"Next Generation" memberships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
"Next Generation" memberships

Just received a call from the club regarding the memberships that I purchased for my 3 sons back in December. I am extremely impressed that they are going to give me a voucher to reimburse me for my youngest son's membership as he is under 9 and is now free under the "Next Generation" membership package.
I even signed up my 4 year old daughter!
Well done MWSE!

Re: "Next Generation" memberships

I think it's a terrific idea.  Groundwork for the future.  Thankyou Grant Meyer.

Thats a pretty cool offer and very forward thinking. A good way to get young families going to games, parents sign up and their kids can come for free

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295584183[/time]

In further forward thinking, advertise that. Let the wider public know, not just word of mouth.

Yep - got a call too & the same offer! - I also have 3 kids signed up. I encourage all members to have more kids and sign them up. That's probably how souths do it.

This is from the manly website:

The Sea Eagles are out to recruit the next generation of Manly supporters by offering free membership to any child under 9!

By filling out the application form below, your child can be part of this exciting new inititative by the Sea Eagles.

With a range of benefits included, there has never been a better time to sign up your kids as next generation supporters – all free of charge!

Membership Benefits Include

■General Admission entry into all 10 Sea Eagles home games played at Brookvale Oval
■Next Generation membership card and certificate
■Sea Eagles sticker
■Sea Eagles lanyard and card wallet
■10% off all Sea Eagles merchandise at the Factory Outlet
■Members only e-newsletters and updates

http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/2011-packages/under-9-next-generation-membership/

Why then do they have the U5 on the hill package that costs $20 or $15 online? I know you get a few extra things like a backpack & members kit.

But why would parents fork out 20 bucks for under 5 package when they can get the U9 package for nothing. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless the kids want a backpack.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295584952[/time]

This is from the manly website:

The Sea Eagles are out to recruit the next generation of Manly supporters by offering free membership to any child under 9!

By filling out the application form below, your child can be part of this exciting new inititative by the Sea Eagles.

With a range of benefits included, there has never been a better time to sign up your kids as next generation supporters – all free of charge!

Membership Benefits Include

■General Admission entry into all 10 Sea Eagles home games played at Brookvale Oval
■Next Generation membership card and certificate
■Sea Eagles sticker
■Sea Eagles lanyard and card wallet
■10% off all Sea Eagles merchandise at the Factory Outlet
■Members only e-newsletters and updates

http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/2011-packages/under-9-next-generation-membership/

Why then do they have the U5 on the hill package that costs $20 or $15 online? I know you get a few extra things like a backpack & members kit.

But why would parents fork out 20 bucks for under 5 package when they can get the U9 package for nothing. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless the kids want a backpack.

Maybe the Next Gen is underwritten by the NRL - it's a new thing. I have been offered a reimbursement in form of a sea eagles shop voucher for my 3 under 9s. So no worries from my perspective

Shoe1 link said:
Maybe the Next Gen is underwritten by the NRL - it's a new thing. I have been offered a reimbursement in form of a sea eagles shop voucher for my 3 under 9s. So no worries from my perspective

If that's the case fair enough.

1.  Free entry is a bargain
2.  Toddlers come with attached adults
3.  Toddlers sprout into adults

Great thinking on three counts.

This is a great move. Every kid who sees B.Stewart, G.Rose, Wolfman and Foran run out will gain heros for life, just like I did growing up seeing Menzies and co play. Today it seems cool for each kid in the class to support a different team, this is a great way to ensure the next generation of northern beaches kids are SE supporters.

By the way because we all know that people on the North Shore develop slower perhaps we should make it under 12 for anyone from the traditional Bears areas. That would piss them off.

Rusty link said:
By the way because we all know that people on the North Shore develop slower perhaps we should make it under 12 for anyone from the traditional Bears areas.

That would discriminate against their 20-30 year old children.

Rusty link said:
By the way because we all know that people on the North Shore develop slower perhaps we should make it under 12 for anyone from the traditional Bears areas. That would piss them off.

Maybe the club would also offer free membership to people with IQ's less than 9.  They would make a few posters on this site pretty happy. 

but what happens if their heroes turn out to be Chris Bailey, Phil Moorewood or Matt Cross!! Scar them for life  ::) :-*

Just signed up my son

Fingers crossed they look at the membership database and realise i am not a member....then market to me....

Darren link said:
but what happens if their heroes turn out to be Chris Bailey, Phil Moorewood or Matt Cross!! Scar them for life  ::) :-*
Only if they sign up to this forum

Darren my hero growing up was David the Mule Hoskings...not too dissimilar from a Chris Bailey etc

I loved that guy, he was on my first proper jersey.

Clubs need to be appeal to all (not just the glamor boys)

lsz link said:
Darren my hero growing up was David the Mule Hoskings...not too dissimilar from a Chris Bailey etc

I loved that guy, he was on my first proper jersey.

Clubs need to be appeal to all (not just the glamor boys)

Gee's you're showing your age Isz...lol, actually I worked with the Mule and his dad (Bill) for a number of years. One afternoon Bill rang me and asked me over for a barbie and a few beers, I walked in the backyard and more than half the boys where standing there enjoying themselves.
Seems kind of childish to talk about it nowadays but it's one of those memories that i will never forget.

I still have the coaster he signed for my 18th...

He was down at the steyn hotel post playing career...smoking up a storm drinkin gold...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4