News: Sea Eagles lead NRL strongmen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THESE are rugby league's men of steel. Between them there is enough grunt and muscle fibre to lift a three-tonne army jeep - and do it three or four times with ease.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4552-sea-eagles-lead-nrl-strongmen.html">Read the full article</a>

Ok, what is a repetition o begin with? Does it mean he lifts the weight, drops it to his chest, and someone helps him lift it back up? Or is it that he has lifted it, put it on his chest, lifted it again, back to chest then put back on the brace? THAT'S a single repetition in my view.

170k/g's is a ridiculously heavy amount for that exercise.

Someone mentioned to me that Shane Watson gave away the heavy weights, because professionals mentioned that people who power lifted were more susceptable to long term and more frequent injury. In fact, here is a tidbit of the article I found on it:-

"He has been working with Brisbane health expert Victor Popov and now does pilates, running, cycling and swimming instead of lifting weights. His old programme had him training like a rugby league player.

"I haven't touched a weight for 13 months," he said. "The things I've been doing are pilates, hamstring strength, calf strength, which is just body weight stuff. I don't know the inside of a gym. Bowling is the thing I need to do, running and bowling. I feel my body shape is changing, it's a lot lighter, but I feel I haven't lost strength."

I know Donny Singe is a gun. I know Dessie is a gun. I just don't believe a 1/2's training regime should necessarily be built around "the strongest man in the club" ideal.

What I'm saying by the way guys, is I hope to heck he has a great, fully un-injured year. The kid could be3 quite exceptional for us.

dont be a worry wort Ryan.. he will be fine.

Whichever technique hes doing its working.. the kid is strong.. tough.. just look at his arms in the article about him on the manly daily. Hes massive.

Agree with Ryan re watson and cricket but not for NRL (similar to football where there is little to none heavy lifting)

NRL is about the power game...

We have the best injury record in the NRL Ryan, based around proper stretching etc.  I'm sure they've thought ot it.

Ryan link said:
Ok, what is a repetition o begin with? Does it mean he lifts the weight, drops it to his chest, and someone helps him lift it back up? Or is it that he has lifted it, put it on his chest, lifted it again, back to chest then put back on the brace? THAT'S a single repetition in my view.

Someone mentioned to me that Shane Watson gave away the heavy weights, because professionals mentioned that people who power lifted were more susceptable to long term and more frequent injury. In fact, here is a tidbit of the article I found on it:-

\"He has been working with Brisbane health expert Victor Popov and now does pilates, running, cycling and swimming instead of lifting weights. His old programme had him training like a rugby league player.

\"I haven't touched a weight for 13 months,\" he said. \"The things I've been doing are pilates, hamstring strength, calf strength, which is just body weight stuff. I don't know the inside of a gym. Bowling is the thing I need to do, running and bowling. I feel my body shape is changing, it's a lot lighter, but I feel I haven't lost strength.\"

I know Donny Singe is a gun. I know Dessie is a gun. I just don't believe a 1/2's training regime should necessarily be built around \"the strongest man in the club\" ideal.

What I'm saying by the way guys, is I hope to heck he has a great, fully un-injured year. The kid could be3 quite exceptional for us.

Worry much? You'd be giving Jennifer Hawkins a stab and all you'd be doing was worrying whether the frang was going to hold or not.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182446.msg251839#msg251839 date=1266221824]

\"He has been working with Brisbane health expert Victor Popov and now does pilates, running, cycling and swimming instead of lifting weights. His old programme had him training like a rugby league player.

\"I haven't touched a weight for 13 months,\" he said. \"The things I've been doing are pilates, hamstring strength, calf strength, which is just body weight stuff. I don't know the inside of a gym. Bowling is the thing I need to do, running and bowling. I feel my body shape is changing, it's a lot lighter, but I feel I haven't lost strength.\"

I know Donny Singe is a gun. I know Dessie is a gun. I just don't believe a 1/2's training regime should necessarily be built around \"the strongest man in the club\" ideal.

Worry much? You'd be giving Jennifer Hawkins a stab and all you'd be doing was worrying whether the frang was going to hold or not.

[/quote]

Gold. I'd be doing my best to make sure it didnt

Apparently Donald Trump had a run as well.

Either way, saying "Yuck" puts you in the Cambo class of homosexuality.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4