Nothing wrong with the pitch!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
After attending todays game and seeing the state of the Brookvale oval pitch, well the fuss made by the NRL and the telecrap showed what a nonsense it all is.

There was nothing wrong with and no reason why our Holden cup team should not have played there as well.

Our fans and members have been short changed by Greenturd and the NRL!

Games have been played at Brooky for nearly 70 years. It is a good ground for footy.

Note to Joe Kelly: Please do not ever again make our fans wait over 7 weeks between home games, that is idiotic!!

Remember when they returfed suncorp? That was a truly atrocious pitch

Suncorp still is average, don't think they have ever got the turf right there. CBUS on the Gold Coast always looks well grassed and immaculate, don't know why they can't get it right at Lang Park.

Brooky's fine but you can't play six games in two days on it and have it go any good.

Did anyone see the pitch at p/matta all the sand shooting up everywhere?

I wonder if the NRL wants to look at it now?

Well our clock stopped with 4:06 to go and could not be reactivated :confused:

Wolfie was yelling at the linesman and pointing to it - amazed that he noticed - but it was nerve racking in the stands :eek:

Brookie was indeed looking good yesterday but it did cut up a few times during the match. This could be due to the soil still being damp from all the rain we have had over the past 2 weeks. I think it was a sensible decision to play U20s & NSW Cup elsewhere.

Commentators all mentioned it yesterday in the coverage, said it was looking a picture.

Well our clock stopped with 4:06 to go and could not be reactivated :confused:

Wolfie was yelling at the linesman and pointing to it - amazed that he noticed - but it was nerve racking in the stands :eek:

We were up by 20, how nerve racking could it be?! The defence has been a bit leaky this year but 4 tries in 4 mins!

Well we were all nervous, not about the win, but about the potential injuries.@:(

Haven't heard anymore of Hiku's shins, so hopefully it was just a knock that he has shaken off @:)

Last edited:
Yet, the old girl looked beautiful yesterday. For the first time in my 55 years of watching Manly play at Brookie, from the hill, I managed to icrack an invition to one of the sponsor's box. It was a completely different experience. Good view, nice food and drinks. Comfortable seats. But this was one of the older boxes with fixed glass, so you couldn't hear or feel the crowd. I spent most of the match outside, yelling and soaking up the atmosphere, ducking back into the box for another feed or refreshment.
There is nothing quite like sitting on the Hill. Let it last forever.

I'm sure they will be working furiously to fix the clock before next Monday night.
These sorts of issues remind you of how handy that $10 million of federal funding would be, if put to use now and not on the assumption that the Penn family's 'Pie in the Sky Stadium' proposal will ever eventuate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4