News: News Limited publications apology to Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

On 10 March 2009, The Courier Mail website published a series of articles about the police investigation into allegations of sexual assault made by a 17-year-old girl against Brett Stewart.

Read the full article

Interesting obviously a settlement has been made and that including an apology. Now Gallop has to make ammendments.

Interesting that it was done through the Courier Mail - Qld paper - rather than in Sydney where the most damage was done.

Gallop now needs to show some balls and also offer a public apology. Manly's fine should also be refunded!!!

They must have got the legal papers delivered to them & trying to weasel their way out of it with a lame 1 paragraph statement (thats what I'll call it)

Dirty Rex hunts.
Would of liked to see the hacks that wrote that crap have to individually apologize in their newspaper

What a joke of an apology.

Stewart's lawyers should make them apologise for this "apology".

Matabele said:

On 10 March 2009, The Courier Mail website published a series of articles about the police investigation into allegations of sexual assault made by a 17-year-old girl against Brett Stewart.

Read the full article

Did anyone else notice that Rebecca Wilson finished up with the Sunday Telegraph last week? Any link here I wonder? Perhaps some of the $$ that News paid out are a direct result of her articles.

The same apology article appears in all of the News Limited newspaper websites.

Shoe1 said:
Matabele said:

Read the full article

Did anyone else notice that Rebecca Wilson finished up with the Sunday Telegraph last week? Any link here I wonder? Perhaps some of the $$ that News paid out are a direct result of her articles.

Good riddance to her.

EDIT:

mickqld, as Dan stated the other day in the "FYI Blanket warning, tone it down" http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Blanket-warning-tone-it-down thread, "This site is frequented by ALL manly fans that means children too. There really is no place for people being called names, being sworn at or for any level of abuse". Also, you could open things up for legal proceedings to be taken against you too for the things that you say.

how about saying-
Sorry for lying
Sorry for misleading readers of the publications
Sorry for making up allegations and stating them as fact
Sorry for the grief caused to the Stewart family through incorrect assertions that were published purely to sell news papers.

News Ltd low lifes.

Canteen Worker said:
Interesting that it was done through the Courier Mail - Qld paper - rather than in Sydney where the most damage was done.

Gallop now needs to show some balls and also offer a public apology. Manly's fine should also be refunded!!!
Also, it's a public holiday here today so noone will read it.

It's bloody hard to find on any of the News Ltd newspaper sites, so maybe .0000000001% of readers have actually read it......it should be a 1/4 page in the sports section of the normal papers.....a joke really.

If the articles were printed in the newspapers, shouldnt the apology also be printed in the newspapers?
The apology should be in a position as prominant as the articles were too (aka front page, back page, opinions page, etc)

Wow, they went all out with that one. Doesn't go far enough.

I also wait on the apology from the red bandana'd clown FitzSimons who has never apologised for his campaign against Stewart when the allegations broke, and who found it easy to publicly admonish another individual last weekend in Gai Waterhouse for her comments re Gillard's hair. Man up Peter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4