Next two weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In the cold light of a new day, we are only 1 win out of the eight, with a positive F/A.
It is still an early season ladder so anything is still possible.

Parra and Knights are our next two games.
We need to win both. No ifs or buts.
They are both winnable, and imo crucial to our season.

The next fortnight will say a lot about our team and the coaches ability to get them up.

We have been diabolical the last two weeks. Not sure how we turn that around.

Eels are rubbish, but they have all the motivation to lift next week to break their duck. Knights beat us Round 1 and arguably have improved since then, whereas we have regressed. Gonna be a tough two weeks followed nicely by Roosters, Broncos and Storm.@:eek:@:eek:@:eek:

I'm looking forward to seeing if the Baz and Chez show can turn these performances around.

The Tim Mannah side step will tear us apart next week ... and then the week after Ponga ... gulp ... it could get ugly ... unless we start playing as a team ... DCE needs to justify his ridiculous contract as does Trent

The Tim Mannah side step will tear us apart next week ... and then the week after Ponga ... gulp ... it could get ugly ... unless we start playing as a team ... DCE needs to justify his ridiculous contract as does Trent
Dont worry about Ponga. Just postion a sniper in the Arko stand,problem solved...@:mask:@:mask:@:mask:

Anyone see 5 straight losses ahead of us??

The only thing, yes the ONLY thing that could change this around isn’t Barrett screaming at them, isn’t Penn coming to training and throwing a hissy fit, isn’t us experts on Silvertails , isn’t those experts in the Media it’s the players themselves uniting together and playing as a team.

Yesterday’s first half was diabolical but when the Tigers dropped off a bit in the second half they had an opportunity to get some respect back ( although they were never going to win), keeping them to zero and scoring 3-4 converted try’s and there would be a different mood today.

There’s 17 people who can make a difference, and no one else!!

Good coaches can make the best of what they have got. Sure injuries have hit us again but the roster is no that bad quality wise. Our achilles heel is an incomplete spine. We need a 5/8 quick. Croker is a hard worker but he is not the answer and by analogy our spine is like a greyhound only having three legs and trying to win against greyhounds with four legs. I'm not bagging young Croker and it's not his fault he is trying very hard. I cannot for the life of me understand why Barrett has put the poor kid under so much pressure and why he announced him as our 5/8 so early in the pre season. It seems to me he was too busy trying to give Hastings a kick in the arse. DCE is being paid big money to be our leader and he needs to focus on learning how to get along with different personality types. I have never played in a football team in which every player liked one another off the field and I have memories of guys having dust ups at training and then playing well for each other on the weekend. You learned how to tolerate one another and work together. So team stop being sooks and start being professionals and that includes the coaching staff as well as the players.

Good coaches can make the best of what they have got. Sure injuries have hit us again but the roster is no that bad quality wise. Our achilles heel is an incomplete spine. We need a 5/8 quick. Croker is a hard worker but he is not the answer and by analogy our spine is like a greyhound only having three legs and trying to win against greyhounds with four legs. I'm not bagging young Croker and it's not his fault he is trying very hard. I cannot for the life of me understand why Barrett has put the poor kid under so much pressure and why he announced him as our 5/8 so early in the pre season. It seems to me he was too busy trying to give Hastings a kick in the arse. DCE is being paid big money to be our leader and he needs to focus on learning how to get along with different personality types. I have never played in a football team in which every player liked one another off the field and I have memories of guys having dust ups at training and then playing well for each other on the weekend. You learned how to tolerate one another and work together. So team stop being sooks and start being professionals and that includes the coaching staff as well as the players.

Croker is a weak link without a doubt and we all know 1/6/7/9 are the key players.

BUT, the Tigers don’t have a team of champion players either but as a group they are playing like a champion team.

It really comes down to our top 17-20 deciding to work for each other , defend for each other and play for each other.

When that happens we will win a few games!

I think Hastings will be back and hopefully given his shot in the 6. The club didn’t have to say “Achilles injury” - they could have dropped him without giving a reason.

Otherwise we may as well put Lewis Brown in the 6.

Unless I am reading your post wrong - what is the ridiculous contract that Barrett is on?
My understanding is they picked him up relatively cheap as the Penn's are tight arses and he had no first grade experience?

yes sorry badly worded Trent just has to justify his position !

I don’t understand the people pointing the finger at Croker. He certainly wasn’t the worst out the yesterday and in fact had some reasonable touches. What we need is for our teams leaders to step up and set the tone rather than showing their frustration, they should show their determination. We also need out outside backs to defend as a unit with the second rowers and halves. Oh and please diffuse some kicks and stop dropping the ball.

Anyone see 5 straight losses ahead of us??

The only thing, yes the ONLY thing that could change this around isn’t Barrett screaming at them, isn’t Penn coming to training and throwing a hissy fit, isn’t us experts on Silvertails , isn’t those experts in the Media it’s the players themselves uniting together and playing as a team.

Yesterday’s first half was diabolical but when the Tigers dropped off a bit in the second half they had an opportunity to get some respect back ( although they were never going to win), keeping them to zero and scoring 3-4 converted try’s and there would be a different mood today.

There’s 17 people who can make a difference, and no one else!!
An 18th man named Toovey or Hasler would make a big difference too.

Spiritually they look busted. I hope I am wrong but I can't see anything changing unless they make a change in the coach.

NYEagle

Whoever is in the 6 needs to take pressure off Cherry by organising the team, executing set plays and carrying out last tackle plays. Give the ball to Cherry whenever he calls for it.

Croker isn't the problem. Penalties, errors and lack of effort is. Seriously, if the team were to start holding on to the ball, run harder, chase harder, dive on every loose ball, tackle harder and just give themselves a chance then you'd see us win more than we lose.

Croker hasn't set the world on fire, but did go ok against the eels and raiders when our Forwards didnt get knocked over .

Croker isn't the problem.
He is part of it. Our backs aren't firing. All he does is pass. He doesn't have the attacking weapons to be in First Grade.
But the forwards need to harden up to allow our backline to shine.

He is part of it. Our backs aren't firing. All he does is pass. He doesn't have the attacking weapons to be in First Grade.
But the forwards need to harden up to allow our backline to shine.
If we complete at 90% with half 50% possession, cut out most of the stupid penalties, have the team put in the effort and then he fails, then the criticism would be justified. Until then let's give him a chance because he's not the one missing all those tackles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4