News: Storm cap breach doubled

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>A REPORT commissioned by the Storm's owner, News Ltd, on salary cap breaches at the NRL side claims the club was $3.2 million over the cap from 2006 to the end of this season.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4944-storm-cap-breach-doubled.html">Read the full article</a>

Is that all, I can see why it was overlooked, I can understand why they feel they are entitled to keep their premierships and trophies etc.  Poor scum.......

It STILL doesn;t tell me what I want to hear

The "big" four and Bellyache were up to their armpits in the whole mess.

When that comes out I'll be happy, if it doesn't it' a cover up.

And I read in the Bronco mail this morning that they plan to keep the big four, paying them $2.2 Million...leaving $2.1 million for the other 21 players....so it looks like they stay!!

that's do-able though you will end up with a lot of 1k players a few 140k and a few 50k players but still do-able

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It STILL doesn;t tell me what I want to hear

The \"big\" four and Bellyache were up to their armpits in the whole mess.

When that comes out I'll be happy, if it doesn't it' a cover up.

And I read in the Bronco mail this morning that they plan to keep the big four, paying them $2.2 Million...leaving $2.1 million for the other 21 players....so it looks like they stay!!

All players refused to be interviewed unless News LTD would guarantee that it stayed private. But News wouldn't give that guarantee so no players were interviewed. All neatly swept under the carpet.

News should strip their money out and declare them bankrupt. Re issue the rfanchise to soemone else.

The players and management at Storm need a real shakeup. Imagine what would happen if teh "big four" had to be split up......stiff **** I say, but you watch the media campaign from now....poor buggers they didnt know

If we lose Mattai maybe we should go after Dane Nielson or some of the other youngsters. With the big 4 eating up half their cap why would some of these youngsters want to stay? They'd be on an average wage of 100k while the big 4 on an average of 500k+.

the kids coming through will be happy with 100k. those 18 or 19

its the midtier ones they will lose, and by those figures to keep the 4 stooges they will have to dump every single one of them.

Fro link said:
the kids coming through will be happy with 100k. those 18 or 19

its the midtier ones they will lose, and by those figures to keep the 4 stooges they will have to dump every single one of them.

I should have said the rest of the squad besides the big 4 would be on an average wage of 100k.

The big 4 will eat 2.2mil, leaving 2.1mil for the other 21 top tier playing, but you have players like White who'd be around the 300k mark, and players like Proctor on say 200-250k and a few others leaving a lot of players near minimum wage. If other clubs can offer more would they not consider leaving. I think this is exactly what a lot of NRL clubs have been waiting for.

Manly should be chasing Cronk's understudy Luke Kelly.

Remember we had Wolfman on 55k so there would likely be a lot of players on that amount freeing up some cash to get a couple of the middle tier players for $200k but not a lot of them

swoop link said:
The ones on 55k would have targets on their head from rival NRL clubs.
Not if you have them for 3 years under contract

If this eventuates it would be a massive advantage playing the storm in the middle of origin next year. I bet the draw favours another news club. Purely coincidental of course

I hope they keep the "big four" it will be fun to watch Smith opperate when he's propped up with some pimply faced frontrowers, Cronk behind a pack in reverse all game and Slater making 30 plus tackles a match.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to play for the Storm.  Their 'loyalty' is to the 4 players who would have been the cause of this whole debacle.  So you just know that you're only being rented out if you play as they'll turf you just so they can keep the four fckers.  It's a shame Cronk is involved because i really don't mind the guy.  Scum like Smith saying it'll give the players some closure when the report's released... bullcrap, they should've co-operated if they wanted pure vindication

And for Rob Moodie to come out and say the report isn't legit...have you ever seen someone go from one view to another in such an extreme way?  3.2 million, thanks for wasting our time

Dan link said:
that's do-able though you will end up with a lot of 1k players a few 140k and a few 50k players but still do-able

No can do Dan, minimum NRL player wage is $55k, so every player must be on at least this.

They will lose players so quickly if this is their plan, lol, remembering they need a 25 player squad, which means 21 on an average of $100k, plus of course that means if god forbid any of them turn out to be any good and get selected for NZ, Aus, QLD, NSW, City or Country then rep payments and they are over again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4