Next TV deal.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So when announced I thought WTF. Ruperts not going to deal well with that and honestly for the four best games each week that deal was soft. Now uncle rupes has just gone **** it AFL I'll take that.

Well played NRL echoes of the Kerry Packer deals. These blokes and I don't think it even starts with David smith are jokes. Get used to 2017 being like the old days with only 3 games telecast. Well there might be one more on 9 but forget live subscription games of your team. The dickheads have even put Telstra offside.

This is our games death warrant.

That bastard Murdoch and his bloody empire nearly destroyed our game with their dirty and divisive take over in 1995. He controls a large portion of the media and we have to lump that, the damage he did back then killed off clubs and turned many people away from the game!

would prefer Warren Boland and coverage on the ABC. Don't really give a toss about all the telly business, it' what's ruining it anyway.

Good idea. Let's see how many juniors come through wanting to play the game so warren can call their names on suburban Sydney radio.

Super league II is coming after this shoddy and il thought deal.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-18/afl-on-the-verge-of-signing-new-tv-deal

just saying what I'd prefer.. beats Fittler and Ray hands down but fair enough. Though there may have been more juniors coming through in Wazza's day. there were 2 divisions per most local club in each age group to D grade in Manly Warringah back then.. times change but pay tv hasn't increased that... I'd guess it's less now.

I think Murdoch is angry that he lost a big chunk of NRL hence the stab at NRL today. He has now paid overs for the AFL coverage.

He needs the NRL otherwise he will lose alot of NSW/QLD subscribers, which means they wont be watching AFL either on fox. So in a way Dave smith has a bargaining chip because there is a co-dependency

Lets not forget that Murdoch already tried once to kill RL and shouldn't be anywhere near the sport.

Personally I think the NRL should get serious about a digital strategy. I would start squeezing fox out of the picture and take control broadcasting rights. Teaming up with someone like Google or Netflix. It would allow the NRL to have greater control over its advertising revenue and exposure.

Lets not forget, that Foxtel doesn't always do good things for a sport.

Since selling out to fox, the V8supercars recent figures were a 6% decrease in viewership.

The A-league and BBL both saw increased once have some FTA coverage.

*I respect there are other factors at play aswell, but looking at fox as one of the contributors.

Last edited:
I think Murdoch is angry that he lost a big chunk of NRL hence the stab at NRL today. He has now paid overs for the AFL coverage.

He needs the NRL otherwise he will lose alot of NSW/QLD subscribers, which means they wont be watching AFL either on fox. So in a way Dave smith has a bargaining chip because there is a co-dependency

Lets not forget that Murdoch already tried once to kill RL and shouldn't be anywhere near the sport.

Personally I think the NRL should get serious about a digital strategy. I would start squeezing fox out of the picture and take control broadcasting rights. Teaming up with someone like Google or Netflix. It would allow the NRL to have greater control over its advertising revenue and exposure.

How many pubs are going to google or Netflix a footy game on a Saturday night? How many fans live outside of areas with decent internet connection?

Fox and Telstra (both current partners) were not involved in the current negotiation's. Dave Smith has only been talking to Nine and has also sold out the Digital rights to Nine also....He was flapping his gums about the new deal, but just shows u what a fark wit he is, as it is now shown as poor deal and Fox can just pick what they want to pick from, at a price they want. I cant see that the NRL are in the box seat anymore......This entire deal will be lucky to reach $1.5 billion...which would be up by a maximum of 50% at the very very best...The AFL deal has doubled from the last one.....Dave Smith should be sacked.

I'd like to see the bloke choke on a Sherrin. Thanks for almost killing the game with superduperleague Rupert. We always knew you were never a fan.

Gyngel and Smith are wankers. What happens when they can't get Fox to do the other 4 games. Murdoch is bigger than Smith and Gyngel put together. You only got to look at the wankers he has on the Footy Show. Ryan and Mole.

Gyngel and Smith are wankers. What happens when they can't get Fox to do the other 4 games. Murdoch is bigger than Smith and Gyngel put together. You only got to look at the wankers he has on the Footy Show. Ryan and Mole.
I rareley watch the afl footy show but they do the big issues with respect and intelligence and have great interviews, then there is Fatty.

Dave Smith probably picked a ****ty deal so people will be forced to go drive a few hours and pay hundred of dollars for their family to attend live games at ANZ Stadium.

Lets not forget, that Foxtel doesn't always do good things for a sport.

Since selling out to fox, the V8supercars recent figures where a 6% decrease in viewership.

The A-league and BBL both saw increased once have some FTA coverage.

*I respect there are other factors at play aswell, but looking at fox as one of the contributors.
Super 15 Rugby is another one that has slid since going to Fox, my mate coaches union and gets Leauge kids coming over to play (because they want to have a better chance of getting a big $$$ deal) who have never seen a game of rugby.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6