No expansion = a Flat Earth Policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
To all of the NRL CEO's who don't want additional teams I say Bah Humbug.

Stop trying to protect your phoney baloney jobs gentlemen and look to the game as a whole.  Expand or perish.

And don't give that shyte about the talent being spread too thin and it shouldn't happen.

no point expanding when we have clubs who are on the brink finaically
expansion too early will only dilute the quailty of the game as there will be a need to find roughly 30 more 1st grade quailty players per new team.

I think there should be no new teams to 2015

and then it should be Perth and Logan-Ipswich

Any policy to stop the Bears polluting the competition again I will support.

Logan-Ipswich, do we really need another Parramatta?

I have to agree with Gallop for the short term The TV deal needs to be done with a huge injection of funds passed directly to the clubs to make it all viable. Until that happens too much talent is going to go to SuperLeague and Rugby (and maybe AFL). The talent pool of players will continue to shrink and two more teams will kill the quality of the game.

The competition is crying out for the bears to be brought back in.  But only at bear park and not at CC.

The CC deserve their own team not a makeshift norths team.

The fact the competition is struggling to maintain the current clubs (both in talent and financial) does not bode well for expansion

Well guys I see most of you disagree with my thoughts.

To Cambo - Kensian Economic Theory says that a weak player in the market will be replaced by a stronger player in the market.

Manly Backer - they said there wasn't enough talent to go around in 47 when Manly and P/matta came into the comp.  A few decades later they said the same thing with Cronulla and Penrith.  And again with Newcastle, Brisbane and Canberra. (All but one of those teams have won premierships.)

I seem to remeber a very good servant of the game played for Adelaide Rams until they folded and then played for Manly and now plays in England.  I am talking of none other than Willow.  Would he have gotten a run if they hadn't expanded back in the nineties?  I suggest not.

No.  I feel that we expand or perish and be taken over by RU or AFL.  If some clubs cannot make the grade, see you later, their players will simply play for soemone else.

If you are going to throw one of the most well known economists around in the mix at least spell his name right.

Keynes might have been a better option..

Sory Fro

Eye spelt itt wrrong.

U pict onn thhe speling butt not thte context.

In my defence i was in a bit of a hurry and didn't do a check of all my post throroughly.  Just like this one.

But can you see the KEY(nes) to my point?

TBH i don't see your point.

A weak player by what definition, there are way too many variables both internal and external to just say what you did.

It depends on whether you want to watch a game with half a dozen Willos running around on each side, or a game between two sides with talented players.

My overall point is if a business (team) is not financially strong it will be replaced by a stronger more financially sound team.

The strong survive the weak perish.

If the competition expands will the flat earth become a hexagonal prism? Don't scare me, I'm already worried about falling off.

Like both your points Fro.  I dream of a no Melbourne.  I hate them with a passion.

And now we have to contend with the South Sydney Silvertails who can buy whoever they want with Rusty's money.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7