No one likes us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

court83

Bencher
We don't care......
Except when a journo writes a mean story about us.... Or greenberg has an apparent agenda against us... Or when refs apparently hate us... Or when other fans think we should be moved.... Actually, for a fan base that claims to not care we are hated, We seem to be whinging about how hated we are quite a bit around here...

Not trying to stir anything, as I agree with most the comments the posters around here make most of the time... But man, I think our motto needs to be changed because the fans (atleast the ones here) seem to have a massive problem with the apparent hate manly are receiving this season from just about everyone...

It's always been a dumb motto. Trying to act all tough when really we deserve every thing the club gets due to the state of the club. Everything is either "fake news" or a conspiracy theory that everyone is against manly. It's all bs and it needs to be changed as the club put itself in this mess.

Alleged rumours that the manly marketing team will be adopting the slogan
Guess what manly hates you too on its 2019 membership cards for its own fans. Its to support the recent attitude towards fans , where marketing have concluded the message has been too subtle and they are still showing up. They will also be replacing lanyards with sausage rolls.
But in better new the signing of matty orford will be announced in a members only exclusive

Everyone hates us is a historical , tribal statement that harks back to the Masters Silvertails label and the jealousy that a Manly great Ken Arthurson presided over the League when it was at its best ... its the tall poppy thing .... we are no longer tall poppies but the very well perpetuated (by the media and recently Turdy), image remains with most non Manly supporters the mud has stuck like s**t to a blanket

People don't hate us that much anymore. It's like we are basket cases with the running of the club that gets a lot of laughs. Unapproachable owners, no leagues club and funding, 1960's oval that's stuck in history, wrong major sponsors who are dodgy and playing in an area that doesn't really support the team.

People don't hate us that much anymore. It's like we are basket cases with the running of the club that gets a lot of laughs. Unapproachable owners, no leagues club and funding, 1960's oval that's stuck in history, wrong major sponsors who are dodgy and playing in an area that doesn't really support the team.
I think the hate for the club has gone and it’s moved to zero care factor.In the past if there was a thought that the club was going to shut up shop and either fold or relocate,other fans and media would be disappointed.But now,nobody cares nor would they bat an eyelid if Manly was to cease operations

It's always been a dumb motto. Trying to act all tough when really we deserve every thing the club gets due to the state of the club. Everything is either "fake news" or a conspiracy theory that everyone is against manly. It's all bs and it needs to be changed as the club put itself in this mess.
Yep and there is still more **** to go down. This is far from over. Something is gunna come to a head. We all know where we are on the ladder. We all know why.Trying to cover it up is going to do sod all. So what's left? An explosion of personalities. We need to win games and that's it.

Yep and there is still more **** to go down. This is far from over. Something is gunna come to a head. We all know where we are on the ladder. We all know why.Trying to cover it up is going to do sod all. So what's left? An explosion of personalities. We need to win games and that's it.

Or implode , and that’s potentially on the cards as well.

Guaranteed we will have zero signings next year ,other than bottom dwellers with no other club to go to.

If we thought this year was bad I’m horrified at what 2019 might bring.

We didn't care because we were successful and winning. Now we are more Charlie Sheen like winning and everyone IS starting to care

I could not give a **** what supporters from other clubs or journos think of us. I also don't mind being courteous to good supporters from other clubs who enjoy light banter

People only think they hate Manly. The real story is, is that they Fear us and respect us. We have always been that way. That's something the club needs to get back and the only way we can get our respect back is to stop acting like little children and start winning games. I can't stress enough how many times we have shot ourselves in the foot to the point that sometimes I sit here thinking the players are throwing the game deliberately. Although I am probably wrong on that but that's how bad we have got. While other times we demolish teams. I have been to a hell of a lot of games all over this country many many times and have spent SERIOUS dollars getting from A to B to see my club and not any other club this club and this is the first year that I have thought to myself "Maybe I should just stay home". If some spoilt pricks are running around in our club ****ing it up for the sake of there own ego's then I, and every other person here has a right to say what they feel. There are players in our side that are great players but they are carrying the ego and minds of children and have done that many dumb things on and off the field that it makes me question their very own personal conduct. Personally I don't hate Manly or ever will, but for crying out loud we have become a babbling immature club full of players that think their very own crap don't stink that put themselves on the sidelines and do nothing but yet get praised. **** em let them know it. Let them know how we feel as there is nothing worse than players that are being paid good money and not take the field. And as a matter of fact I am not talking about DCE as he is the least of our problems. He is not the problem. At least he's out there and backs up. He has always been there.

What a difference a season makes , last season Manly somehow found a way to win quite a few close games to finish in a respectable position . This season , those type of games and results [ and unhelpful injury impact ] has gone against Manly and then now subsequent poor ladder position . Reckon if a match fit Walker played in some of those particular losing close contests this year , Manly win them . Manly seem to still have some very promising juniors coming through [ whether all of them can make it is a different matter but at least they are presently in the system ] Providing the team and the club in general can hang in there and keep the faith up and all things normal , can not see why things can not turn around for improved results and for better times ahead .

Even if some better times for Manly revives some now still lingering dislike for the club , who really cares and what does it really matter , past or future .

I get the point but there's more to it.
I see it more like " we don't give a f**k if you hate us, we stick solid through the good and bad" - unlike many other supporters who are fair weather supporters.
As an example I have many mates who love footy, but have changed the teams they support to cheer a team in the battle for Premiership glory.
Not sure the stats on here, but I have not met many Manly supporters who jump ship and like 2018, there's been plenty of opportunities.
That's why when I read a post like Stevo had on the Marty Tapau thread saying he can f**k off now if he wants out, I get his point - even though I want him to stay at Manly till he retires.
To make comments on Silvertails about media ect constantly bashing Manly, I don't see it as a cry, more validating the hate coming from the outsiders and is fair game to point it out.
In the past when the negative noise stops about Manly, I have always believed the side must not be travelling along too well....in 2018 it's a new level as the team is down and the boots are still flying, I personally like being the outsider and was outnumbered at school 500/1 growing up in Cronulla, but had the last laugh on most occasions....to recognise or state this is not whining imo - more owning the fact we are despised yet stand united.

We don't care......
Except when a journo writes a mean story about us.... Or greenberg has an apparent agenda against us... Or when refs apparently hate us... Or when other fans think we should be moved.... Actually, for a fan base that claims to not care we are hated, We seem to be whinging about how hated we are quite a bit around here...

Not trying to stir anything, as I agree with most the comments the posters around here make most of the time... But man, I think our motto needs to be changed because the fans (atleast the ones here) seem to have a massive problem with the apparent hate manly are receiving this season from just about everyone...

Yep we have sprouted the rubbish slogan for years and now it's coming home to roost.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6