News: Perth NRL push gaining momentum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="article-media article-media-small media-count-2 first-image-316w237h" />
<p class="video tab js-tab js-active-tab js-active-tab-1">NRL boss David Gallop's push for a Perth team to be included in an expanded NRL competition will gather momentum today when he addresses a business lunch in Western Australia.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4900-perth-nrl-push-gaining-momentum.html">Read the full article</a>

He is really building hopes where ever he goes.  They're doing flips in Rocky and are almost selling tickets to the first home game they're that sure of getting a team. Optimism sure is a  motivator thats for sure.

Perth seems like a better idea than resurrect the dead bears.  Why would the convicts on the CC want an ex-Sydney team.  Doesn't Gallop have a sense of history?  It didn't work last time so why would it work again?  Go to Perth.... 

C.C Bears(Actually remind me of when the Titans got in, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion) and the W.A.Reds(just to clarify with the W.A.Reds they have nothing to do with the Western Reds of the 90's) are miles in front of the other teams in regards to set up.

Central Qld are pinning there hopes on Anna Bligh getting re-elected to get a Stadium. Which at this stage is not looking promising.
PNG - Pipeline dream
Wellington Orcas - no one's heard bo from in ages
Logan Ipswich - same as the Orcas

They should be looking at the NT, huge RL following and it's a great place visit/live and to go fishing.

I drive up there every second year for the V8 supercars and for a spot of fishing.

It would make a great weekend watching Manly kick arse in the NT and then watch and pray for a FORD win in the V8's.

Perth is a great idea.  I can't wait for Manly to come over here so I don't have to travel for once.

The Reds did work way back when.  Better offer than the mangy bears.  Who wants to see Orford running around again?  urk. 

Hurry up with this already. The NRL are robbing 63 and I the chance of seeing Manly play in Perth once a year.

I can just see Tramby rubbing his hands together.....MWTS trip to WA. Will be a must do beauty. I'd be only too happy to help/research activities when the time arrives.

The Reds were reasonably successful and were doing okay until the SuperLeague kerpuffle. They were sacrificed to feed a new Melbourne team. Much harder now though as The Force have moved into town. Good idea to go back. Maybe they should move the Storm over there and cut the losses in Bleak city?

Is Perth part of Australia? I thought it was in Scotland.

How many hours flight from Sydney? A day at least!

:)

I'd be amazed if you didn't have family over this way Jerry.
The place has been overrun by mad poms :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183709.msg269067#msg269067 date=1277378180]
And white south Africans.  
And black Somalis
[/quote]

To tell you the truth some people I went to school with live there! Considering it was maybe a hundred at most that's quite a lot.

I have some good ozzie mates in Jandakot in the aviation industry.

I've only been there once but i loved it.

:)

Fro link said:
where it didn't work last time either?

This annoys me!

Who says it didn't work! Arg! The only reason the reds or the rams folded was the super-league, ARL war. Both clubs made profits in their final years and had average turnouts.

This while some clubs were losing money fast (Sharks) but survived.

They would make money again, only because so many NRL fanatics have moved west with the mining boom, and with the population increase a single city team is bound to succeed.

DSM5 link said:
WAMF, are there any white somalis?  What's the general view on a WA team? 
Not sure about the white Somalis, they might have been killed by the black Somalis? Little bit like Zimbabwe?
Anyhow, there is a strong consensus this way,that there would be tremendous support from the sporting public to host a Perth based NRL team.
In addition, corporate sponsors are lining up in droves.

My brother moved to Perth for about 5 years and I know had a team started up there, he would have been at every game. He still would have been a Manly supporter but he loved getting to the footy out there.

I honestly think if they can start getting it on TV at a more reasonably time then they may just start building a bigger and better audience and this could be a viable new location

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6