NSW & Holden Cups - Round 6 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HOLDEN CUP - Round 6 - Team List to take on the Cronulla Sharks at Brookvale Oval at 10:45 AM on Sunday (13th of April):

1. TOM TRBOJEVIC
2. CHARLIE TAYLOR
3. LATRELL SCHAUMKEL
4. LUKE GARNER
5. LUKE GOSLING
6. WILL PEARSALL
7. ZACH NICHOLLS
8. JACK DELANEY
9. MICHAEL STIGG
10. JAMES MIRCESKI
11. LEONATIS FEILOAKITU
12. LIAM KNIGHT
13. JAMES PARKER

14. CRAIG MCMURRICH
15. JORDAN LATHAM
16. RHYS ARMSTRONG
17. NICHOLAS LYNN
18. EVAN LEE

COACH: DAVID HEATH

NSW CUP - Round 6 - Team List to take on the Cronulla Sharks at Brookvale Oval at 12:45 PM on Sunday (13th of April):

1. CLINTON GUTHERSON
2. MATT IKUVALU
3. DOMENIC REARDON
4. CHEYSE BLAIR
5. JAYDEN HORO
6. JACK LITTLEJOHN
7. MANAIA RUDOLPH
8. JAKE TRBOJEVIC
9. JAYDEN HODGES
10. TYSON ANDREWS
11. LIGI SAO
12. TOM SYMONDS
13. DANIEL HARRISON

14. SANTANA PALMER
15. MASADA IOSEFA
16. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
17. EPALAHAME LAUAKI

COACH: LUKE WILLIAMSON

DRAWS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP Draw.

Click here for NSW CUP Draw.

LADDERS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP ladder.

Click here for NSW CUP ladder.

I was actually shocked to read we are dead last in both Holden Cup and NSW Cup. I know it doesn't mean much, but I thought with the team we had under Luke Williamson, we'd be at least middle of the pack.

NSW Cup Today

Any reports from the game ?? I see we got smoked again but some interesting participants.

Did Wolf play ?
How did Lauaki go ? What about the other boppers Sao, Turbo and Andrews ?
T-Red seems to be behind JSL now, how did he go ?
Big George back to Brookie in a Cronulla jersey of all things, did he get a cheer or a raspberry ?
Almost signing Mark Mexico played for Cronulla as well I believe, did we miss out on a good one there or not ?
Is Satini playing NSW Cup ?
Chee Kam coming back from injury OK ?
Jayden Hodges offering anything ?

RE: NSW Cup Today

It was a normal Williamson coached performance. Dropped balls. missed tackles total indiscipline, half time it was 4-32 and the 2nd half was just going through the motions.

Manly need some new coaching blood, Willo has not got it as a coach, we have some really good talent in the team but they have no direction what so ever.!!

This is a disgrace. On paper our team should be killing it. We do not want our up and coming players subjected to a losing mentality.

Surely we could find an up and coming coach to replace Willow? Someone wanting the experience?

I was particularly disgusted with one effort from Chee Kam when Cronulla was crossing for one of their final tries and he didn't bother putting any effort in to prevent the try. Lazy ball watching.

It was a pretty ordinary performance by our NSW Cup team. The boys seemed really flat and made a lot of mistakes. Our left wing was quite soft in defense and I noticed Cronulla score two tries (in particular) on our left side that were, just far too easy for them. It was also raining quite a lot throughout the game, which did not help matters.

As Sheridan posted...."we have some really good talent in the team but they have no direction what so ever.!!.......I totally agree with this.

Tommy Symonds, Trbojevic and Blair stood out IMO and Wolfie just looked a bit out of place and did not really do anything special....!

Mexico, had some really good straight runs, could be a good buy for the Sharkies.

I did not witness any animosity towards Georgie Rose, I would have been very surprised if anyone had jeered him. He is a Manly boy at heart...!

Overall our NSW cup team just never seemed to be in it, their defense improved slightly in the second half. They have potential, but unless they can get some structure and confidence, they are set for a tough season and may lose a lot more than they win. Just my opinion though and that could change. :s

Wolfie caught a bomb :angel: but the attack ignored the RHS, so nothing he could do. We all howled whenever he got the ball to cheer him up :)

Epalahame didnt play nor did Satini.

Littlejohn continues his skyscraper kicks, we should have scored from a few of them. They are the highest kicks ever :)

G Rose was his normal weight and bad attitude.

Mexico was great, straight and strong runner.

Tommy started to get active near the end.

Hodges and Horo were quiet in a scrappy game.

Nearly every try was scored under our forwards' feet from a meter out :mad:

But how bout the Holden Cup lads winning their match. Any reports on that one. How did Tom Terrific go?

Holden Cup Result

Sea Eagles 36

defeated

Sharks 32

NSW Cup Result

Manly Sea Eagles 10

Tries: T Symonds, T Wilson
Goals: M Rudolph

were defeated by

Cronulla Sharks 38

Tries: J Gagan 2, J Roqica, D Holdsworth, D Fifita, S Sorensen, P Manumalealii
Goals: K Mann 5

Bearfax said:
But how bout the Holden Cup lads winning their match. Any reports on that one. How did Tom Terrific go?

I was really happy for them. They blew a 20 point lead, but this week managed to come back and win 36-32. :) It was actually a good game to watch.

The continuing issue is the Team, their numbers and the Program continues to diverge. :huh: At one time, our winger had to get a new jersey, so we had two 16s, neither of whom matched our recognition of Rhys Armstrong who was listed in the program.

As MWSE, unlike most other NRL Teams sites, still haven't updated the Player Profiles (The NSW CUp is still missing completely :mad:), I can't tell you who played.

The ones that I am starting to recognize are Liam Knight #12, Tom T #1, M Stigg #9 ,Will Pearsall #6 and Evan Lee #17 - all of whom had great games again. I keep noting them and Nicholas Lynn , they remind me of the old group from 2009 ie Foz, DCE and Buhrer :angel:

With all the technology available, I don't understand why the Team list can't be displayed during a game :idea:

Speaking of which, I just remembered that at 25:25 the clock stopped and didn't restart till we notified the techos. Plus at one stage they had put up 3 tries for for the Sharks, when they had only scored 2 in the NSW Cup - again, those of us who care, pointed out the mistake and they fixed it, only for the Sharks to soon score the third try :s Psychic - Yes, observant - No :p

Thanks Jethro and HappilyManly.

I dont get to see more than an occasional game live and appreciate your commentaries on the lower grades.

I too am concerned at the lack of interest the Manly club show regarding their lower grades. No wonder we've been losing kids to other clubs lately, despite the interest players show in wanting to stay. Maybe Beaver needs to get more involved in that area and shake them up a little.

Further it seems Williamson, for all his efforts and the fine player he was, does not have the nous to be a coach at this level. Manly need to act NOW and bring in someone new, because I think its damaging the development of some outstanding talent. What about Cliff Lyons? He's only had some small chances and did a good job at Narraweena.

What is it with Manly that they dont seem to recognise they've got a problem here. Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks and Melbourne Storm, the other three clubs struggling with small junior ranks, would never allow this to happen in their club.

Bearfax said:
Thanks Jethro and HappilyManly.

I dont get to see more than an occasional game live and appreciate your commentaries on the lower grades.

I too am concerned at the lack of interest the Manly club show regarding their lower grades. No wonder we've been losing kids to other clubs lately, despite the interest players show in wanting to stay. Maybe Beaver needs to get more involved in that area and shake them up a little.

Further it seems Williamson, for all his efforts and the fine player he was, does not have the nous to be a coach at this level. Manly need to act NOW and bring in someone new, because I think its damaging the development of some outstanding talent. What about Cliff Lyons? He's only had some small chances and did a good job at Narraweena.

What is it with Manly that they dont seem to recognise they've got a problem here. Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks and Melbourne Storm, the other three clubs struggling with small junior ranks, would never allow this to happen in their club.

I don't think that it was just the Manly club that showed a lack of interest in the Sea Eagles lower grades. I think that there were a lot of us here at Silvertails that didn't seem to give them any recognition either over the last few years (most probably from the time when DCE etc. were still playing in the Under 20s comp). I think that it was only Darren who used to bring up the lower grades in thread posts over the last couple of years so I thought that this year that even though I can't get to see them play, I would start to follow how they were going too and to try to get a few others interested, I started creating the weekly "NSW & Holden Cups - Round ? Team Lists, Info & Results etc." and "Harold Matthews & SG Ball - Round ? Team Lists, Info & Results etc." threads.

I can't find profiles of the NSW Cup squad on the MWSE website.
Does that tell us how interested the club is in this competition?

The Who said:

To be fair, the MWSE website isn't alone with the lack of NSW Cup player profiles. I've just done a check of all of the NSW based NRL club official websites and only the Wests Tigers have any form of NSW Cup player profiles however, only 15 players are shown.

Jethro said:
The Who said:

To be fair, the MWSE website isn't alone with the lack of NSW Cup player profiles. I've just done a check of all of the NSW based NRL club official websites and only the Wests Tigers have any form of NSW Cup player profiles however, only 15 players are shown.

So WT are the only club that are interested in their Nsw cup team, clearly.

Shoe1 said:
Jethro said:
The Who said:

So WT are the only club that are interested in their Nsw cup team, clearly.

Maybe not the only one but they are perhaps the most improved team this year, which has been based on players coming through their lower grades.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6