Off Season Fact's, or Fiction?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
What about the rumours / issues and stuff this past off season guys. here's a list - let me know if I've missed any (and add some). Wonder how much is manufactured, vs. what is real?:-

+ Luke Burgess in punch up overseas
+ Willie Mason drunken & abusive in New Zealand
+ Steve Matai asks for release to Titans. Steve Matai asks for release to Warriors.
+ Feleti Mateo potentially disgruntled at being here, and the club sick of him not turning up
+ Tetevano domestic violence issues and sacked
+ Kieran Foran off to the Warriors, Bulldogs, Roosters & Eels
+ DCE off to The Titans, Bulldogs, Sharks
+ Toovey to be sacked
+ Toovey apparently fighting with Joe Kelly over player negotiations
+ Joe Kelly ruthless, and sacking all the old long term Manly staff
+ Apparently, even though we have one owner, behind the scenes the place is in turmoil (read a few of those)
+ Brad Arthur / Des Hasler in the sights of Manly's Recruitment team
+ Brookvale Oval to be shut for 2 years while apparent rennovations take place
+ Brett Stewart very unhappy at Manly - linked to Bulldogs, Canberra
+ Anthony Watmough "in a better place", where his new coach is God's gift to players
+ Jamil Hopoate sacked for aggressive violence

Last edited:
Makes you think, I hope we have a marketing and media manager that is going to be all over this stuff moving forward. I'd say 80% of the stuff above is either blown out of proportion, lies or just innuendo. Add it all up, and it makes you think, IS there an agenda here against Manly, because we are a tall poppy (heavyweight?)

It's all rather depressing but please tell me it was Tetevano not Vave that was sacked? Otherwise another one to add to the list :(

It's all rather depressing but please tell me it was Tetevano not Vave that was sacked? Otherwise another one to add to the list :(

**** ! Amended - thx.....lets make it clear, it was Tetevano ! Sorry guys.

And it's actually quite funny when it's all listed together, because like I say 80% of it is ****. Love to see people cut and paste my comments and put a T or L next to it on what is the truth, or what is a lie.

Probably be able to soon add Mason and Burgess suspended for season now that they play for Manly

What about the rumours / issues and stuff this past off season guys. here's a list - let me know if I've missed any (and add some). Wonder how much is manufactured, vs. what is real?:-

+ Luke Burgess in punch up overseas
+ Willie Mason drunken & abusive in New Zealand
+ Steve Matai asks for release to Titans. Steve Matai asks for release to Warriors.
+ Feleti Mateo potentially disgruntled at being here, and the club sick of him not turning up
+ Tetevano domestic violence issues and sacked
+ Kieran Foran off to the Warriors, Bulldogs, Roosters & Eels
+ DCE off to The Titans, Bulldogs, Sharks
+ Toovey to be sacked
+ Toovey apparently fighting with Joe Kelly over player negotiations
+ Joe Kelly ruthless, and sacking all the old long term Manly staff
+ Apparently, even though we have one owner, behind the scenes the place is in turmoil (read a few of those)
+ Brad Arthur / Des Hasler in the sights of Manly's Recruitment team
+ Brookvale Oval to be shut for 2 years while apparent rennovations take place
+ Brett Stewart very unhappy at Manly - linked to Bulldogs, Canberra
+ Anthony Watmough "in a better place", where his new coach is God's gift to players
+ Jamil Hopoate sacked for aggressive violence

You forgot the one about Foran, Snake and Choc being overheard in a cafe badmouthing Manly.

And don't forget Foran announced his new deal with Parra last Wednesday :makeup:

Just today we've had Kieran house-hunting in Baulkham Hills, and DCE fine dining with Flanno at Beppis.

Can anyone seriously imagine Flanagan at Beppis? I find it difficult to imagine he would be competent to use a knife and fork.

Also Hasler targeting Foran as a lock forward, to keep his current 6 and 7 together.

Just today we've had Kieran house-hunting in Baulkham Hills, and DCE fine dining with Flanno at Beppis.

Can anyone seriously imagine Flanagan at Beppis? I find it difficult to imagine he would be competent to use a knife and fork.

Also Hasler targeting Foran as a lock forward, to keep his current 6 and 7 together.
He probably thought they meant grabbing a pie and a can of coke from a BP

I heard from my "in the know" mate's cousin's husband's mechanic that Foran and DCE are both going to be signed to lucrative long term deals with the Avalon badminton club who narrowly held off competition from the St George & Sutherland Shire Table Tennis Association.......
What crap....it was the Nelson Bay Nude Knitters association...they knit the hell out of a birthday suit

What crap....it was the Nelson Bay Nude Knitters association...they knit the hell out of a birthday suit

hot off the press

DCE, Foz, Watmough and Brad Arthur are forming a barber shop quartet because they're all such good mates. Arthur is quoted as saying that "I did such a good job coaching parra to avoid the spoon last year that I'm sure my superior coaching skills will translate into anything else I put my mind to". He went on to say that "like jarryd (hayne) I feel I have accomplished everything in this game and I'm searching for a new challenge."

End press release

hot off the press

DCE, Foz, Watmough and Brad Arthur are forming a barber shop quartet because they're all such good mates.
End press release

choc joined as soon as someone explained to him how many people were in a quartet.

Also:

DCE going to Paramatta
Foran going to the second New Zealand team
Manly player sells his 2011 premiership ring

What worries me the most is the possibility of the ball boys thinking Brad Arthur is a better option to give them more " field time ".

I'd hate to lose the Ball Boys!!

We have lost one ball boy, chocs son will be dragged past the prostitutes and unemployed street chemists to parra stadium every week to run the lines out there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2