NRL Merchandise: A Shameful Confession

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Quirkster

The People's Champion
The NRL flogs their merchandise everywhere. You can buy so much team-themed stuff. All of it seems unnecessary and superfluous.

Okay, okay, I indulged. Only a bit.

Alright, I'll confess.

I bought the Nate Myles teddy bear sort of thing.

I bought the Nate Myles inflatable doll (stupid thing required you to pierce a layer of plastic to try to inflate it. Try to process that. You need to pierce an inflatable thing without piercing the rest of it. I failed. Actually, NO! They failed! Idiots). I wanted to inflate it to punch the hell out of it.

I bought all the Micro Figures with my niece. That was actually really, really fun. We kept getting Foran, so, as a threat to the rest of the packets to contain a different player, we started taking them apart, or burying them, or throwing them next door.

We got the Micro Figure Goal Kicking game. I always lose. She's better than me at everything.

I got the Manly bag, stickers, even the key ring, which I have added to my keys, next to the 5 other Manly ones I have.

Wow. Admitting all of that has lifted a heavy and shameful rod off my back.

Oh, and for reasons beyond my comprehension, I keep finding the Jorge Taufua Micro Figure in my bed. I have to ask Georgey, my son (Golden Labrador), if he's bringing the bloke in. It's creepy.

The NRL flogs their merchandise everywhere. You can buy so much team-themed stuff. All of it seems unnecessary and superfluous.

Alright, I'll confess.

I bought the Nate Myles inflatable doll (stupid thing required you to pierce a layer of plastic to try to inflate it. Try to process that. You need to pierce an inflatable thing without piercing the rest of it. I failed. Actually, NO! They failed! Idiots). I wanted to inflate it to punch the hell out of it.

I bought all the Micro Figures with my niece. That was actually really, really fun. We kept getting Foran, so, as a threat to the rest of the packets to contain a different player, we started taking them apart, or burying them, or throwing them next door.

We got the Micro Figure Goal Kicking game. I always lose. She's better than me at everything.

I got the Manly bag, stickers, even the key ring, which I have added to my keys, next to the 5 other Manly ones I have.

Oh, and for reasons beyond my comprehension, I keep finding the Jorge Taufua Micro Figure in my bed. I have to ask Georgey, my son (Golden Labrador), if he's bringing the bloke in. It's creepy.

Last year, most of the Micro Figures came with a ball (I think we got one or two with headgear or something instead), this year they didn't. No problem: my 4 year old nephew just removed one figure's head so the others could use it as a ball.

And the figure that lost its head? Foran. @:D

Last year they had a game for the figures to play. They had the footies, the tackling pads, the benches, the first aid kit, and more.

This year all of the heads look nearly the same as each other. Bloody Kevin Proctor's hair makes it hard to put him in his spot. His head is always falling out.

The oddest thing was the Ultra Rare "Dally M Players," (it may have been Clive Churchill Medallists, I can't recall at the moment) who were covered in gold. Glenn Stewart was there! What the hell, man? The guy's in France.

Alright, I'll confess.

Love the dog! We have a chocolate and golden lab at home. Amazing how they cotton on to other Labradors (and Golden Retreivers) when they go to the dog park etc.

Last year they had a game for the figures to play. They had the footies, the tackling pads, the benches, the first aid kit, and more.

This year all of the heads look nearly the same as each other. Bloody Kevin Proctor's hair makes it hard to put him in his spot. His head is always falling out.

The oddest thing was the Ultra Rare "Dally M Players," (it may have been Clive Churchill Medallists, I can't recall at the moment) who were covered in gold. Glenn Stewart was there! What the hell, man? The guy's in France.

We got a gold DCE - the 2 year old got that one, and for the next 20 minutes kept showing it to everyone, saying 'GOLD' over and over and cackling like a maniac. Bit creepy actually, sounded like some movie villain!

Love the dog! We have a chocolate and golden lab at home. Amazing how they cotton on to other Labradors (and Golden Retreivers) when they go to the dog park etc.
Love the Golden Retrievers....the neighbour got one six months ago. He's a coock, but I love the dog, so I throw it food and he gets out and comes over for hours.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6