No Lyon, no premeirship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
All the dogs 3 tries we on Lyon's side of the field. The first try should have been nullified by the the winger. In the 2nd half they exploited that side where Burher took Jamie's spot. Enough said, no Jamie no premiership.

Didn't Keating kick through and score under the posts ?? And Lyon was out there for the first try, in fact he let Morris run right past him.

You'd think we lost 46-10 instead of 16-10, we were still chance with 30 seconds to go.

If we had scored from that last play and kicked a field goal every one would be saying what a gutsy display without Jamie.

It was a close loss but Killer and Snake both need to be on the field for us to win the premiership imo.

Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:
Didn't Keating kick through and score under the posts ?? And Lyon was out there for the first try, in fact he let Morris run right past him.

Wrong, Jamie was impeded from making the tackle by a back peddling Whare.

Morris was already around Killer, all Whare did was get himself in a crap position to not make the tackle and give Morris the sideline. I'm not hating on Killer, it's just a fact, Morris beat him on the outside, Whare compounded it and turned it into a try.

Chip and Chase said:
Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:

Morris was already around Killer, all Whare did was get himself in a crap position to not make the tackle and give Morris the sideline. I'm not hating on Killer, it's just a fact, Morris beat him on the outside, Whare compounded it and turned it into a try.

Nah Whare got in Lyons way, Whare was to far infield and Lyon actually almost ran into him. The commentators actually pointed this out during the game.

What, I can't have an opinion? Mind you I had a few drinks under my belt.
Jamie hunted Morris towards the sideline and Whare got in Lyon's way and then ran straight around the winger. After Lyon went off they targeted his side of the field which makes good sense tactically. They made numerous breaks down that side. I concede I was wrong about the 3 tries being scored down our right side.

Jamie Lyon has been our best player all year. Our 2 tries were scored of the left and through the middle. Our usually potent right side suffered without Lyon which made it easier for the opposition to shut us down.

Lyon has more attacking prowess than just about anyone in the game. Yes, I'm disappointed about the result but without him I don't think we can go B2B. Having said that, I hope I have to eat my words.

Swoop's call is fair. I will not write us off completely if Lyon is missing but it sure makes going b2b very, very difficult.

Its not a negative call.matai is gone and if killer goes we simply will not win.That is just realistic.If you want any proof watch the knights and parra second halves where we had blokes out of position out wide.

We have a bunch of blokes who try their asses off every week and should be proud of them but history says titles require a healthy roster and we siimply cant lose two world class centres and win.Losing Lyon is like losing Slater and Barber.

Chip and Chase said:
Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:

Actually think it was then that he done it

Not sure how we would cope with no Lyon and Matai. Whare to left centre. Oldfield to right wing. Who though to right centre? I think Ferris is a liability there. And we miss him around the ruck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6