Offloads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Stating the obvious, but that was the difference in the second half. Obviously under Des’ instructions. It caused all sorts of shiit for the Raiders. Marty, Jake, Sirro , Waddell were desperate to keep the roll going. Problem there though, as much as it taxes the opp defensive structure, you can’t keep it going forever. But, we did keep it going up until 10-15 minutes to go. I put a lot of that down to Donny and our fitness. The raiders forwards were gassed, especially the Poms. It also didn’t hurt that we had guys like , Fainu, Api and Elliot pushing up through the middle feeding off the scraps like they were in a touch footy comp.....it’s all well and good pushing the pass, but they’re unforced errors without the rockets to pick them up. Did I mention how good Martys offloads were?lol (and yes I’ve just watched the replay, so I’m jacked!, jacked to the tits!).@:p

Yup.

This was mentioned in the game day thread (I think) and it was like ... when we hit the 60min mark...release the offloads!!!!

Of course when asked in the presser about it, Des went all no no no no no no nope.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

It's the best way to beat the wrestle. Unfortunately, it is also the best way to make mistakes and put yourself under a lot of pressure.

Des actually talked about it in the press conference saying offloads can cause issues for even the best defensive teams. A deliberate ploy by Des and well executed by the team.

We are playing smarter footy this year. We are laying a strong platform with the ball and defending like our lives depend on it. On the back of this we started to off load against a large tired pack late in the game. That is smart footy!

I think especially Fainu relishes the 2nd phase....when Turbo is back this will be an even bigger asset through the middle 3rd and on the edges.

I was very surprised and impressed by it. I thought it was the best aspect of Manlys game when Barrett was coaching (when it came off) and I am glad they executed it so well, was a great way to bounce back from Dragons where we couldn't put them away with multiple opportunities.

I think especially Fainu relishes the 2nd phase....when Turbo is back this will be an even bigger asset through the middle 3rd and on the edges.
I played a lot of touch footy in my time. Fainu would be an absolute nightmare to try and get even a finger tip on.You’d just be back peddling all game.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6