NRL need to pay players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SirPigman

The NRL need to take full control of player payments. 30 players x 16 clubs = 480 players. Each club deposits money to the NRL to cover player payments. Every TPA is paid to the NRL who forward to the player.

No need for NRL auditors anymore. They have all the payment figures.

If you get money that isn’t from the NRL something dodgy has gone on.

This seems too easy I must be missing something.

The NRL need to take full control of player payments. 30 players x 16 clubs = 480 players. Each club deposits money to the NRL to cover player payments. Every TPA is paid to the NRL who forward to the player.

No need for NRL auditors anymore. They have all the payment figures.

If you get money that isn’t from the NRL something dodgy has gone on.

This seems too easy I must be missing something.
Sounds too easy. Makes alot of sense though

The NRL gives the club's a grant each year as a cut of revenue. Can't remember exact figures but I think its 130% of the salary cap.

So they could just take payments out of that and give clubs the balance.

So only TPAs would need to be paid.

But this doesn't stop illegal payments outside the cap or approved TPAs.

The NRL are not the ATO and have no legal jurisdiction to audit players, or their families personal finances.

Last edited:
Imagine Greenturd's increased control in which Clubs get the talent :tmi:

I still think that the TPAs could fall under the Restriction of Trade ruling if a high profile player bothered to challenge it :nod:

Imagine Greenturd's increased control in which Clubs get the talent :tmi:

I still think that the TPAs could fall under the Restriction of Trade ruling if a high profile player bothered to challenge it :nod:
I dont agree, if a tpa is from a genuine third party then the nrlmmust approve it.

Is uncle Nick's dodgy golf days considered 3rd party. One of his top end of town lackeys drops the brown paper bag of cash at the 19th hole.
That is why I'd have NRL pay the players the salary cap part of their wage (which is not disclosed to public) and all tpas are made public.
If a player is caught receiving money from the club or those associated with it, outside of these two methods then they and their manager is banned for five years.

Cam smith and parra agents is the lost opportunity. Currently the players have nothing to fear as players and managers have no consequence to there actions

When cam signed 2 contracts by himself the NRL should have gone after him , but instead elevated to immortal in waiting status and a deck of get out of jail free cards.

The parra player managers were all lined up for consequence and the NRL just dont seemed to have had the time in the last few years to persue that either.

The lack of real action is the joke, the system Is the giggles

The NRL dont want a fix they just want to hide the bad publicity and customer backlash . Thats the system they are working on

Cam smith and parra agents is the lost opportunity. Currently the players have nothing to fear as players and managers have no consequence to there actions

When cam signed 2 contracts by himself the NRL should have gone after him , but instead elevated to immortal in waiting status and a deck of get out of jail free cards.

The parra player managers were all lined up for consequence and the NRL just dont seemed to have had the time in the last few years to persue that either.

The NRL dont want a fix they just want to hide the bad publicity and customer backlash . Thats the system they are working on
Can smith was rewarded with the Australian Captaincy.

What makes this difficult are the financial power brokers of the game that have interests in the Broncos, Melbourne and the Rorters. Sadly the fabric of the game has been lost and there is little interest in a level playing field it’s just NRL propoganda. IMO the real agenda behind the persecution of Manly was to bring the club to its knees so it had no choice but to relocate to Perth or perish. But we have come out the other end and are making smarter decisions. The NRL are puppets.

I've often wished there were some way to assess the value of a player to a 'company' for their TPA. Let's face it, only a handful of players would be worth anything in terms of company exposure.
On this basis, 95% of them would have to be dodgy.

It would only work if the NRL also had access to all players banking accounts For totally all transparency which then clubs will just wipe there hands from any descrepences saying we don't pay them you do , what's stopping any wealthy independent supporter just topping up there bank account ( which most likely happens now anyway )
I agree it's a solution but extra payments or benefits will continue as clubs try to get what ever they can to boost there roster

I've often wished there were some way to assess the value of a player to a 'company' for their TPA. Let's face it, only a handful of players would be worth anything in terms of company exposure.
On this basis, 95% of them would have to be dodgy.
Conversely the high profile players are being limited in marketing their brand as the NRL deems their image as theirs and subject to TPA rules :cool:

Until a draft or points system for players is introduced, you wont get rid of clubs paying paperbag payments to players as an inducement to join. The existing Salary Cap/TPA arrangement doesn't work, even if all payments are above board, because some clubs obviously have access to a much larger legal or illegal piggy bank of supplementary goodies. Doesn't work at achieving equity and the NRL administration obviously has put it in the too hard basket or are getting illegal TPAs themselves from wealthier clubs to turn a blind eye. Either way the NRL admin should be shunted post haste

Last edited:
Until a draft or points system for players is introduced, you wont get rid of clubs paying paperbag payments to players as an inducement to join. The existing Salary Cap/TPA arrangement doesn't work, even if all payments are above board, because some clubs obviously have access to a much larger legal or illegal piggy bank of supplementary goodies. Doesn't work at achieving equity and the NRL administration obviously has put it in the to hard basket or are getting illegal TPAs themselves from wealthier clubs to turn a blind eye. Either way the NRL admin should be shunted post haste

Plenty think the points system is flawed , and I’m guessing it’s nit perfect BUT it’s the only really fair way of spreading the talent.

I’d have a “ salary subsidy” for each club and pay the top players whatever they want BUT on a points system you can’t have many of them.

Then teams like Melbourne can have as big a TPA as they can get but who cares , they can only get say “ two” tier 1 players regardless!!

It’ll never happen because it’s to fair.

Greenturd was never going to go after the Parra agents because they'd spill the beans on all the slimey, underhanded dodgy dealings that he did at the dogs. That scumbag's first priority is covering his own arse at anyone's expense.

Interestingly, if the NRL paid the players directly the salary cap is probably less likely legally to be an unlawful restraint of trade. The NRL would be the one engaging the players, not clubs in competition who have agreed to limit the salary of players. It makes a lot of sense.

Greenturd was never going to go after the Parra agents because they'd spill the beans on all the slimey, underhanded dodgy dealings that he did at the dogs. That scumbag's first priority is covering his own arse at anyone's expense.
Additionally his own Manager was right in the middle of it then mysteriously retired from managing players

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6