News: QLD Cup: Sea Eagles go from zeroes to heroes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p> </p>
<p>SPLIT Enz front man Neil Finn once penned a little ditty called History Never Repeats. That could almost be the victory song of the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles after they accomplished a feat yesterday that might never be matched.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4285-qld-cup-sea-eagles-go-from-zeroes-to-heroes.html">Read the full article</a>

SilentBob link said:
Have to include three try hero Neumann  :p

Pass.  As good as he is in the QLD Cup, he is just not up to NRL standard.  He is nothing but a bad luck charm whenever he plays for Manly in the NRL in my opinion.

STGI should win.  With Lyon out and existing combinations not clicking, time for some radical risk-taking?  e.g.:

Forum favourite T-Rex = 5/8th
Foran = centres
Inglis' speedhump = Wolfman = LRO
Bailey = LRO
Hodkinson replacing the injured Orford at half

We wouldn't die wondering, plus we would see what some others might be capable of. The biggest question isn't whether we can beat Broncos, but STGI and the Storm.

Rex link said:
STGI should win.  With Lyon out and existing combinations not clicking, time for some radical risk-taking?  e.g.:

Forum favourite T-Rex = 5/8th
Foran = centres
Inglis' speedhump = Wolfman = LRO
Bailey = LRO
Hodkinson replacing the injured Orford at half

We wouldn't die wondering, plus we would see what some others might be capable of. The biggest question isn't whether we can beat Broncos, but STGI and the Storm.

if you where going to do some thing as silly as that @ this time of year I think

TH to 1/2
OX to 5/8 (needs to assume a finch style ball distributing role with the odd injection)
Foran to Centres
Matai Centres
Farrar Wing
MR wing
BS - FB

I don’t think @ this time of the year you can leave the captain out no matter how poor his form is, I'd love to see it happen but it wont.

Wolfman can continue taking pretty pics for the tele and his movie career – those Brisbane wingers and centre would have a meal of David Williams in his current form.

I don't like the physical size of that back line but we don't have many options

The Captain is crap and a liability M-S.  Apparently he's injured so why carry him any further.  Teams that carry injured players into games usually get beat.  Coaches that select injured players usually end up on the scrapheap.     

DSM5 link said:
The Captain is crap and a liability M-S.  Apparently he's injured so why carry him any further.  Teams that carry injured players into games usually get beat.  Coaches that select injured players usually end up on the scrapheap.     

I don't disagree but Dessie loves him and theres not a chance he wouldn't not play him....

Given Dessies statement of love for the guy in todays papers I reakon where stuck with him for the long haul.... Which is very sad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6