NSW'S Origin campaign into turmoil

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NSW'S Origin campaign has been thrown into turmoil, with former skipper Kurt Gidley almost certainly out for the season and three other Blues stars suffering injuries in the Knights' big win over Penrith in Newcastle.

Read the full article

I actually thought with Gidley out NSW may have a chance lol.

Don't think the other losses are that bad either. Morris for Jennings. Gifty will cover Lewis.

Hardly turmoil. Sounds like Lewis Gets stingers same as Matai. It's painful but it goes. Jennings sounds ok too.

As long as no Manly players, or any of my Supercoach players are getting injured, I couldnt care less.

I foresee a problem for Manly, if we now have a mini form surge on the back of getting some stars back. What are the chances that Mr 'Second Guess' Stuart will suddenly decide the best plan is to use Manly's championship team as the base for his NSW side? Suddenly we could have 4 or 5 drafted in, at some cost to our club campaign.

2 x Stewie, T Rex, King ?, Watmough, Wolf, they might even try to get Killer again…

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Pearce
13. Lewis
12. Watmough
11. Gallen
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Weyman
Bench - Soward, Sims, Merrin, Learoyd-Lahrs

If we have Gallen in the second row, we can add a bopper on the bench. The Backrow will play close to 80 minutes. So the only debutants will be the starting props who all can be rotated. T-Rex will get a run in Games 2 & 3.
For the utility role, I was thinking Hinchliff and Greg Bird but I've gone Soward (reminds me of Craig Wing) because he has been there and can cover 6, 7 & 9. Late in the game will be invaluable with his pace and covers grubbers and bombs that Thurston will put up.

Soward covering 9 is a big call. He'd have to defend front and centre, not out on an edge. Maybe he could handle it, but maybe not.

Buhrer? Another year or so and he may well get the utilty spot. For now Hinchcliff has the big wrap, haven't watched him so no idea if he deserves it.

If you're going to go with a utility/back up hooker then unfortunately Hinchcliffe is the best we've got.

Can't see any other viable candidates unless Stuart throws a curveball out there.

Brookvale said:
1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Pearce
13. Lewis
12. Watmough
11. Gallen
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Weyman
Bench - Soward, Sims, Merrin, Learoyd-Lahrs

Yep wer'e f*#?ed.

I dont know whats worse, the forwards or the backs.

Wolfpack said:
If you're going to go with a utility/back up hooker then unfortunately Hinchcliffe is the best we've got.
. . .

I guess so. Although he may be a bit of a Fancy Dan. Apparently this song was about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZiDQ6Iw5s

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Soward covering 9 is a big call. He'd have to defend front and centre, not out on an edge. Maybe he could handle it, but maybe not.

LOL - big call is the understatement of the decade.

I have seen him tackle a couple of times this season (that is more than the last few seasons) but I don't think we will ever see the day he makes double figure tackles in a game.

Could he handle it............... errrrr NO!

Biggest laugh I have had in a long time

Wow this so called turmoil is amusing. Jennings and Lewis are concerns but they can easily be covered. Mason....are they seriously thinking about having him in origin!? Gidley....the Blue's selectors love child...boohoohoo, now they're going to lose a lot of sleep, wake up with headaches, get cranky and make rash decisions now that their love child Gidley is gone! As someone said earlier it would certainly make the BLues much stronger. Buderus is also too old to take the no.9 jersey. What does also concern me is that when we play Drugcastle and Gidley is still injured, it would make the game infinetly harder for us if he's still out.

I have a curve ball. What about Pearce at hooker and Wallace at half. Id do anything to keep Soward, Ennis and Farah away from SOO. Maybe play Gifty off the bench as the utility. Can cover back row and 5/8 at a pinch. If Wallace or Pearce got injured Gifty could come in and push Carney where to half. Id have a team something like this:

B. Stewart
B. Morris
Jennings
Lawrence / J Morris
Uate
Carney
Wallace
Weyman
Pearce
Tamou
Watmough
Gallen
Lewis

Bench: G. Stewart, T-Rex, Lehroyd-Lahs, J Mannah(been there done that only)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6