NSW Origin 2010 Prediction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
OK, here is the team I think the selectors/Bellamy will picknext season.  Can't see too many Manly players getting a run.  Gidley will be chosen somewhere is the starting 13 as he is captain, I cant see him getting a spot other than 5/8.  He should be on the bench at best.  Thoughts?

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Gidley
7. Kimmorley
8. Ryles
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Choc
12. Waterhouse
13. Gallen
14. White
15. Poore
16. Hoffman
17. Lewis

that will be pretty close, and we'll lose our 27th series in a row or whatever its up to now.

Obviously pie in the sky stuff this far out, but......

Tahu ? I hope not for our sake.

What about Snake at fullback and Hayne on Tahu's wing ?

Ryles..ditto as above for Tahu.

If Kite extracts a digit next season than he'd be a hope instead of Ryles. Bailey is another old time favourite as well, and frankly I'd prefer him to Ryles.

Agree on your assessment of Gidley. He'll play fullback and Hayne on wing, as was the case this year. It's hard to believe that he can hold out fullbacks like Hayne and Snake, but that's the selectors for you.

Has Barrett ruled himself out of rep duties ? It's sad when we have to look to guys like Barrett and Gidley to cover 5/8. Has Campese done his dash ?

Also I wouldn't discount Wallace walking back into the side at the expense of Gimmemorely.

Prefer Creagh to Hoffman as well.

Anyway a long way off yet, but it's not looking good.

To be honest who can tell
there is a core of players who will be selected (morris brothers etc) as for the rest who knows
This time last year who would have picked Weyman? Justin Poore? There is always on form team that will dominate

Gidley will be captain and will probably get fullback with Hayne on the wing. Kimmorley at half will depend on the Bulldogs but I hope he is not  picked. For me it should 17 picked for all games and not 310 players we use each year.

For me

Snake
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Morris
Mullen
Wallace
White
Ennis
Poore
Creagh
Waterhouse
Choc

Gidley
Perry
Kite
Lewis

No Gallen, Weyman, Hoffman & Kimmorley. Gallen is usless but I know Bellache will probably pick him. Weyman really disappeared in the semi's.  

If Choc gets the Captain at Manly maybe he is a chance at NSW. Not much expirience but it is a young side...

Choc will get a run after 2009. Halfback is the big question and they will look at Kimmorley, Wallace and probably Mullen. Snake will not get picked ahead of Hayne and the rest will be the same old same old who have lost the last four years.

**** off kidley from any team. He is ****e!!!!.

1. Snake
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Grothe Jnr
6. Hayne
7. Wallace
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Lewis

14. Mullen.
15. Kite (if in form).
16. Weyman
17. Gift.

My thoughts are, just because you are captain the previous year you should be there the next. **** him off and get a decent player in the team.

How many series can you lose in a row from a (potentially) winning position before enough is enough?

Was watching the 2005 game on Chooseday night football and was struck by how rubbish Qld were back then.  Berrigan in the centres, Casey McGuire playing amongst other dross.  Crl Webb was the primary prop where now he can't get a run.

Reality is the NSW side are now up against a very, very good Qld side and don't have the options in the halves to trouble them.

Chip & Chase link said:
God help us if Jarryd Hayne is 5/8.

You want hayne in the game, but you don't want him at fullback instead of Snake and on the wing he won't have much impact. He has played five-eighth before and can draw enough attention from the defence to allow space for the outside backs.

Hayne at 5/8 is ridiculous.

He's been awesome on the wing in the past for NSW, and was terrible at 5/8 for Parra.

Fullback or Wing for Hayne, the only options.

Hayne is not a 5/8's ar$ehole. He was woeful there for Parra at the beginning of the year.

He is at his best when he doesn't have to think too hard about what he is doing. Look what happened to him in the GF when Parra went to him too often. He can't come up with brilliant plays every time he touches the ball, and he ends up looking ridiculous trying. Wing or fullback for mine.

why the arsehole? one can't express there opinions anymore? I was merely suggesting my team that i thought could win 2/3 games against the maroons. To be honest i would rather an enforcer in the Pack, but Gallen makes too many mistakes and goes about it all wrong.

thinking about it now, Snake at #1, hayne on the wing and Greg Bird #6 and drop Grother Jnr.

Though the pressure will be to have Gidley in there at #1 and Snake LRO.

Zep link said:
why the arsehole? one can't express there opinions anymore? I was merely suggesting my team that i thought could win 2/3 games against the maroons.

I think  "..... is not someone's/something's arsehole" is quite a common expression, no need to take offense to that.
Hayne will probably get the 1, if Snake comes back and plays well though it may be a major blunder on the selectors behalf. (Snake 1 with Hayne on the wing is my tip- the best of both worlds)
Could the new Manly half be a bolter for the SOO, I bloody well hope so?

I agree re Kidley. He is on the bench at best. He is not even close to snake or Hayne at the back. If Snake is fit he is up there with Slater and Hayne third best. Lets be honest Hayne has only played good for 6 months. Lets see if he can do it every year.

Snake (If not in jail)
Morris
Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Bird (If not in jail)
Mullen
Weyman
Ennis
Poore
Choc
Creagh
Gallen

Bench
Kidley
Lewis
Learoyd Lahrs
Rose

nsw are a give-me this yr, put the house on it. should put most of the manly side in that are nsw welshmen.  if bellamy dont pick these guys we will be crushed by qld. i love this big side.

1.p campbell
2.s turner
3.c stanley
4.a mcdougall
5.b ferguson
6.j soward
7.b seymour
8.b ross
9.a tounge
10.k galloway
11.n plum
12.a sims