OFF CONTRACT AT THE END OF 2015/16

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ella Kasmar

Reserve Grader
Off contract at the end of 2015
Tyson Andrews
Uiti Baker
Delroy Berryman
Cheyse Blair
Michael Chee-Kam
Clinton Gutherson
James Hasson
Justin Horo
Jordan Latham
Jack Littlejohn
Dunamis Lui
Willie Mason
Manaia Rudolph
Ligi Sao
Tony Satini
Siosaia Vave
David Williams

Off contract at the end of 2016
Jamie Buhrer
Luke Burgess
Jayden Hodges
Brenton Lawrence
Blake Leary
Jamie Lyon
Feleti Mateo
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Josh Starling
Brett Stewart
Tom Symonds
Jorge Taufua
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Brayden Wiliame

Who I think should definitely be re-signed:
Clinton Gutherson
Jamie Buhrer
Jayden Hodges
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Josh Starling
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

Possibly re-signed:
Uiti Baker
Michael Chee-Kam
Justin Horo
Dunamis Lui
Brenton Lawrence
Blake Leary
Jamie Lyon (if his body is holding up possibly 1-year extension)
Feleti Mateo
Brett Stewart (if his body is holding up possibly 1-year extension)

I know many of you will probably disagree with some of my choices, but it is seriously based on who I think MIGHT be playing well enough for a re-sign; anything can happen between now and then. But I am very strong about resigning the Trbojevic brothers and Clinton Gutherson as I truly think they are creating the pathway to our future.

So who would you guys like to see resigned?? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Also, my next article in the Manly Daily will be the Tuesday following round 9, so look out for it on Monday online.

If you want to keep up with what I am doing/writing and basically anything involving footy, you can follow me on twitter @ellakasmar and on instagram @ellakasmar47

Go Manly :) :h:

I agree with all of the players that you think we should definitely re-sign. I would possibly keep MCK and Leary but need to see how they go if they get more opportunities this season.

Sadly I think Lawrence, Lyon and Snake should move on or retire by the end of 2016.

Killer won't be there to many injuries at the moment let alone then , Stewart will be nearing the end as well so I'd let him go to superleague or what ever. Buhrer and tafua maybe resign as of the rest I'd be thinking of offloading the majority of them unless things change. The young blokes like u have said are our future and hopefully we can hang on to them. I probably could have scanned a bit better and maybe get another 1 or 2 but it's doing my head in at the moment having to sifen through this once great side . Time for change now or back to square 1.imo.

Clinton Gutherson
Jamie Buhrer
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

That's it the rest can go and or retire.
Time to rebuild with some youth to be a premiership force once more.

As much as I love Killer and Snake, I think it would be good not to resign them (slowing down and injuries), T Turbo will be ready to take the reins at FB then, and hopefully Gutherson at centre. This will also free up space in the cap to sign some other quality players

I would love to raid Penrith's stock of outside backs.

I also think we should keep Mateo around but on the condition he get in condition. Lose the pud, put on some muscle. He's never really busted a guy out there so he should be able to play till he's 40. Good versatile guy to come off the bench, can fill in across the back row and 5/8.

next year wi be killer and snakes last year. Killer will retire, snake will either leave for a year or two or retire.
resign 2015:
andrews
gutherson (definite)
lui (definite)
sao (definite)
satini (give him a go against storm, see how he goes over a couple games)

resign 2016
burgess
hodges (definite)
mateo
sene lefao
taufua
symonds
jake t (definite)
tom t (definite)

Off Contract 2015 definite keepers
Michael Chee-Kam ?? (Would like to see him have some game time in FG - but thinking yes)
Clinton Gutherson
Dunamis Lui
Ligi Sao
Off Contract 2016 definite keepers
Jamie Buhrer
Jayden Hodges
Brenton Lawrence
Feleti Mateo? (Think if injury free could still hold down at least a bench spot)
Tom Symonds
Jorge Taufua
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

Snake and Lyon will retire.

Dam, we need at least 2 halves, 2 props, a back rower and centre that are decent quality

Off Contract 2015 definite keepers
Michael Chee-Kam ?? (Would like to see him have some game time in FG - but thinking yes)
Clinton Gutherson
Dunamis Lui
Ligi Sao
Off Contract 2016 definite keepers
Jamie Buhrer
Jayden Hodges
Brenton Lawrence
Feleti Mateo? (Think if injury free could still hold down at least a bench spot)
Tom Symonds
Jorge Taufua
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic

Snake and Lyon will retire.

Dam, we need at least 2 halves, 2 props, a back rower and centre that are decent quality
Sorry mate Lawrence will have to go Imo he has a bad back and is on the wrong side of 30. Chee cam I'm afraid is not going to make it . We need to look at goers on not a fortune that are not on the sidelines. I think the future will be fine if the hierarchy are moving in the right direction , and that's a big if but things are awfully quiet atm so I'm hoping there will be some good news shortly.

I cannot believe that williame is contracted for next year as well. That was one buy we got very very wrong.
When we signed they said it was someone we had been interested in for a while so I wonder if that was a Tooves call too. Hope not.

You lot are kidding, it's bad anough you put Sh:t on our players this year and now you want to start putting Sh:t on players for next season. I guess that makes sense, some of you have put crap on every single player, coach , staff even Donny FFS, hang your head in shame. Stronger Together Forever. Go ahead attack me, all I've got to say is I Love Manly and I'm dam proud of it

Resign in 2015
Clinton Gutherson (3-4 years @ $250-300k)
Justin Horo (1-2 years @ $100-200k)
Jack Littlejohn (1-2 years @ $100k)
Dunamis Lui (1-2 years @$150-200k)
Manaia Rudolph (1-2 years @ $100k)
Ligi Sao (3 years @ 200k)
Tony Satini (1-2 years @ $80-100k)
Siosaia Vave (1-2 years @ $80-100k)
David Williams (1-2 years @ $100k)

Off contract at the end of 2016
Jamie Buhrer (3-4 years @ $300-350k)
Jayden Hodges (3-4 years @ $150k)
Blake Leary (1-2 years @ $80-100k)
Feleti Mateo (2 years @ $300-350k)
Jesse Sene-Lefao (2 years @ $200k)
Josh Starling (2 years @ $150-200k)
Jorge Taufua (1-2 years @ $100-150k)
Jake Trbojevic (4-5 years @ 300-400k)
Tom Trbojevic (4-5 years @ 300-400k)

Just my thoughts.

You lot are kidding, it's bad anough you put Sh:t on our players this year and now you want to start putting Sh:t on players for next season. I guess that makes sense, some of you have put crap on every single player, coach , staff even Donny FFS, hang your head in shame. Stronger Together Forever. Go ahead attack me, all I've got to say is I Love Manly and I'm dam proud of it
A young person who is starting a sports journalism career posted this thread, not to bag our players but to discuss team options for future success at Manly.
We all want that.

Whatever mate I think you might find that we all want what's best for our club . Every one is allowed their opinion on this.

Yeah as the others said definitely not to attack the players, just who I think will be resigned as we can't have them all and need to make room for possible new signings. I love all the boys so much and will never stop going to Manly games. Super excited to head down to Melbourne this week, maybe we could get a win! You never know anything can happen :)
Sorry if it came across the way you were thinking, definitely not to put the boys down at all

A young person who is starting a sports journalism career posted this thread, not to bag our players but to discuss team options for future success at Manly.
We all want that.
Nicci I agree, I'm not having a go at Ella, the work she does is great and the people who responded to my post is brilliant, ( showing passion , love it) I do believe most of us do want success as you said but there is a small minority who just love putting Sh:t on our team, Ella I mean no disrespect to you so please forgive me if you think I did, I think your work is great.

Don't worry mate - all us "true" supporters will be back next year waving our spoons & hoping for better.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6