News: Stewart ban a 'tough call': Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p>Manly coach Des Hasler says the NRL's four-week suspension of Brett Stewart is a "tough call" and he expects the game to maintain the strict precedent. </p><p>Fullback Stewart was banned for four games by the league last week for being intoxicated at the Eagles' season launch.
Stewart was also charged with sexual assault following an alleged incident on the night of the launch, but the NRL claimed the penalty was not linked to the charge. </p><p>When asked if the NRL had set a standard on player behaviour and punishment, Hasler said: "You would certainly hope so. </p><p>"If it's a four-week suspension for being inebriated at a club function then four weeks is a tough call ... compared to some of the happenings in the past. "If they are saying they have to make a stance then I guess they have made that stance." Stewart continued training with Manly on Tuesday at Narrabeen and Hasler said the Test star would continue to do so until his round five return. </p><p> "Brett is just going about his life and day to day business and training and doing what professional footballers do," Hasler said. "He is just serving a four-week suspension."</p><p>AAP </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/stewart-ban-a-tough-call-hasler.html">Read the full article</a>

"he expects the game to maintain the strict precedent"

Don't hold your breath Des..........won't happen.

Chip & Chase link said:
\"he expects the game to maintain the strict precedent\"

Don't hold your breath Des..........won't happen.

As has just become evident with the roosters player. I wonder if gallop would have jumped in if the d'head had of run into some innocent person.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4