Ok.....action needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Like many on here I'm pretty upbeat and positive most of the time. Have been keen to give Barrett the time needed, and typically I see positives in anything.

I'm over this rubbish. Action is needed now. This is just abysmal.

I rushed home driving 2 hrs to watch this, and that inner voice said ' why are you bothering?'.

Get this rubbish sorted!!!!

Yep, time for one of rugby league's fabled "Honesty Sessions". But what happens if the main takeaways are, "You're a crappy rugby league player and I honestly hate your guts"?

Yep, time for one of rugby league's fabled "Honesty Sessions". But what happens if the main takeaways are, "You're a crappy rugby league player and I honestly hate your guts"?

Then we know, and no longer have to debate, whether they are crap and hate each other. We can then all log off, and reconvene in 2019 to see the new and improved crappy players that hate each other !!!!

Some very big, actually shocking, has to happen to change the direction of where this club is headed. This direction will not slow or stop unless something major happens. Very major.

It needs to be something external to the team that bands them together - whether it be a new coach, a completely revamped team that includes Hastings, or some kind of addition like a club legend as assistant coach - whether it be Beaver, Toovey or Hasler - and wheel that salary thief Cartwright out.

Make no mistake, the NRL is waiting to snap us up in 3 years for re-badging if we don't.

NYEagle

One possible left field idea, and it's not going to magically fix everything overnight, but... make Jake captain, now.

I have gone on the record many times (including today) to say that I believe Jake lacks the emotional intelligence to be captain yet. However, this current mess may be an opportunity to throw him in the deep end and use the circumstance to make him.

Yes, it's quite a risk.

Nevertheless, I just don't believe DCE has the right leadership style for where we are and what we need. I would also like to see DCE freed up to concentrate on his game a bit more. I believe Jake has the potential to channel that fire in his belly to drag a team through hell and out the other side. This young team needs a BK-type leader at this point, and Jake is the closest I see in that current squad.

Of course, he should have support and guidance through the process, and some leeway to make mistakes on a sharp learning curve.

One possible left field idea, and it's not going to magically fix everything overnight, but... make Jake captain, now.

I have gone on the record many times (including today) to say that I believe Jake lacks the emotional intelligence to be captain yet. However, this current mess may be an opportunity to throw him in the deep end and use the circumstance to make him.

Yes, it's quite a risk.

Nevertheless, I just don't believe DCE has the right leadership style for where we are and what we need. I would also like to see DCE freed up to concentrate on his game a bit more. I believe Jake has the potential to channel that fire in his belly to drag a team through hell and out the other side. This young team needs a BK-type leader at this point, and Jake is the closest I see in that current squad.

Of course, he should have support and guidance through the process, and some leeway to make mistakes on a sharp learning curve.

On that thinking I would make Kapow captain and see if he leads from the front..

Like many on here I'm pretty upbeat and positive most of the time. Have been keen to give Barrett the time needed, and typically I see positives in anything.

I'm over this rubbish. Action is needed now. This is just abysmal.

I rushed home driving 2 hrs to watch this, and that inner voice said ' why are you bothering?'.

Get this rubbish sorted!!!!
Feel exact same as you. Generally i'm hit with plenty of optimistic ratings around here although this mediocrity can't be tolerated anymore (greatest saying of the forum). Was out of range from internet to watch the game today and when I rushed back to watch what I watched it was disheartening

My thoughts exactly. We have to make some changes before the season's gone (if it hasn't already) and one of those is to replace DCE as captain.
I'm surprised DCE didn't lose his captaincy as part of his penalty as I can't see him being effective if there's a split in the team. He also has too much on his plate to be a strong leader which the team needs.
The only player, other than Thommo, who could step up, show some leadership and put a rocket up them when required would be Jake.
The other action needed is to put their differences aside and bring Hastings back for the benefit of the team. We need to have our best and fittest 17 on the field.

I think today showed that we cant go on until there is honesty and accountability for the team's performance!! You cant hide divisions like we are seeing now and there had been a total failure of leadership from the coaching staff and captain over the last 3 weeks!!

Oh thats why they have had 114 points put on them.

I thought it was because the refs hate us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7