No early release!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Understand the point of release DCE early as we all know he is gone in 2016 & maybe blood someone now rather than wait 12 months BUT.....
* He is still contracted this year & unlike a few other supporters I like to think at full strength theres a glimmer of success in 2015 ahead & Zero chance if he leaves.
* The 2 NSW cup halves are reasonable options as backup, but the moment DCE walks out the door we need an established replacement walking in the same door.
* This opens a massive door for Forans announcement - do the same people want him going to Parramatta early also??
* I am not convinced he was so bad last Friday behind the pack who were literally demolished, in fact he was 1 of a few who looked a little dangerous in attack & his attitude can be judged by his defence which was pretty solid when they isolated him & he took his man.

There will be plenty of time to put crap on him but for now, when he wears the Manly jersey he gets my support & hoping the talk of an early release is way off the mark.

Wrong. Swap him for the Titans young half. Plus a million dollars. The NRL are good for it.

Let's not delay the rebuild for a whole year.

It won't be easier next year. Senior players with one less season, etc

Yep **** him and Foz off. Just like ripping off a band aid do it quick it hurts but we than build again. So we just scrape into the 8 with 2 people who are leaving that doesn't excite me.

Obsurd NRL rules having players play on at a club after they have committed their futures elsewhere. Ive lived abroad for 10 years and try to explain what goes on downunder. It makes our sport a laughing stock.

I think we are jumping the gun that its a dead season - I recall that we were 1 game off from the grand final with the players available - as Gift was out & Watmough a passenger & maybe once the new players settle in can improve.
Theres a fair arguement both ways so its no black & white case - just not prepared to call it a season already & have faith these blokes are professional enough to get stuck in & give us a sight once the hostility settles down.

Players like Killer, Matai, Ballin etc don't waste years looking for the future. They are competitors and we would be doing them an injustice if we put the cue in the rack.

I think we are jumping the gun that its a dead season - I recall that we were 1 game off from the grand final with the players available - as Gift was out & Watmough a passenger & maybe once the new players settle in can improve.
Theres a fair arguement both ways so its no black & white case - just not prepared to call it a season already & have faith these blokes are professional enough to get stuck in & give us a sight once the hostility settles down.

1 game off last year after falling in a big hole and we are still in it. Other teams are building and we have gone backwards. You don't improve by staying the same. Our key players are coming 2 the end of there great careers (matai, lyon,stewart,ballin) 2 think they are as good as they were last year or the year before is unrealistic. The problem is our 2 best young players have quit the club so that has stuffed our planning.

I understand what your saying. I just don't see DCE trying this year cause he hasn't really got much to play for. (i could be wrong).

If he doesnt step up this year, its makes our rebuild longer.

Personally, if we can manage to hold onto Foz, I say set this years goal posts at making 8th spot and put a contingency plan into place:
  • sign foz (if that is still possible)
  • Mid season swap for elegy and/or sezer. Play them in firsts this year to get a feel for the club and the players around them. That way they are not debuting in 2016
  • Preferably get asks for someone like ryan james aswell
  • Then use leftover to sign a talented forward, someone like Tim grant (who souffs arent playing in firsts and may release) or S Burgess if by chance he gives up on rugby if he fails to make the english team.
Anyway thats my 2 cents. Im sure 2V will have his own plan.

Make him stay. Don't let the rat just sneak out the back door ...... if we lose a few games and he is playing well then at least it will be fun to listen to the crowd at Brookie bag him.

It depends on the playing group. If they think he is a knob head get him out now. If the raleigh behind him dont touch a thing.

I reckon no player will say it out loud but if the drew straws in private daly would be taking 2 or 3 straws to the glitter strip in his kit bag, just for the diet pepsi and his sponsor gatorade , a real drink for a real man

1 game off last year after falling in a big hole and we are still in it. Other teams are building and we have gone backwards. You don't improve by staying the same. Our key players are coming 2 the end of there great careers (matai, lyon,stewart,ballin) 2 think they are as good as they were last year or the year before is unrealistic. The problem is our 2 best young players have quit the club so that has stuffed our planning.
Yes - have looked far from the stable side we have been spoiled enough to watch the past 10 years for a while now, but under these circumstances were still good enough to challenge for the title in 2014 - thats good enough for me as the rebuilding can wait until next year - for now - its important to have the best team possibly available - & like him or hate him - DCE is part of that.

Everybody knows how good DiCkhEad can be, but how many games has he won us over the past 10 or so - ever since he started his contract whoring?

Yes - have looked far from the stable side we have been spoiled enough to watch the past 10 years for a while now, but under these circumstances were still good enough to challenge for the title in 2014 - thats good enough for me as the rebuilding can wait until next year - for now - its important to have the best team possibly available - & like him or hate him - DCE is part of that.

That's fair enough i just don't see even with our best side on the park we are a threat this year (love 2 be wrong). Andrew Johns would struggle playing behind our pack.

I would consider releasing him ONLY on the basis that it free'd up $$$$$ and this was thrown at Foran this year BUT only on the basis that this was instrumental in Foran re-signing long term. OR If we managed to strike a killer deal with Gold Coast in terms of what's coming our way etc.

IF we cant strike a killer deal that enhances our club greatly, then we make him play out his contract. If you let players out of their contracts early ( like we did with twatmough ) it just encourages them to carry on "white anting" behind the scenes & being disruptive and rewards them for it.

The Players want him to stay, the couple that conveniently blame Chez for an aging backrower being moved on are in the minority.

Still don't get how Foz's $$ didn't affect the Cap available for Gifty's retention?
Along with the 'holding back monies to keep DCE' line ?
The NRL Salary Cap has to be spent in the year its allocated, its like a Company Budget - if you don't spend it, you can not shift the monies into the next financial year.@:cool:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=foran-set-to-leave-manly_1227255684094&vc=569

The only reason Manly would entertain releasing him early because they know he is unpopular at the club with most of the players and morale would be better if he left.

He is mroe interested in apearign on tv shows than playing football. Egotisical wanker.

The Players want him to stay, the couple that conveniently blame Chez for an aging backrower being moved on are in the minority.

Still don't get how Foz's $$ didn't affect the Cap available for Gifty's retention?
Along with the 'holding back monies to keep DCE' line ?
The NRL Salary Cap has to be spent in the year its allocated, its like a Company Budget - if you don't spend it, you can not shift the monies into the next financial year.@:cool:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=foran-set-to-leave-manly_1227255684094&vc=569[/QUOTE]

Yes but what I assume they mean is paying Foran THIS YEAR with DCE's 2015 manly salary ( $450,000 say ) cause DCE may be no longer on the books when he's getting a spray tan on the gold coast. I assume its still OK to front end the contract like that for Foran or for whoever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4