News: Ribot causes chaos behind scenes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />RUGBY league is on the precipice of a magnificent new dawn. An independent commission beckons. Some think it could happen before the start of the next season.  But Super League chief architect John Ribot is doing his best behind the scenes to cause chaos.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4482-ribot-causes-chaos-behind-scenes.html">Read the full article</a>

There's a first time for everything and I agree with Ribot.  Love is a diabolical choice.  Why is rugby league so nepotistic?  Must be something about its working class influences.

They did a poll awhile ago on the SMH website on whether Love should get the gig. Something like 97% said no. We all have good memories.

Get rid of Ribot. He almost killed the game once and should never be allowed a chance to do it again. If Love has to do the job for one year, I have no problem with that - as long as they get a good person in after that. At least the ARL know football and have the total games interest at heart.

Get over yourself Canteen.  None of the above should get the gig.  They're all tainted and all carry baggage.  The problem is that the old boys league's club is squatting on the top ****ting down on all those below.  Breaking that up is a difficult job.  I'd go for a  type without allegiance to factions, who in themselves doesn't have to be steeped to the game, so long as he or she has appropriate management skills after all, at that level it's all about management.  Matas you could be right about the infuences because the ALP suffers from the same incestuous ****e.       

If Love gets the gig we might as well let Phillip Dean be CEO of Manly.  They'd be tailor made for each other.

Matabele link said:
There's a first time for everything and I agree with Ribot.  Love is a diabolical choice.  Why is rugby league so nepotistic?  Must be something about its working class influences.
I thought nepotism was more a characteristic of the ruling classes, from royalty down. Lachlan Murdoch, James Packer, do you think someone maybe opened a few doors for the likes of them?

I am happy for there to be a organisation for running the game at the elite level but the original problem with the whole SuperLeague concept was that it entirely focussed on the top level at TV level rather than looked at the game holistically. The game in the country, at junior level, at schoolboy level and in the non-elite ranks must be nurtured and developed. The danger with the clubs running the NRL is that it will become entirely consumed with just the comp and the interests of the clubs at the expense of the fans and what is best for the game as a whole.

In the end I don't care who the names and faces are who run the game but they need to be qualified to do it properly, they need to have the interests of the whole game and they must have the clout to do the job unimpeded. (They also need a brain which rules Gallop out!!)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6