News: Sea Eagles won't Bear it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA Eagles chairman Scott Penn has slammed attempts by North Sydney officials to block Manly players from visiting schools in the Bears’ territory in the new year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5276-sea-eagles-wont-bear-it.html">Read the full article</a>

Long-time Bears juniors coach Kevin Nicholls said Manly will not be welcomed by the schools.

'We would welcome South Sydney players, and we would expect South Sydney players to visit.
The North Sydney area is not the Manly area.”
..well its a lot more geographically closer than south sydney...  dumbazz

This ranks right up there with the most absurd things I've heard in the world of inter-club rivalries. If this attitude is anything to go by, Norths are wasting everyone's time. They obviously aren't a forward-looking franchise, they're just a bitter twisted carcass of a club, and the Central Coast deserves better.

Surely a visit from ANY NRL players would be great for the students and great for rugby league. Amazing...  

The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted. 

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it

tookey link said:
The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted. 

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it
There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

Was Nicholls the bloke who had a blast about Manly a couple of months back? Like a lot of these Norths types, he probably lives on the Northern Beaches!
I don't have any real dramas with Norths re-entering the comp at some point. Who knows, they might even collapse in a heap all over again and finally be de-activated as a footballing 'force'. Especially if they insist on playing a percentage of games at NSO. The Coastal Blacktownians/Maritime Mt Druitians would love that...not.

who are these bears i keep hearing about ???

pffffftttttt they wish they had a .1% of manlys class and prestige

Wouldnt u think the bears would just cop it on the chin....They have nothing at the moment and never have,  but think that they are aligned to Souths(Russell Crowe) they are special.

What power or priveldge do they think they hold.

We should have let them die years ago and we wouldnt have to put up with Florimos crap now,

Jeezus what a pack of losers. They are so pathetic it's beyond a joke that anyone would consider bringing them back into the comp. Why would the C.C want to be associated with this dead loss of a club. 2 premierships in 100 years and the last one was 90 yrs ago, **** me just give up will ya.

Absolutely ridiculous decision.  As if they own the areas!  First order of business for the IC is to stop things like this happening, for the good of the game should be the no1 priority, not some petty agenda.

Holy red-neck thread batman.

Here's a tip. There's more to life than ****ing Rugby League. How narrow minded is it, to stop kids having access to Rugby League players because of demographic.

Wake up to yourselves, one and all.

If Darren Lockyer, Manu Vatuvei, hell, Israel Falou turned up at my kids school, he'd be pumped, and so would I, for him !!

****, I'm going to bash something inanimate !

now the Tele has jumped on

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/claws-come-out-in-northern-turf-war/story-e6frexni-1225964855717

WAMF link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186072.msg308367#msg308367 date=1291277298]
The hatred is building already.  Should be a fever pitch over the next couple of years by the time the central coast is admitted.  

The first game against the CC should be a beauty if this keeps up.  The passion and hatred of the local derby is comming back.  Love it
There is no coming back for the bears, no matter how you keep dreaming of their return. The comp does not need another team in Sydney. It needs to expand to other parts of the country first.

I wonder if you would be just as passionate if the CC ditched the Bears logo and actually decided to go it alone, not try and reincarnate Nth Sydney???

[/quote]

Last time I looked the central coast wasn't in Sydney.

The NRL has already had teams in Perth and Adelaide as well as a second team in Brisbane but they didn't support them and they eventually died.

If the central coast has the necessary funding and they will undoubtedly have the supporter base then why not let them in?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2