News: Penn: I’ll buy out Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MANLY co-owner Scott Penn is ready to step in and buy Max Delmege’s share in the Sea Eagles.

Penn and the Sea Eagles arrived home on Wednesday morning after winning the World Club Challenge trophy on Monday.

But as the focus from coach Des Hasler and captain Matt Orford turned to defending their NRL premiership, the on-going feud between co-owners Delmege and Penn continues.

The pair have not spoken since days before an explosive Sea Eagles board meeting on February 12 saw the club’s hierarchy split.

Delmege’s finances have since been questioned, but Penn has now declared his hand, openly.

"If he was interested in selling, we’d be interested in buying,” Penn told The Manly Daily. "If the opportunity was there, it’s something we’d look at, certainly.

"It’s not necessarily on the immediate radar, there’s a few things we all need to sort out and find a resolution for."

Delmege was celebrating his 64th birthday on Wednesday with family and friends at the Tilbury Hotel in Woolloomooloo.

With the property developer preferring to focus on his birthday lunch, son Brett said the family will not let go of the Manly emblem.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/penn-ill-buy-out-delmege.html">Read the full article</a>

Make an offer scott - lets get this done & dusted, one way or the other

TBH I wouldn't want Penn owning 80% of the club. I don't want any one single party having a majority share

Zep link said:
Conflict on interest if Sarah Murdoch buys out delmege?

Now that's a very interesting proposition, Zep.

If the Murdoch's bought 40% of Manly then would Manly get 40% of the favours Brisbane and Melbourne currently get from News Ltd and its subsidiaries, like the Telegraph, Foxsports and the NRL?

And would that mean an end of media attempts to destabilise Manly?

I can't see Sarah getting money from Lachlan - he has lurched from one business deal to another, and none seem to be coming off. In this climate I don't think he will have the cash. Sarah may have a big treasure chest salted away somewhere though. I like the idea and she is all M&W.

I'm with Dan. I would hate to have the club owned 80% by the Penns. Nothing against them - it is just too much to make me feel comfortable. They can put out as many press releases they like but a CC outcome still worries the heck out of me.

I hear lachlan might be gaining yet an either bigger role in News Corp with his dad at 77 and the right hand man leaving after 25 years.

Thought i can't see Lachlan being as ruthless as his father, if anything they need Rupert more than ever.

I would like to express my disappointment that the previous Delmege tax article was locked for comments.

I don't question Dan's right to do so and I am immensely grateful for the obvious effort put into this site that gives me hours of my necessary Manly fix.

Certainly I applaud that the article was left up. I see little to be gained by censorship when something is already in the public arena.

But I saw nothing defamatory in the comments and surely if there was a defamatory comment it could have been removed singly.

When one our owners says something so clearly unfortunate about the club I think we should be allowed to express our feelings.

Anyway I am also extremely grateful to Delmege and hope he can negotiate his difficulties.

But he should also accept that the club is bigger than him and that if accepts the adulation that was rightly due for putting love before money he should not complain or blame the club for the resulting challenges or else relinquish them.

The owner can call it what he likes.  But don't believe everything in the Manly Daily.  Don't forget the 'little fat guy' has a conduit into that rag. 

DSM5 link said:
The owner can call it what he likes.  But don't believe everything in the Manly Daily.  Don't forget the 'little fat guy' has a conduit into that rag. 

Not as much as you'd think, and certainly not as strong as his link to the Tele at any rate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4