No Supporter Buses from the Club WTF??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
Hi all,

I just spoke with the leagues club and was informed there will be no supporter buses leaving from the Leagues Club on grand final day as was the case in '07 and '08. In '08 if you paid $25 and were on one of these buses you were guaranteed entry to the club which was awesome as it was going off like a frog in a sock!

The only buses ferrying passengers to the game will be supplied by the RTA and they will be free.... this is a farking joke! The buzz in anticipation going to the game and the celebratory atmosphere going back to the club was unforgettable in '08.

GO THE EAGLES!

I think that want you to go to the live site at brooky oval after the game. The players are going there as well. Before they head to the club!
(thats my mail! :))

Club will not be available post game, and I don't need mail. Brookvale Live is your ONLY cance to see the players and enjoy yourself post game....full stop!!

The running of the club by some is hard to believe. No supporter buses from the Leagues club!! Rumour has it no back to the club either? Is it oval, club or both? This does not include Larissa!!

sorry mark, just read your post!! Mark, can you go down and take over?? You always seem to know what's happening (with Larissa) Maybe management can get out of team photo's (Penn is good though)

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Mark from Brisbane said:
Club will not be available post game, and I don't need mail. Brookvale Live is your ONLY cance to see the players and enjoy yourself post game....full stop!!

Is this correct? I was hoping to party the victory back at the leagues club after the game!!

So I need to go to brookie oval now?

The Leagues Club will be a shut shop (although not shut as such just closed off to a Sponsors function)...because of the drama's in 2008 (and wisely so as well) Brookvale Live will be operating....far bigger, far more people able to get in and what better place to celebrate a GF victory than Brookvale Oval.

I'll be there you going???

And if you don't know of the drama's in 2008

Try getting 10,000 people into the Leagues Club post game, AND upstairs was still available then...it's now less than half that size.

This is not a SHUT OUT, this is just a far far better way of managing big numbers...BUT you need to pre buy your ticket at www.mwse.com.au

Leagues being a shut shop, that's the first I've heard of that. :mad: :mad:

Hopefully the oval will be open lateish .... Mark/Larissa any ideas when the Live Site will stay open til ?

Mark correctly explained that we will be putting the Live Site on in response to the way the 2008 post match celebrations were handled.

Will the dramatic decrease in capacity at the Leagues Club we just wouldn't be able to fit enough people back there. Having that many fans in the street outside the club is also a huge OHS issue.

As an FYI, the total capacity at the leagues club at any one time on Sunday will be 1500 people. I expect them to reach this by midday.

In regards to buses, there will be direct services from ANZ to the northern beaches. For this reason we felt running a paid service would not be worthwhile. Visit www.131500.com.au to plan your trip.

Thanks for the help Mark! :)

Go Manly!

Brookie4eva said:

Hopefully the oval will be open lateish .... Mark/Larissa any ideas when the Live Site will stay open til ?

Depends when the players get back there. I expect between 11pm and midnight.

I understand about numbers etc etc for the club entry but the buzz and hype back at at the club in '08 cannot be replicated on an outdoor oval. Also, I still think it's disgraceful the club isn't organising buses from the Club and then allowing us entry to the field afterwards after forking out good $$$ to support the team at the game.

mate, we are a million in debt!! If we get a couple of thousand paying 20 bucks this will help our club enormously!! There are pre-plans to buy cheaper!!

I agree, don't get what the big deal is about it being at brookie. Anything that gives more people the chance to celebrate the great win. And it's symbolic of our great season. Silver, if you want to stay home and remember the leagues club in 08 feel free.

Larissa said:
Mark correctly explained that we will be putting the Live Site on in response to the way the 2008 post match celebrations were handled.

Will the dramatic decrease in capacity at the Leagues Club we just wouldn't be able to fit enough people back there. Having that many fans in the street outside the club is also a huge OHS issue.

As an FYI, the total capacity at the leagues club at any one time on Sunday will be 1500 people. I expect them to reach this by midday.

In regards to buses, there will be direct services from ANZ to the northern beaches. For this reason we felt running a paid service would not be worthwhile. Visit www.131500.com.au to plan your trip.

Go Manly!

With people like you involved no wonder the club is broke. The only club in the history of the game to say to it's fans we are shut for business and you think that's ok? Give yourself a triple and find another career

Larissa said:

Go Manly!

You are kidding the club 1 million at least in debt and we have clowns like you involved in shutting up shop on grand final day. It is little wonder the club is broke with incompetent people like yourself involved. No ground no club lmfao

Larissa said:

Go Manly!

Brookie4eva said:

Depends when the players get back there. I expect between 11pm and midnight.

Your a goose and should be sacked the club is broke and on grand final day when a lot of people would be flocking to club to buy merchandise and just enjoy the day you shut up shop. I say you should look for another job as you are useless at this one. Dud ground and a dud leagues club which shuts up shop on the most important day of the year. Is it any wonder you are broke

silver said:
I understand about numbers etc etc for the club entry but the buzz and hype back at at the club in '08 cannot be replicated on an outdoor oval. Also, I still think it's disgraceful the club isn't organising buses from the Club and then allowing us entry to the field afterwards after forking out good $$$ to support the team at the game.

Stop your whinging. The Oval makes sense, can get more people in and what better place to have a beer after a Manly GF victory. As for buses plenty of free public transport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4