Non manly fans love affair with monas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I posted this on Rleague they are all blowing their wads over mick and saying we will drop as low as 11th without him in 08

------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all let me say im a big fan of mick, hes not the most talented player going around but he has a heart as big as phar lap.

But he was a manufactured hooker and why?

A) he didnt have the short attacking kicking game orford, thurston and co have.
B) he doesnt have the passing game the better half backs have.

Look at his best work at hooker its running out of dummy half he carved the cowboys doing that. Then watch his passing and service out of dummy half then watch manlys game against Wests at Liechardt and the dogs at telstra and look at how sharp matt ballin is out of dummy half with his passing and service the first reciever gets from ballin.

TBH i wish he was staying with manly but he wants to play halfback and has will make $$$$ to do it at warrington and no one deserves that more than him, he came to manly in 2004 when not many players would.

But we will not cave in without him Orford is our main man in attack you watch the second half of the season again he was in great form. The way he dominated Thurston in the grand final qualifier was awesome. He doesnt get the wraps he deserves because it seems cool to bag the ox.

Monas spirit and commitment will be missed but we have a great replacement. Better than most people think.

I agree with Cliffy. He has done well but Ballin is a gun and this time next year we will be feeling the same way we did about the retirement of BK.

I was introduced to Matt Ballin the other day and he seemed pretty pumped about having a big year in '08.

I agree with CW, Ballin is set to do great things next year.

We will gain in some areas, and lose in others with the swap between the 2. Just have to wait and see how it turns out

from memory ballin kicked a 40 20 in one game. so he has the ability.

I also rememer one game where we were trapped on our line we coulnt get more than a meter, he came into dummy half and his quick service got us out fo danger.

I think we will play more of a ball than running game next season

Stats for Balin and Mona's
sb64wo.jpg

Ballin is superior in every statistical category there.

Makes you wonder if we might have won the premiership had we not insisted on playing the more expensice hooker, rather than the better quality one.

In my defence I have given miss (missed tackles as errors) and noted for the amount of playing time that it was higher than Monas. I concede the error to the superior eye of the great Matabele. :lol:

erm, Ballin misses fewer tackles (2.1 vs 3.8) per game too. :doh:

I hope you haven't failed anyone in comprehension today! ;)

i count 9 - 4 in the stats.

tacking it as averages and not doubling up eg points
Monas
tries
lb
lba
offloads
tkbrk
runs
kicks
40/20
penalties

Ballin
metres
tackles
missedT
ineffective

This has been going on all year you boring sods....does anyone take in account the time on the field? therefore Monas would make more missed tackles on average and so on....

Good to see we still have experts here. Who predicted GF appearance at the start of the year....yet a few think they still know better. Fair to say if anyone here was coach...there would have been no GF appearance in 2007.

Still...I enjoy the comedy.....

After four years of mediocrity I still cannot, for the life of me, understand how such an ordinary player can inspire such blind and slavish devotion.

one game against the side that ranked 16th against the dummy half run in 2007. :roll: ooooooohhhhhhhhhh be still my beating heart!

In case you hadn't noticed Fluffy, your poster boy is goooooooooooonnnnnneeeeeeee.

Still haven't reached 10,000 I see. Another monaghan like performance.

At the end of the season the Sun Herald, along with NRL Stats, compiled a statistical team of the year.

It found that statistically Monaghan had a better year than any other hooker in the comp (Farah, Smith, Buderus). Guess they must have skipped over Ballin's figures eh?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4