No hate in Manly-Melbourne rivalry: Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"... Everyone hates us. (But Melbourne is) just another game for us." - Choc.
Love this guy and his attitude about being Manly.

I love Geoff Toovey. He's is one of my favourite all time players. Tough as nails. But this time I think he's got it wrong.
*shouts* "Hey Geoff. We DO hate Melbourne mate."

and nothing would give me more satisfaction than to give them a towelling at AAMI Park.

Wouldn't it be nice to be heading down there with a healthy roster to really give it to them after two losses instead of limping into town

My hatred does consume me.

bones said:
I would hope its because all of our hate is now directed Belmore way.

I'm with bones on this one. Can't stand the kebab boys. Hate them more than the Scum, and by a considerable margin too.
Only about a month now until we get to beat up on them some more.

CamSmith said:
Obviously Tooves didn't consult @ralphie before this interview ;)

Damn straight he didn't. I am utterly consumed by hatred for the filthy purple scum and it takes absolutely no effort whatsoever.

I have just found out that I have to be in Melbourne for business Mon-Wed next week.

I'm torn, if I go then I will be contributing to them financially.

Hate is for the fans v fans.
The players all know one another from juniors or rep teams or moving clubs. I'm sure there are individuals that particularly hate one another but for them to just blanket hate an entire team would be hypocritical.

We on the other hand can feel the hate. That's our job. If we can vibe the players up enough to go nuts on the field, even better.

Kitey has worn a Saints jersey, but I never have and never will. I'd like to burn one, with the dirty f@*#ing c%>t that owns it still in it. Same could be said for Slime, scum and all the rest.

Ralphie said:
CamSmith said:
Obviously Tooves didn't consult @ralphie before this interview ;)

Damn straight he didn't. I am utterly consumed by hatred for the filthy purple scum and it takes absolutely no effort whatsoever.

I have just found out that I have to be in Melbourne for business Mon-Wed next week.

I'm torn, if I go then I will be contributing to them financially.

Jump da fence bro.

Duff said:
Hate is for the fans v fans.
The players all know one another from juniors or rep teams or moving clubs. I'm sure there are individuals that particularly hate one another but for them to just blanket hate an entire team would be hypocritical.

This is why it was so good seeing our boys get stuck into them in 2011. For at least a few minutes there it was as if the players hated the dirty cheating scum as much as us fans.

Ahhh fun times!

Today's Telegraph League lift out says Melbourne have 8.5 start on Footytab. That surprises me. If it's simply a mistake in the Telegraph however, that doesn't surprise me.

The Storm is $1.44 so 8.5 is about right for those odds.I reckon there average winning margin would be close to 15- 20 down there as we have won 2 from 10 and been pasted plenty of times.

susan said:
The Storm is $1.44 so 8.5 is about right for those odds.I reckon there average winning margin would be close to 15- 20 down there as we have won 2 from 10 and been pasted plenty of times.

Manly should be getting the 8.5 start though, not the Storm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4