NRL Recruitment Chat Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Basically a thread to talk about all signings and rumours be it Manly or any other club.

So often I see something in the rumours and signings thread that I want to comment on but I'm no allowed so here we go....

Also happy to use this thread to discuss who we should target.................basically a recruitment free for all.

Anyway.....reason I started this, the Knights rumoured to be close to signing Matt Lodge after missing out on Kotoni Staggs.

WTF???

You miss out on an exciting strike centre so you go after a prop when you have D Saifiti and Klemmer in your line up. Newcastle have lost the plot. Only way this makes sense is if they are looking to move on Klem.

This on top of signing Clifford...........terrible

In another signing news that interested me, good to see Hiku get a 2 year deal at the Cowboys.

Cant believe he is only 28, seems like he has been around forever.

Should provide an experienced steady hand for them alongside Felt whilst the youngsters like Tualagi, HTF and Lemmelu (sp?) come through

Egan Butcher, he doesn’t look like getting a chance at the Rorters due to the backrower depth they have.

Would be a handy pickup and his price would be low.

Egan Butcher, he doesn’t look like getting a chance at the Rorters due to the backrower depth they have.

Would be a handy pickup and his price would be low.
Don't know much about Egan just Nat.

He and edge or a middle?

For mine we dont need a tonne of recruitment but I'd be looking at a Capewell or Sua to replace Sirro and a cheaper younger option to relace Jetski....reckon Brodie Jones could be a goer

Edge forward, goes good. Will be a better footballer than his Brother.

I think he would be a good addition to the squad, could even get Nat if we were lucky enough, good footballers.

I can't believe Illawarra is seeking to punt Dufty who, to me, is the most dangerous player they have. If I was them I'd be trying to turn him into a halfback or 5/8. He has explosive speed.
While I can't see a need for Manly to pursue him I reckon many other clubs would love to have Dufty, including heavyweights such as Souffs and Easts.

I can't believe Illawarra is seeking to punt Dufty who, to me, is the most dangerous player they have. If I was them I'd be trying to turn him into a halfback or 5/8. He has explosive speed.
While I can't see a need for Manly to pursue him I reckon many other clubs would love to have Dufty, including heavyweights such as Souffs and Easts.
I assume there is more to Dufty than meets the eye... Mary didn’t want a bar of him either.

Rumours is it’s his attitude and effort areas in defence

In another signing news that interested me, good to see Hiku get a 2 year deal at the Cowboys.

Cant believe he is only 28, seems like he has been around forever.

Should provide an experienced steady hand for them alongside Felt whilst the youngsters like Tualagi, HTF and Lemmelu (sp?) come through
I would’ve like to see Hiku back at Manly actually, pretty handy FB cover back in the day

I personally think Dufty flatters to deceive.

Does some highlight reel stuff but doesnt have the all round game.

So often I see something in the rumours and signings thread that I want to comment on but I'm no allowed so here we go....
There is nothing stopping you from discussing any signing or rumour that is in the '2021 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD)' thread.

All that you have to do is click on the '+ Quote' link at the bottom of the post, start a new thread and then click on the ' " INSERT QUOTES...' button below the text box and insert the Quote and then you can discuss all that you like. It's that simple.

Also, if you don't want to start a new thread to discuss what you want to discuss, you can always post the quote in your 'General NRL chat' Sticky thread.

There is nothing stopping you from discussing any signing or rumour that is in the '2021 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD)' thread.

All that you have to do is click on the '+ Quote' link at the bottom of the post, start a new thread and then click on the ' " INSERT QUOTES...' button below the text box and insert the Quote and then you can discuss all that you like. It's that simple.

Also, if you don't want to start a new thread to discuss what you want to discuss, you can always post the quote in your 'General NRL chat' Sticky thread.
Starting a new thread for each little off the cuff comment seems labourious and the general nrl chat I started doesnt get much click through.

Happy to keep this going :)

Throwing this out there, but The Eels were done heavily for systematically rorting the cap in 2016. Since that time, they've acquired:

1. Michael Gordon
2. Michael Jennings
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Beau Scott
5. Kieran Foran
6. Bevan French
7. Rory O'Brien
8. Josh Hoffman
9. Suaia Matagi
10. Nathan Brown
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Siosaia Vave
13. Kirisome Auva'a
14. Will Smith
15. Mitchell Moses
16. Nathan Davis
17. Cameron King
18. Kane Evans
19. George Jennings
20. Marata Niukore
21. Reed Mahoney
22. Jaeman Salmon
23. Oregon Kaufusi
24. Ray Stone
25. Dylan Brown
26. Blake Ferguson
27. Shaun Lane
28. Maika Sivo
29. Ethan Parry
30. Waqa Blake
31. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
32. Ryan Matterson
33. Jai Field
34. Stefano Utoikamanu
35. Andrew Davey
36. Haze Dunstar

Throwing this out there, but The Eels were done heavily for systematically rorting the cap in 2016. Since that time, they've acquired:

1. Michael Gordon
2. Michael Jennings
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Beau Scott
5. Kieran Foran
6. Bevan French
7. Rory O'Brien
8. Josh Hoffman
9. Suaia Matagi
10. Nathan Brown
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Siosaia Vave
13. Kirisome Auva'a
14. Will Smith
15. Mitchell Moses
16. Nathan Davis
17. Cameron King
18. Kane Evans
19. George Jennings
20. Marata Niukore
21. Reed Mahoney
22. Jaeman Salmon
23. Oregon Kaufusi
24. Ray Stone
25. Dylan Brown
26. Blake Ferguson
27. Shaun Lane
28. Maika Sivo
29. Ethan Parry
30. Waqa Blake
32. Ryan Matterson
33. Jai Field
34. Stefano Utoikamanu
35. Andrew Davey
36. Haze Dunstar

I mean I hate the Eels too but they are allowed to sign players

1. Michael Gordon
2. Michael Jennings
3. Clinton Gutherson
4. Beau Scott
5. Kieran Foran
6. Bevan French
7. Rory O'Brien
8. Josh Hoffman
9. Suaia Matagi
10. Nathan Brown
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Siosaia Vave
13. Kirisome Auva'a
14. Will Smith
15. Mitchell Moses
16. Nathan Davis
17. Cameron King
18. Kane Evans
19. George Jennings
20. Marata Niukore
21. Reed Mahoney
22. Jaeman Salmon
23. Oregon Kaufusi
24. Ray Stone
25. Dylan Brown
26. Blake Ferguson
27. Shaun Lane
28. Maika Sivo
29. Ethan Parry
30. Waqa Blake
32. Ryan Matterson
33. Jai Field
34. Stefano Utoikamanu
35. Andrew Davey
36. Haze Dunstar
Ethan Parry a country boy from Tamworth, played his junior footy with the Eels.

Comes from a very good family, hoping he can crack it as a regular in first grade.

Don't know much about Egan just Nat.

He and edge or a middle?

For mine we dont need a tonne of recruitment but I'd be looking at a Capewell or Sua to replace Sirro and a cheaper younger option to relace Jetski....reckon Brodie Jones could be a goer
I was very keen on sua before these rule changes (crackdown). Now, not so much

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4