NRL slashes Wests Tigers' fine, allows CEO to return in June

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL really hate Manly don’t they. When will they realise that the area of the northern beaches is almost lost to other codes and that the people of the area are unite affluent and will boost any code they support.
Can't wait to see the Sharks "penalty" from Toddles, 50c fine and $1 from their salary cap spread over 5 years.

Yep no such leniency for us despite us no breaching the cap by 1 cent!

Cap reductions over two seasons to really rub it in!

The sharks will get a “tough” sanction yet somehow not have to shed a player.

I still don’t quite understand the Tigers matter. If Farah didn’t accept the offer to be an ambassador post career at the Bunnies, then I don’t see where the harm is. Yes, the Tigers should have reported it (if obliged) but the sanction still seems completely disproportionate (I actually take the reduction in penalty as the NrL saying that they got it wrong but that they won’t admit it).

350k a year for the next two is hardly nothing?
I don’t know how to read these punishments - 350k each year or 175k per year? When we got done, they announced it as a 660k reduction in salary cap for the next two years but took a while to clarify it was 330k a year.

Now Todd has finally confirmed what we all thought, that he is not concerned with consistency, we can all just get used to headlines like these right up until he and beattie are the last ones left.

Actually, those two would be long gone if, say for example, the next tv deal isn't enough for them to continually line their pockets.

I don’t know how to read these punishments - 350k each year or 175k per year? When we got done, they announced it as a 660k reduction in salary cap for the next two years but took a while to clarify it was 330k a year.

Yeah......now I'm not sure, I read it as 350k per season so 700k.

But if it is 350k in total than that is nonsense

Yet the club cops it, instead of having a shot at Toddy for our different scenario. Where was the, other clubs have a right to be angry with the Sharks, the Tigers for potentially stopping the other clubs from signing a certain player. No but the club stays silent

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4