NSW City and NSW Country squads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Teams named on Sunday for the NSW City v NSW Country rugby league match at Wade Park in Orange:-

NSW City: Wade McKinnon, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Chris Lawrence, David Williams, John Sutton, Peter Wallace, Keith Galloway, Robbie Farah, Luke Stuart, Trent Waterhouse, Mark Minichiello, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Craig Wing, Shane Shackleton, Adam Cuthbertson, Ryan Hoffman.

NSW Country: Luke Patten, James McManus, Matt Cooper, Jamie Lyon, Joel Monaghan, Terry Campese, Jarrod Mullen, Josh Perry, Michael Ennis, Michael Weyman, Andrew Ryan (capt), Ben Creagh, Alan Tongue. Interchange: Justin Poore, Steve Simpson, Anthony Tupou, Ben Hornby. 18th man: Beau Scott.

Well done to the boys, esp Cuthbo on his rep debut which is very much deserved.

As for us, 7 players backing up.................dear god

Hopefully it means the likes of Tony Williams, JWH etc. get a go, would like to see what they can do.

The thing we're all forgetting - Matai... he'll be playing for the kiwis won't he?  That means 8 backing up.  Both starting props plus one bench, 2 of 3 backrowers, both centres and a winger...

Here's hoping the kiwis smash some of the bronco players

Disco link said:
Well done to the boys, esp Cuthbo on his rep debut which is very much deserved.

As for us, 7 players backing up.................dear god
Nah, god help the Broncos. We'll smash 'em (wish I believed myself).

Is it some rule we always get the Broncos straight after the Test/City-Country? I know it's happened a couple of times in the past few years at least.

May 8th 2009 Country Origin v City Origin Match

Venue: Wade Park, Orange, New South Wales.
Kick-Off: 7:35pm (EST) Friday 8th May
Telecast: 9:30pm Channel 9 (delayed)

Teams:

NSW Country Origin squad:

1. Luke Patten, Canterbury
2. James McManus, Newcastle
3. Beau Scott, St. George Illawarra
4. Jamie Lyon, Manly
5. Joel Monaghan, Canberra
6. Terry Campese, Canberra
7. Jarrod Mullen, Newcastle
8. Josh Perry, Manly
9. Michael Ennis, Canterbury
10. Michael Weyman, St. George Illawarra
11. Andrew Ryan (Captain), Canterbury
12. Ben Creagh, St. George Illawarra
13. Alan Tounge, Canberra

Bench:
14. Justin Poore, St. George Illawarra
15. Anthony Topou, Cronulla
16. Chris Heighington, Wests
17. Jamie Soward, St. George Illawarra

NSW City Origin squad:

1. Wade McKinnon, New Zealand
2. Jarrod Hayne, Parramatta
3. Michael Jennings, Penrith
4. Chris Lawrence, Wests
5. David Williams, Manly
6. John Sutton, South Sydney
7. Peter Wallace, Brisbane
8. Keith Galloway, Wests
9. Robbie Farah (Captain), Wests
10. Luke Stuart, South Sydney
11. Trent Waterhouse, Penrith
12. Mark Minichello, Gold Coast
13. Luke O'Donnell, North Queensland

Bench:
14. Craig Wing, South Sydney
15. Shane Shackleton, Sydney City
16. Mark O'Meley, Sydney City
17. Ryan Hoffman, Melbourne

---

Go Country!

---

This game is being played simultaneously with the Australia v New Zealand Test Match game on the same night - what a stupid idea, the test match should have been scheduled for the Saturday night 9th May.

(Updated with some injury changes as at Monday afternoon 4th May 09)

How come we don't get the bye this weekend?  Surely the NRL must have known, as Premiers 08 and WCCs of Manly having a large number of players backing up if we were scheduled to play this weekend.  A conspiracy to nobble us once again.  Thank you you evil bastard, Gallop. 

I guess the same applies to the Broncs. But we both get the bye the weekend before SOO 1 - probably useless this year for us but no one would have guessed.

Also I actually love the City Country clash. I wish they would throw in a few players running around in the Group areas, but that idea died long ago. The game has gone downhill with the way the interchange is used, but I still like the concept.

Will be the most important match for many year

With Qld dominating the Oz side, and pretty much all NSW spots up for grabs, it is more of a trial than the years gone by

This game is being played simultaneously with the Australia v New Zealand Test Match game on the same night - what a stupid idea, the test match should have been scheduled for the Saturday night 9th May.

Hmm, what's the story with all of the rep players playing in either of the 2 big matches Friday night then backing up to play in their respective teams' normal NRL game (where possible) thereafter?

Is it just a case of if they come through unscathed and feel up to it, the coaches will consider them? Or is there some rules applicable?

The applicable rule is that if they don't have a broken leg the club will expect them to play.

If their leg is broken then they may start off the bench.  :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4