NSW Budget - Brookie Denied?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Just had a quick skim through the budget papers online.

Doesn't seem to mention anything about brookie oval :-(

Only thing for brookie is an upgrade to the bus depot

i'm keeping an eye out but can't see anything to do with sporting issues...
doesn't look good, the surplus is only 200 odd million compared to 700 last year

here's an overview of the budget (so far?):
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23803386-5017224,00.html

MSE suggests there could be seperate annoucements coming soon - I am not holding my breath that we will get to see any hard cash in the next 12 to 24 months

Ive been searching through the Infrastructure Statement Budget Paper 4.

There is nothing there. Might it be somewhere else or am I looking in the right place ?

Why would a labour govt give money to liberal electorates?  In the 11 years of federal liberal rule Betty Bishop and the other ugly religious one couldn't get a cent out of Costello, and we're not going to get any money out of state labour.  We need to pressure both councils, Manly and Waringah to put some money into what is their ground as Sydney council have done with Redfern or call ourselves an independent school and/or offer to host the Pope for an outdoor mass. 

Admin over at MSE seems to be showing a bit of confidence we have something, just the impression i got reading what he has written

It sucks. It is that simple. I am sick of huge dollars going to other grounds and we really need some basic infrastructure improvements.

To spend money on Leichhardt and Kogarah is a joke considering they get 3 and six games respectively each year. Don't give me the Liberal electorate stuff either as both are in mixed territory.

Given the rates the local Council must reap off the ridiculous real estate values on the Northern Beaches you'd think they could invest in their own asset given they stand to lose their major paying tennant?

They are to the tune of $4 million, they are probably hoping to change it into a community facility ala Redfern to appease the peasants from the Brookvale Valley group

CW both Kogarah and Leichhardt are within labour electorates.  Leichhardt in a safe one and Kogarah in a marginal. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6