NRL APP available 1 March

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have Fox so will ONLY go for this if the Friday or Sunday Chan 9 games can be streamed in live.

I am TOTALLY over seeing the Donleys every Friday night!!

So much so is that my wife and I go out Friday, Movie, Dinner whatever to escape the same old same old stuff....she thinks it's great!!

So yes I'd buy it IF it could stream in all Fox games and Chan 9 games live

Almost be tempted them to ditch Foxtel and use my I-Pad with Apple TV to put it on a bigger screen

Will be interesting to see how well the games stream from wi fi. If it goes half as well as Foxtel go it'll be a winner.

Yep, Friday night Broncos will be a thing of the past if it comes off.

Is the nrl app going to stream games aswell as the fox one? Anyone got any idea what kind of cost we might be looking at?

I hope my Internet connection is good enough for it to work well.

It's an exciting development regardless.

not everyone will have the bandwidth available on their data plan to cover it if you are watching many games a week. so fox still holds some value for the time being + HD etc.
bandwidth however will be unmetered for telstra customers. (not telstra re-sellers like Kogan / Boost) I'd assume this would be the same if you are using wifi at home with bigpond.

reports are the app will cater for phones only for the first part of the season (so im guessing really basic quality stream), and they'll have a tablet version available by origin time (which would up the quality). you'll be able to buy a weekend pass, monthly pass or a season pass. So pretty handy if you are on the go. next year it is said they plan a PC version, that's the one that could be the fox killer for many people.

honestly, id imagine 9 will have some kind of say and unlike the AFL with every game live, i bet this turns out differently for the 9 broadcasted games and they still screw us around somehow.

Not having pay, I'm pretty keen on this. Anyone seen any more info? Nrl.com just keeps saying the 2013 app is coming soon. Would have thought the app would be available as it's only 3 days to season kick off.

mosto said:
Not having pay, I'm pretty keen on this. Anyone seen any more info? Nrl.com just keeps saying the 2013 app is coming soon. Would have thought the app would be available as it's only 3 days to season kick off.

Typical rugby league incompetence. I can't find it! Plus the international rights coverage on nrl.com still has 2012 info. Administratively, rugby league is a joke.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
cava2323 said:
mosto said:

Typical rugby league incompetence. I can't find it! Plus the international rights coverage on nrl.com still has 2012 info. Administratively, rugby league is a joke.

Yep. The AFL had their app available a month ago and the NRL starts it's season without one.

How many tens of thousand of dollars are they tearing up by not being ready?

The NRl start their season with nothing every year...We have only just had the campaign for the season last week....Bit of a joke really...The only add Ive seen on Tv was that of becoming a member of the Melbourne Storm....

I really did think the new commission would be a good positive move, but im starting to wonder...

My I-Phone just updated my NRL App to become NRL Live.

Games are $5.49 for the complete round / $14.99 for a month / $89.99 for the season.

Covers Test Matches and Finals BUT not SOO.

As to IF you get it live or not don't know...may well buy a 1 round pass to test it.

I guess you then have to have the bandwidth and the download limit to run it, no problem for him at home BUT I imagine it would kill my Telstra download limit pretty quickly (which I rarely use anyway as home and work connect to WiFi)

If the games that are NOT shown live are live this way I'd be dead set keen, if it's just a simulcast with Chan 9 they can stick this where it fits!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6