Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
As much as I hate to admit it we are gone this year! We are almost sitting ducks for either the scum or the dogs next week! Injuries, suspensions etc
Yes we played well in the last 20 minutes last night however this happened when the Souths forwards took some metal off the pedal.
During the last 10 or so weeks of the competition the ruck has been allowed to slow down somewhat suiting the bigger teams.

Our pack is built for a fast game where the bigger boppers do not have the time to set themselves properly in the defensive line etc this makes a huge difference IMO
We are being smashed in the ruck ATM this would still be an issue even if we were at full strength!

As a positive the so called market value of some players will decline other coaches have also seen our plight and will not build their teams without some serious muscle up front! Hopefully this takes some pressure away in some areas!

Tooves and co need to assess this and we do need to find away to strengthen our ruck and go forward! Personally I think some of our forwards like JSL, starling and even Hasson can only get better with age and another strong off season. These are at this stage depth players though!

Would be interesting to see everyone's thoughts on what we can do (realistically) in the off season to better prepare for next season! IMO We really need to find a couple of bargain basement big boppers that we can develop, maybe a new assistant coach also and move JSL into the back row and Horro into NSW's cup for starters!
Sorry also we need to send Taufua to spend his off season with the swans!

Interested in everyone's thoughts?

We need a big signing in the prop department. I think the later end of the season has proved that you can have the worlds best back line and halves. But if the forwards are being drivin back and not aiming up in defence no amount of runs from matai and Lyon will make up for it. Find some money to buy a big name forward.

As I have said in other threads a meter eater and an enforcer, if one or more goes that's where we should look.

You can have the best backline in the game but as Souths showed last night, almost useless against a pack of big rolling forwards.

Mark from Brisbane said:
As I have said in other threads a meter eater and an enforcer, if one or more goes that's where we should look.

You can have the best backline in the game but as Souths showed last night, almost useless against a pack of big rolling forwards.
Yep, I think we have too much tied up in the backs.. We need a bit of balance in our team..

Our right hand defense, It wasn't wolf and it isn't Hiku. Three man overlaps, it doesn't happen on the left.

Mentioned this vaguely in another thread.

I know what we all think of the Storm but they are the other successful of the current era - yeah yeah cheats yada yada but bare with me.

They have built their team around the big three and we seem to be talking about building our team around our big two.

The thing is, their three are fullback, half, hooker; while our two are both halves. I think we need a rethink, that's what I think.

First let the virus in club go choc that is had his time now go and grant matai a release.
Keep snake too important to team. Jake t, jamil hopoate and clint gutherson should be in first grade next season.

Red Pill said:
As much as I hate to admit it we are gone this year! We are almost sitting ducks for either the scum or the dogs next week! Injuries, suspensions etc
Yes we played well in the last 20 minutes last night however this happened when the Souths forwards took some metal off the pedal.
During the last 10 or so weeks of the competition the ruck has been allowed to slow down somewhat suiting the bigger teams.

Our pack is built for a fast game where the bigger boppers do not have the time to set themselves properly in the defensive line etc this makes a huge difference IMO
We are being smashed in the ruck ATM this would still be an issue even if we were at full strength!

As a positive the so called market value of some players will decline other coaches have also seen our plight and will not build their teams without some serious muscle up front! Hopefully this takes some pressure away in some areas!

Tooves and co need to assess this and we do need to find away to strengthen our ruck and go forward! Personally I think some of our forwards like JSL, starling and even Hasson can only get better with age and another strong off season. These are at this stage depth players though!

Would be interesting to see everyone's thoughts on what we can do (realistically) in the off season to better prepare for next season! IMO We really need to find a couple of bargain basement big boppers that we can develop, maybe a new assistant coach also and move JSL into the back row and Horro into NSW's cup for starters!
Sorry also we need to send Taufua to spend his off season with the swans!

Interested in everyone's thoughts?

And if we somehow manage a victory next week, what then? The Roosters in a prelim? Ouch!

Darren said:
Sao as well. Glenn, Choc,Wolfie and King should free up some salary cap.

So will Foran when he leaves at the end of next year. He is just as annoyed with the club as what Choc and Snake are.

Its all about investing in youth and giving them experience.

We have enough talent in our 20s to suggest that its a bright future ahead.

What we are going to need is some experience in the pack a bit like when BK came to the club a decade ago to guide the young bucks.

We also need some speed injected in the team, we were horrible exposed out wide time and time again last night.

The vermin have benefited from playing young kids out wide, they devastated us on our right side defence all night.

Look we have been spoilt what 10 finals in row, 4 gfs, 2 nrl titles and equal first this season. It has to come to an end but the club is in a position to build for future unlike say bozo in 1999 where blokes where left a season too long and left us with nothing bar toovs and beaver. Des, crusher, toovs have all done amazing job with this squad, but simply sides know we have no forward strength and our game plan is predictable.
It will be tough but this is how i see our team next season our plan next year should be top 8.
1. Snake(experience) 2. Blair ( good in air, big body) 3. Killer 4. Hiku (his best spot not a winger) 5. Gutherson 6. Foran 7. Cherry evans
13. Buhrer 12. Symonds 11. Horo 10. Jake t 9. Ballin 8. Lawerence

Bench luaki, lui, hodges, hopoate.

I would suggest tom t should play nsw cup next season.

winnyason said:
Look we have been spoilt what 10 finals in row, 4 gfs, 2 nrl titles and equal first this season. It has to come to an end but the club is in a position to build for future unlike say bozo in 1999 where blokes where left a season too long and left us with nothing bar toovs and beaver. Des, crusher, toovs have all done amazing job with this squad, but simply sides know we have no forward strength and our game plan is predictable.
It will be tough but this is how i see our team next season our plan next year should be top 8.
1. Snake(experience) 2. Blair ( good in air, big body) 3. Killer 4. Hiku (his best spot not a winger) 5. Gutherson 6. Foran 7. Cherry evans
13. Buhrer 12. Symonds 11. Horo 10. Jake t 9. Ballin 8. Lawerence

Bench luaki, lui, hodges, hopoate.

I would suggest tom t should play nsw cup next season.
Mmmm that team wouldn't make top 8

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7