News: NRL's man of steel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Since then, he’s been a mainstay for Manly, going on to score a hat-trick of tries in the 40-0 grand final romp over Melbourne. It is in contrast with his time at Canberra, where he only managed 59 games in five injury-riddled seasons.

Lucky Darren wasnt recruiting. We would never have picked Robbo up. He was injured all the time.

I remember when we signed him Ryan kept going on about how we had signed this winger who had played x amount of games and never scored a try or only scored 1 try. He kept saying, how does a first grade winger never score a try.

The sky was certainly falling back then. This was a favourite topic of his when we used to get drunk and talk ****. :)

He had a point too, but lucky it turned out that he was far better than his stats appeared

clontaago said:
Since then, he’s been a mainstay for Manly, going on to score a hat-trick of tries in the 40-0 grand final romp over Melbourne. It is in contrast with his time at Canberra, where he only managed 59 games in five injury-riddled seasons.

Lucky Darren wasnt recruiting. We would never have picked Robbo up. He was injured all the time.

Yeah how does that work, he was injured when he was young, now that he is old he is never injured.

I thought players were supposed to be bulletproof until they were old enough to shave, and after that they went straight into a wheelchair.

The Gronk said:
clontaago said:

Yeah how does that work, he was injured when he was young, now that he is old he is never injured.

I thought players were supposed to be bulletproof until they were old enough to shave, and after that they went straight into a wheelchair.

I would say it would have more to do with how they were developing him and his muscle growth.

by the way gronk I am going to edit your Signature to clean it up a bit

Haha my first thought was I must have had something dirty written there but now I realise it is simply the coding.

:D yeah just removing the HTML as it isn't needed for formatting

Daniel said:
He had a point too, but lucky it turned out that he was far better than his stats appeared

I think this point should be remembered when it comes to future recruitment. I use stats to prove my point sometimes but the good thing about stats is they are only indicative of where you are not where you are going.

I recall YARTS being made with Vaieliki on the wing before he even arrived. :p

Mark from Brisbane said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Lmao I remember Ryan going on non stop about this reserve grade dud

Gee I wish I was on board back then, sounded like fun!!

Ahhhhh the fun Mark !

If Ryno bags them they are destined to be a success. If he includes them in his YART like Vaieliki or Adam Luchetti they will fail :)

stoodamire said:
Anyone know the record of most consecutive games played in NRL?

From what I can remember , I think it's Jason Taylor who has played the most consecutive games in the ARL/NRL just short of 200 games

Daniel said:
I remember when we signed him Ryan kept going on about how we had signed this winger who had played x amount of games and never scored a try or only scored 1 try. He kept saying, how does a first grade winger never score a try.

The sky was certainly falling back then. This was a favourite topic of his when we used to get drunk and talk s**t. :)

yeah i like him.. i also liked that paul stephenson(spelling..) or what ever his name was .. he wasnt bad under the high ball he scored a few tries from cross field kicks to his corner ..

jjai said:
Daniel said:

The sky was certainly falling back then. This was a favourite topic of his when we used to get drunk and talk s**t. :)

yeah i like him.. i also liked that paul stephenson(spelling..) or what ever his name was .. he wasnt bad under the high ball he scored a few tries from cross field kicks to his corner ..

Steppa seemed like a good bloke but I hear his brother is a real prick.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6