Next weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
so if we survive what is next weeks team going to look like ?

bit from todays paper

Manly coach Des Hasler said his star five-eighth was out for the season and would undergo surgery that is expected to rule him out of Australian selection for the coming Four Nations tournament.

Hasler also has other major concerns. Second-rower Anthony Watmough (leg) is in doubt for their next match, while Brett Stewart suffered a back injury and Brent Kite was forced from the field with concussion. And talented rookies Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Ben Farrar must overcome a possible judiciary charge after being reported for a lifting tackle.

I'd start Cuthbo and JWH next week.  Put some fear up the opposition and get them to belt a few heads.  Maybe Kite and Ted would see that aggression is needed on the field. 

kingyfan link said:
Maybe even Vic Mauro and his mates from combat. 

Just how old are you kingyfan?  Combat?  I haven't even thought about that show for years.  I used to watch it as a kid.  Probably the last time I thought about it was when Vic Morrow got decapitated by the helicopter whilst filming the Twilight Zone movie back in the early 80's.

If we are still around. I think JWH will get suspended so won't consider him

Stewart
Robertson
Matai
Farrar
Williams
Foran
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Bailey
Stewart

L'Estrange
Rose
Hall
King/Cuthbertson

A week after Hall's kid dies and you'd bring him on?  Where do you think his head would be Kiwi after the funeral?  Your team is the same old same old.  We have nothing to lose by playing some hard hitters, especially if we have to go through the Tits.  JWH won't get suspended. 

That would be Hall's personal choice DSM, he certainly wouldn't be forced, but he may feel it is the best thing for him to get back out there

My team would be pretty close to the one that smashed the Titans up last week and won 12/16 to get us into the finals. Win or lose, they should be the ones to decide that fate

I think JWH will get charged for that tackle. Pretty straight forward case of hands between the legs and lifting, which is not on. Whether it costs him a week will depend on grading, loading, carry over points etc etc etc.. but I think he'll be having a rest for a week.

Choc should be right, but you never know with corks, just depends on where it is and how deep. If he doesn't play we are dead in the water, he is the only one who is likely to produce something, which he didn't last night unfortunately. Kiwi's side looks on the money, Des is not prone to mixing it up too much anyway, so he'll play safe.

We might need him. Our team without Lyon, Watmough, King, Kite, Hall, & JWH would be getting a bit stretched for depth. Hopefully JWH has no charge. Hopefully Kite is fine but it is the second time he's been KO'd lately so that is a concern. I heard King is saying he will be right but whether he is actually 'right' is another matter. Who wants to play a knockout NRL semi in the front row with damaged ribs?
So ... go T-Rex!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6