NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes you did, you said it's probably not worth the risk! That's all I was commenting on
You have a serious reading/comprehension problem buddy.

Me: .nowhere did I say anything about the risk level.

You: yes you did.

You don't understand the word "level"?

Put your gun away buddy, you don't have any bullets.

Find someone else to hassle, it won't take you long, you're an expert at it.

‘Not worth the risk’ means the risk is too high. That is a comment on the level of risk. At least that’s what I thought, however it’s not important, sorry I upset you

‘Not worth the risk’ means the risk is too high. That is a comment on the level of risk. At least that’s what I thought, however it’s not important, sorry I upset you

The "risk" I was referring to is the risk the players would not adhere to the guidelines mate, not the risk of infection.

Me: Is it worth the risk? Probably not, considering the attitude of the seemingly arrogant RL stars.

Let's get back to the footy.

NRL clubs will be forced to take drastic measures ahead of the game’s proposed relaunch, with staff to be cut by half and a “COVID cop” to monitor their compliance with Project Apollo’s rules.

Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
April 30, 2020 8:12am
Close
NRL clubs will spend the next 24 hours making the gut-wrenching decisions to tell half of their football staff not to return when training starts again next week.

Clubs were told on Wednesday they will be capped at just 18 staff members at training with the rest of their 50 pre-approved list to be made up of players. That is about 50 per cent less than what some clubs generally operate at meaning chief executives and head coaches will now make some tough calls after Project Apollo confirmed the restrictions.

The number of officials allowed to attend matches is also slashed with just 20 players and 12 staff members permitted. Clubs could generally have up to 50 staff at any home match with some club bosses also considering watching matches on TV.

THE NEW NRL

– Clubs allowed to report in on Monday for educational purposes only.

– Training resumes Tuesday.

– Pre-approved list of 50 people only for training which includes 32 players and 18 staff, dropping staff levels by half. Lists of 50 for training.

– Only 20 players and 12 staff members per club allowed on game day.

– Clubs will be monitored by a “COVID cop” attached to each team.

The changes are part of the NRL’s strict biosecurity measures which will be in place come Monday. The NRL has also beefed up its policing of the guidelines by appointing a “COVID cop” at each club to ensure clubs and players are compliant.

The NRL had planned to use three independent people spread across each club, but will instead delegate one independent person per club. If clubs don’t comply they could be stripped of competition points or heavily fined. Any punishments will be handed down by the NRL’s integrity unit.

The presence of the “COVID cop” will ensure teams are not tempted to resume training a day early after the NRL delayed the start by one day.

Peter V'landys knows clubs and players need a hard line. Photo: AAP Image/Joel Carrett
Peter V'landys knows clubs and players need a hard line. Photo: AAP Image/Joel Carrett
Teams will front-up for an educational seminar at club bases on Monday but will not be permitted to train until the following day. Each person on the list of 50 must complete an online training module before they are allowed inside the venue.

The “COVID cop” will read the Riot Act to players on Monday and give them clear instructions about what they can and cannot do.

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys said players will know exactly what is required of them.

“Once they have that, there is no excuse,” V’landys said. “Zero. They have to appreciate that they’re not just risking their own career, they are risking the careers of all in the game. If there is a slip-up it brings the whole game, not just them.”

Players will be asked to fill in daily health-checks and that information will be channelled back to an NRL controlled central system. An application is still being worked out.

MORE NEWS

Cornered CA boss fronts 200 angry staff

Castle’s phone call to ‘gutted’ Wallabies coach

Wayne Pearce has been laying down the law the clubs. Photo: Bill Hearne
Wayne Pearce has been laying down the law the clubs. Photo: Bill Hearne
Project Apollo head Wayne Pearce and other NRL officials including chief operating officer Nick Weeks were on the phone call to club bosses who were warned in no uncertain terms that any misbehaviour will not be tolerated.

They were read NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian’s comments from Wednesday morning that were scathing of the game’s players after Nathan Cleary, Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr and flouted social distancing rules. Berejiklian said “disappointing doesn’t begin to cut it” when asked to describe the players actions.

The NRL is still working through discussions regarding the value of the remaining 18 matches with their broadcast partners. Once that is settled, a draw will be announced.

Clubs were told on Wednesday they will be capped at just 18 staff members at training with the rest of their 50 pre-approved list to be made up of players. That is about 50 per cent less than what some clubs generally operate
This could actually advantage a club like Manly that already operates with a much smaller support staff!

Wade Graham: "“There are protocols like what shoes you have been playing with have to stay in the car, and you put new shoes on when you are in the stadium.”
So, wear new shoes in the stadium, then go to the car to get your playing shoes, then wear them while playing in the stadium. I don't even know if that makes sense but so long as the players know what to do, should be sweet!

The biggest issue I see is what is going to happen to OUR tipping comp????

@Dan
@SeaEagleRock8
@Chip and Chase
@ global..... wait, that doofus knows nothing.
Tipping comp was called off after first round and the leader at the time was declared the winner... can't remember who that was at the moment. Probably a very good tipper though, and most likely extremely handsome just to rub salt into the wound.

Okay ... anybody still believe the restart won't happen ..

We have seen over the past 4 wees Infection rates dropping from 400 a day to 200, then 100 then 40 and the past 2 days have been 21 and 7 ....if the trend continues with over 5 weeks to go ... then the voices to resart the economy will grow to a crescendo ...

And as for the soon to be voted out numbnut of a QLD Premier ... imagine telling the 2 heads they can't have their footy ... talk about election suicide ... she won't win a vote for school lollypop lady ... even she now says she is keen to talk to the NRL ... welcome to Jesus and here is your psalm book ...

Giddy up ... and doom to the nay sayers ...

You and I have always been ones to keep calm and think with our heads. Apparently there has been no community transmission of the virus for a week now in NSW

Things are looking good and I’ll be enjoying a few beers at a pub tonight

You and I have always been ones to keep calm and think with our heads. Apparently there has been no community transmission of the virus for a week now in NSW

Things are looking good and I’ll be enjoying a few beers at a pub tonight

Yeah, well done Pittwater ... I think we will see small outbreaks here and there for a while .... but with the increase in ICU capability and rapid response teams ... the need for the economy to reboot will outweigh the need to continue many of the restrictions ....

Still need to manage the situation until an effective vaccination/cure is developed ... but with only 5 people in a serious condition in all Australia we can afford to loosen the reins a bit ...

Enjoy your beer(s) ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8