan.

He's quick, but doesn't offer much else. Hopefully he'll develop into a reasonable player, but I'm not going to leave much sleep over him moving on. Damn shame we couldn't have kept Whare now.

Daddycool said:
Oldie is still good mates with JWH & Tasi so it's not too surprising. If the Wolf goes as anticipated, we'll be very light on for wingers next year.

As far as I was aware Wolfman still has another year to run on his contract.

(I said ware wolf... Hahahahahahaha.)

Ronald Jock said:
We've still got Farrar to come back next season who is a great player.

Handy back up player yes, great player no. Coming back from a knee reco it will take months for him to get anywhere near his best.

If Wolfy leaves too we will be stuffed for 2013 in regards to wing depth...

Fellow forum members who like me have played a few games on the wing in our playing days better start sprint training in preparation for a call up :-(

Bye Bye Oldie

The Sydney Roosters have signed young Manly utility back Michael Oldfield to a two-year NRL deal.

He will join the Roosters from the Sea Eagles from next season.

Roosters' recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan believes 21-year old Oldfield will be a valuable asset to the club.

"2012 has been a breakthrough year for Michael. He is one of the fastest runners of the ball in the NRL. Standing at an athletic 6'2" (185cm), he is one of the best catchers in the game under the high ball and has scored 12 tries in just 22 NRL games, including a hat-trick a few weeks ago," said O'Sullivan.

"Michael has played fullback, wing and centre and gives us great depth and coverage across the backline.

"We see him taking his game to the next level as a member of the young squad developing together here at the Roosters and we look forward to welcoming him to the club in 2013."

Oldfield, who is a doing business degree at university, will be reunited with former teammates Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Lama Tasi.

So if he was to be granted an immediate release, wouldnt that mean his opposition this weekend would be...Manly?

RE: Bye Bye Oldie

TonganEagle said:
The Sydney Roosters have signed young Manly utility back Michael Oldfield to a two-year NRL deal.

He will join the Roosters from the Sea Eagles from next season.

Roosters' recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan believes 21-year old Oldfield will be a valuable asset to the club.

"2012 has been a breakthrough year for Michael. He is one of the fastest runners of the ball in the NRL. Standing at an athletic 6'2" (185cm), he is one of the best catchers in the game under the high ball and has scored 12 tries in just 22 NRL games, including a hat-trick a few weeks ago," said O'Sullivan.

"Michael has played fullback, wing and centre and gives us great depth and coverage across the backline.

"We see him taking his game to the next level as a member of the young squad developing together here at the Roosters and we look forward to welcoming him to the club in 2013."

Oldfield, who is a doing business degree at university, will be reunited with former teammates Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Lama Tasi.

One of the best catchers under a high ball? I'll give him OK, but one of the best?????

Be ****ing crazy to let him go to the Chooks for the rest of this year, what the hell is wrong with these players

Wolfie wont be going anywhere, they are releasing these guys after upping DCE & Foz.
Fact of life - Win a premeirship you pay the price in upgrades except when your CEO has 2 books and then you lose your premeirships.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6