News Story.....Go for the X-factor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/go-for-the-x-factor/

Go for the X-factor

MANLY premiership-winning back-rower Nik Kosef has called on Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler to recall Adam Cuthbertson for next weekend’s grand final qualifier.

Cuthbertson didn’t play in Manly’s opening NRL finals win over the Dragons on Saturday night, when he was dropped off a five-man bench just before kick-off.

With no player in the Sea Eagles 17 putting a foot wrong in the 38-6 drubbing, Hasler is unlikely to make any unforced changes to the team for the preliminary final against the winner of the Warriors-Roosters clash.

But Kosef believes the inclusion of Cuthbertson will provide the Sea Eagles with an X-factor off the bench and improve their chances of winning their first premiership in 12 years.

“I’d have him there on the bench because he will only help Manly’s chances of winning games,” the former international second-rower said last night. “He’s got a fair bit to offer in attack.

“You need to have that someone who can come off the bench and create something.

“Your set plays don’t always come off so you need players who can provide that little bit of brilliance when things aren’t working.

“Des will make his own mind up and you can’t fault him, but I’d play (Cuthbertson) as much as you can. He’s such a talented player.”

A notion that was supported by another former Sea Eagles back-rower Terry Randall.

The four-time premiership winner has been highly impressed with Cuthbertson’s progression this season and believes a position needs to be found for the Avalon Bulldogs junior.

“He needs to be there on the bench, I think,” Randall said.

“No one in the squad is going to let anyone down but (Cuthbertson) has shown in the past what impact he can have. It just depends if he fits in with the plans that Des has. I’d have him in my team.”

Centre Steven Bell (calf) and prop Josh Perry (cork) continue to make good progress from their injuries and are in no doubt for next Saturday night’s preliminary final.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4