Non-Manly Games [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Round Eighteen
Friday, Jul 10 STADIUM (NETWORK) EST LOCAL HASH TAG
Raiders vs. Knights GIO Stadium (NINE) 7.45pm 7.45pm #NRLRaidersKnights

Saturday, Jul 11 STADIUM (NETWORK) EST LOCAL HASH TAG
Panthers vs. Roosters Pepper Stadium (FOX) 5.30pm 5.30pm #NRLPanthersRoosters
Bulldogs vs. Broncos ANZ Stadium (FOX) 7.30pm 7.30pm #NRLBulldogsBroncos

Sunday, Jul 12 STADIUM (NETWORK) EST LOCAL HASH TAG
Warriors vs. Storm Mt Smart Stadium (FOX) 2.00pm 4.00pm #NRLWarriorsStorm
Sharks vs. Dragons Remondis Stadium (NINE) 4.00pm 4.00pm #NRLSharksDragons

Monday, Jul 13 STADIUM (NETWORK) EST LOCAL HASH TAG
Titans vs. Sea Eagles Cbus Super Stadium (FOX) 7.00pm 7.00pm #NRLTitansManly

Byes: Cowboys, Eels, Rabbitohs, Tigers

SOO # 3 Wednesday Jul 8

Last edited:
The NRL said today it has considered Parramatta's response to a salary cap breach notice issued last month and will proceed with a fine of $465,000.

The figure was reduced by $60,000 after the club clarified aspects of its NRL second tier player payments.

Other aspects of the initial breach penalty, including the possible deduction of competition points in the 2016 season, remain unchanged. The NRL will now work with the club on an independent review of its governance and organisational capability.

The NRL also advised today that it had reduced the penalty imposed on the Roosters for salary cap breaches last year from $41,292 to $25,000 after the club clarified the nature of education allowances made to the club's NYC Top 20.

I reckon we should go down tonight and plead with him he should live on the beaches and maybe get a release 1 year early.

He's just all heart and effort Austin. I wish he played origin, he's just sensational. Players like Austin just become club favourites so quickly. He has a bit of talent (not huge but he has some) and just tries his ring out!

Good result for Manly. Newcastle's p/d blows out further. However Canberra were denied the opportunity to boost theirs by a huge margin.

From little things, big things grow...

He's just all heart and effort Austin. I wish he played origin, he's just sensational. Players like Austin just become club favourites so quickly. He has a bit of talent (not huge but he has some) and just tries his ring out!
Reminds me of some kid called Forme or Foran or something that used to play for us...

Can someone tell me why Manly didn't make a play for Blake Austin?

He was only ever used as a utility player. Apparently he's always said that the only position he wants to play is 5/8. Tigers never showed the nrl world what he can do and obviously didn't know what he can do so he went to the only club that said here you go here's the 5/8 position make it your own. We were looking to wrap up foran and cherry contracts as well so I doubt we would have made a play for him anyway even if we knew what he can do.

Overall canberra took a punt on an unestablished player and its turned into the best buy for 2015. He looks happy at canberra too so good on him.

Next year though if we move lyon to 5/8 for a stop gap for a year I want manly to move heaven and earth to get austin at the club in 2017. Provided his form continues ofcourse but he has a hell of a lot of ticker. Reminds me of a certain someone

Because Zorba was convinced that Foran was the next Manly captain. Ignored all evidence to the contrary, so no requirement for another 5/8 @:cool:

The problem with the Foran situation is that everyone, from the club to nearly all of us fans, thought he would be at Manly for his entire career. Though all the evidence pointed to the contrary no one ever seriously thought he would leave and when we were looking at buying players, 5/8 wasn't a high priority. For me the biggest sign was the continual 'get out' clauses he keeps having put into his contracts. He had one here if Des left (which he very nearly acted upon) and he has one at the Speels if Arthur is sacked, not to mention the original get out clauses the Speels included for him. That is a pretty obvious sign that if he doesn't get what he wants then he'll go play for another club who is prepared to give him that. Then there was all the crap last year after Gifty was not offered a contract for this season. He acted like a prized sook because one of his best mates was being let go.

All of that was ignored though and this year (and possibly next) it has come back to bite us hard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4