NRL - "Sell this instead of the Negative crap"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I realise sensational bad stuff sells papers, but the NRL off field stories are often negative and miss the Positive efforts the majority of NRL players make that seem to be missed...
This is Dessies backup coach, who he took to the press conference....the players with Kapow leading the way are giving it everything to make this passionate Seaeagles man feel part of the victory - all supporters - in fact everyone will feel the vibe in this dressing room !!

Sensational.Gotta love footy clubs. Been around them all my life and I’d be less of of a person if I hadn’t I reckon. So many positives v a few dickhead acts by the minority.

The lad leading the song will never forget a day like that
Looking at Thommo we’d be crazy to lose him to club
Give him a two year contract and a job at the club when he’s finished. He was a Manly supporter as a kid and you can’t buy the stuff he brings to an organisation.

Last edited:
Agreed, and all the public stuff, even the sponsor meet and greets, .... check out the looks of awe on these three young faces ....

Capture 1.PNG

Last edited:
Totally agree with the above. It’s beyond me how this stuff is never touched on in the media. We’d rather be miserable about Brads coaching selections and talk continually about that and the latest player poor behavior. No wonder half of society is dealing with mental health issues relating to depression, anxiety and general sadness. Thanks for sharing the pics nightstar. I have a bunch of pics of my kids with the manly players as well as there other sporting hero’s! If I can upload a pic I will do shortly and share a story.

Funny story here. This pic was taken ahead of origin 3 last year. My son was carrying on all morning about a forced school holiday excursion with mum to the museum in south bank. Pure coincidence but as always he’s decked out in his manly kit anyway but who does he run into on the way to the museum on his after brekky stroll with GI and co none other than our DCE! DCE spotted my son and came over for a chat and a pic. But how’s this my son tells DCE usually I support Tommy and the blues but tonight I’m going for a qld win cos ur playing. DCE was really friendly and had a good chat. Needless to say the museum excursion with mum couldn’t have been better!
7D13C8F3-1398-438D-9F83-A5DAE7876238.jpeg

Totally agree with the above. It’s beyond me how this stuff is never touched on in the media. We’d rather be miserable about Brads coaching selections and talk continually about that and the latest player poor behavior. No wonder half of society is dealing with mental health issues relating to depression, anxiety and general sadness. Thanks for sharing the pics nightstar. I have a bunch of pics of my kids with the manly players as well as there other sporting hero’s! If I can upload a pic I will do shortly and share a story.

No worries these pics are on the Sea Eagles web site with more players signing stuff

all good stuff above. Agree on Thommo. The enthusiasm and his character comes through. Loved how he gave it the try sign at the ref when he nearly scored on Sunday, before it went to the video officials.

My daughter was at a school sports carnival at Narrabeen a few years ago and the Manly players had finished training. Walking past to the car the 'look who's there' moment, Cherry noticed and without prompting or asking just came over and asked if my daughter would like a photo with him. Was really friendly and chatted with her.

I haven’t seen any mention of Dessie’s press conference with that young fella anywhere and it’s a shame. Let’s not make more of it than it is but let’s acknowledge some of the good things that happen in life and around footy clubs that don’t exist in other environments. I was as dirty as anyone could be when Des left but he has already done enough to wipe that slate clean. He seems like he is happy. He’s obviously still working extremely hard but man it’s good to see him in these press conferences.

I haven’t seen any mention of Dessie’s press conference with that young fella anywhere and it’s a shame. Let’s not make more of it than it is but let’s acknowledge some of the good things that happen in life and around footy clubs that don’t exist in other environments. I was as dirty as anyone could be when Des left but he has already done enough to wipe that slate clean. He seems like he is happy. He’s obviously still working extremely hard but man it’s good to see him in these press conferences.

Why wouldn't Des be happy, he coaches the best team in the world, gets paid way overs to do it, and best of all he gets to go to every game and not pay to get in or have to buy pies and beers and then merchandise, and then he gets to read this forum - what's not to like?

Plenty of positives. My kids have always enjoyed game day experiences when the boys do a lap of honour and hi five the young ones - Gold.
Unfortunately when we have gone with a few columns written on the back page every Monday Morning to today's 24/7 News Coverages through multiple media platforms, all the Positive Good Stuff above does not sell Newspapers, or attract Clicks. It seems Reporters need the Click-Bait to keep their jobs

Why wouldn't Des be happy, he coaches the best team in the world, gets paid way overs to do it, and best of all he gets to go to every game and not pay to get in or have to buy pies and beers and then merchandise, and then he gets to read this forum - what's not to like?

How many pies and beers do you reckon Des polishes off on game day?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4